No announcement yet.

Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Originally posted by pooky
    It should be coming this month.
    Fabulous :)
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Well since all the other icelandic translators quit their job after translating a fraction of the play, or suddenly disappear and cut off all communication for reasons I do not know, I have not much trust in comments like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ibIyUaBwY
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I better see by the time LTs 3rd season airs...the stageplays full translated on youtube f or the masses..and those darned icelandic books scanlated and translated. viva la mexico

I want this damn franchise back to its popularity height of the mid 2000's like it was

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
          Well since all the other icelandic translators quit their job after translating a fraction of the play, or suddenly disappear and cut off all communication for reasons I do not know, I have not much trust in comments like this.

Any chance of getting in contact with this person even though the account is down? It would be very, very, very awesome if they are working on or still willing to translate the plays, and possibly more of the soundtrack to Glanni Glæupr.

Comment

Originally posted by melissaIvory View Post
            Any chance of getting in contact with this person even though the account is down? It would be very, very, very awesome if they are working on or still willing to translate the plays, and possibly more of the soundtrack to Glanni Glæupr.
            I tried to contact this person but he has a pm restriction on his youtube so only contacts can message him. He doesn't accept contacts so there is no way of sending him a message. Too bad.

I'm not surprised though, this has happened a lot of times before.
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Honestly, I prefer Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ to the TV show. I love the Pixel design in that version... anyway, someone did the first 8 or 9 minutes of it and then disappeared from Youtube. http://youtu.be/c_q5DhKRs2Y

Also, no idea where this is from, but the original puppet designs for the show were a bit more odd. Sportacus would have been a puppet version of his second play version, Pixel matches the look I prefer, and a few other characters appear that didn't make the cut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG0mr...share&index=16

Comment

Originally posted by Prisoner416 View Post
                Honestly, I prefer Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ to the TV show.
                I know what you mean. Everything was quite charming.

Comment

Reminds me to contact some people again. Who knows some good will happen finally.

Comment

Honestly, if I didn't have the difficulties with learning languages (or having my brain literally lock away the others I had learned and was learning) translating this would be one of my motivations to learning Icelandic. But all attempts at trying to learn have failed.

Good luck with the search for a translator. If the only way to get it done, however, if payment for their services, I'd be happy to pitch in some money. (Since translators do get paid for these things.)

Comment

The most difficult part is the transcription, honestly. Even if we could get a native speaker to make a little document with essentially the script, Google translate combined with some logic, assumption, and clever manipulation could do a well enough job to translate I think. I would be willing to spend time on making that happen. How much would we have to pay for someone to do that? What if we set up a donation which would then be used to pay an Icelander to help us? Could that happen?

Comment

I have sent a few emails to some professional translating websites to see what it might cost to get ~2:45:00 of spoken Icelandic translated in to English. I'll see if this is even close to reasonable.

Comment

I guess that's the best way. I contacted dozens of icelandics through the years but it never got that far translating the whole play. I never offered them any money, maybe that was the problem.

Comment

If it's not a ridiculous price then I'd be happy to help. I think everyone interested should put forward some money, I don't like the idea of being one of only 2 or 3 people that has to pay and the rest get to see it for free, 6 or 7 people would be a good number, or at least all the regulars.
                            Or maybe an email could be sent to all members like when the forum was moved, maybe some lurkers would be interested.

Comment

Yeah, no. The price for a professional service is beyond doable for our community. A transcription would cost around 680 EUR, and a translation would cost around 2500 EUR. So unless there is a super rich lurker that is feeling generous, we are going to have to look to other means. How much could it cost to bribe an everyday Icelander to do the same thing? I'll see what I can find regarding that too.

Comment

Wow, translators have serious earning power.

Comment

Working...
                                X