No announcement yet.

Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Has anyone ever thought maybe we should subtitle the Latibaer plays? It would be so nice to know what is being said so if anyone is interested in trying to get this project togethor post your ideas and thoughts.

I would like that, they look fun despite the horrors that are the kids.

Comment

OK, who has the best grasp of Icelandic on GL?

Pretty sure it's not me.

Comment

I'd settle for plot summaries, but subbed versions would be awesome!

Wish I could help out, but sadly I lack any knowledge of Icelandic or subbing programs.

Comment

I don't know, didn't it take months to get subbed versions of 3 and 7 minute clips (Stefan talking to those people and Magnus at the Edda awards)

what am I saying, there's always a way, so if there's any way I can help, I will

Comment

I can take a stab at translating some. My Icelandic is very limited as I've only been studying it since this summer.

Give me about five years and I'm sure it won't be a problem.

Comment

I've had some secret plans with this. On the translation front, I want to see how busy nv821 and Nalla are. I also need to do a pre-timing for both plays so that the translation will go slighty easier; it's like having bookmarks or checkpoints. The songs are also something to worry about. I know Razoth did some transcribing and translating for a certain percentage; transcribing is 100% for the first play's songs since it's all there. :) I'm going to have to ask for that once the project is underway.

About the actual plays, if possible, I would like the DVDs or DVD image of them so I can fiddle and clean them up. I know that shinju_chan has them, but I'm unsure if she wants to upload or send a copy of them. I need to ask her without sounding like some weird hippie.

Anywho, if any of ya'll can help with that, it'll be much appreciated. There's also some other things if the translation gets done, I'll need grammar nazis and editors. I'll also need people that know their way with words since a literal translation can be hard to understand in a general. lol, you can already see that I use too many words. Some old fashioned quality assurance will be needed to, it will be people that just check out the video and sub quality to make sure it's all good. Of course with all of this, you'll get a spot in the credits. :)

Comment

*raises hand* ooh, ooh, I wanna be a grammar nazi, I just wish I could help with the more important stuff(i.e. actually translating the damn thing) or if it needs to be translated into spanish, I'm good with that

Comment

I can do grammar editing if it's needed, no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by crosis52
                    *raises hand* ooh, ooh, I wanna be a grammar nazi, I just wish I could help with the more important stuff(i.e. actually translating the damn thing) or if it needs to be translated into spanish, I'm good with that
                    Me too, except I could translate into Russian in case...well, in case someone just so happens to want that done.

Comment

I would offer my services, but I'm sure you'll be inundated with offers, so I'll just say I'm here if you want me.

Comment

Thanks, everyone. :) About the translating to other languages like Spanish and Russian, I have thought about that ever since I saw someone over at WoJ said they were translating stuff into German; I forgot who was going to do that though. So if there's a demand for it, I'll need you folks for that. :)

For the editing, there might be a few chances to practice to see how we work together and stuff.

Originally posted by kallikak
                        Me too, except I could translate into Russian in case...well, in case someone just so happens to want that done.
                        You know Russian?! Cool! Would you be interested in translating a Russian News clip? :) It's about LazyTown and you can find it here: http://lazytown.biz/the-company/propert ... nterviews/

It's at the bottom with the title: Clip from the State Television Channel "TV Channel Russia" May 2006.

Or if you prefer a direct link to the .mov file: http://anonym.to/?http://lazytown.biz/m ... tMay06.mov

I haven't got the pre-timing done with this one yet. If you need a .wav file or anything from it, just give me a holler and I'll get it done. Also, take your time with this one because I'm not in any hurry. :)

Comment

I'll see what I can do with that news clip. I'll probably have to bust out the dictionary but I should be able to get the gist of it. Expect an update within the next few days (school FTL)

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

I have large amounts of Icelandic resources, more than the few online dictionaries contain, so unless we'll be working with a native speaker... you might want to count me in.

I was originally intending to transcribe and translate the plays after the songs were done... but transcripting is a horror, even with the programs I've been using. If we're relying on non-natives to transcribe, that will be the part that takes the longest. Once I have text, translating will be relatively easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X