Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Originally posted by Stingy
    I agree. I can't imagine life without a computer. I wonder what WoW server he plays on...
    I'm impressed that you were able to correctly translate all of the figurative language into something that actually makes sense. Good job!
    Thanks. :) I had more trouble with the non-figuartive language. I still don't know what 'pinna' means in relation to computers... I tried looking on google.is but got nothing solid... I don't know enough about hardware, I guess. :|

And I feel the same way. When I was first translating it I was like "Geez, this guy is way too attached to hsi computer!" then I realized that I go into internet withdrawal in an hour so... yeah....

Originally posted by agusxx2
    It's awesome! I love to see how are you translating the Latibær songs , seriously, I know it's hard work and it's much appreciated :-D I subbed and added you on YT
    Thanks! I added you on YT, too. I didn't sub, though, cuz I never check my subs anyways, I just use them to keep track of who's putting up translated foreign disney... >_>

Comment

Originally posted by GoggiMega
      Thanks. :) I had more trouble with the non-figuartive language. I still don't know what 'pinna' means in relation to computers... I tried looking on google.is but got nothing solid... I don't know enough about hardware, I guess. :|
      I'm pretty sure it means pins.

Originally posted by Dictionary
      pin? ?/p?n/ Show Spelled [pin] Show IPA noun, verb,pinned, pin·ning.

–noun
      21. Electronics. a pin-shaped connection, as the terminals on the base of an electron tube or the connections on an integrated circuit.
      So I'd say plugs is about right.

Comment

Nice job. :) A half-translation imo, is better than no translation at all. I really hope you or someone can sometime soon sub both stageplays completely, and than get them up online in high quality for people who wanted subbed dvds or what not of it.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin55
          Nice job. :) A half-translation imo, is better than no translation at all. I really hope you or someone can sometime soon sub both stageplays completely, and than get them up online in high quality for people who wanted subbed dvds or what not of it.
          I'd definitely love that- but there's no way I could do it. It's only cuz Stingy gave me the lyrics that I can translate them, I'm nowhere near good enough to be able to put down all that they're saying accurately. If someone else can, I'd definitely be up for giving it a go, though. I'd really love to see Latibær with subtitles in english (I'd probably do what I'm doing here for personal use, but others can do whatever they want), if only so I know what's actually going on.

Comment

(sorry for the double post)

Is there anyone else who has a good enough knowledge of icelandic and has the time that can check my translations for me? Rowan is helping me with it, but the more the better and all that. PM me if you can.

Thanks!

Comment

(sorry for the double post)

Is there anyone else who has a good enough knowledge of icelandic and has the time that can check my translations for me? Rowan is helping me with it, but the more the better and all that. PM me if you can.

Thanks!
              I've got an icelandic friend who loves to translate and wants to help. I sent you a PM for more ;)
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

[youtube]Pzy4luWP5Nw[/youtube]

Siggi Sæti this time. Again, one I was confident on. Sorry, guys, but the easier it is to translate the more likely it'll get up here. I'm not really going in any other order.

Lyrics:

All day I lie up in bed
                ?And don´t go towards the door.
                I gobble up candy and chew and chew
                Chew my yummy yum.

Eighty toffees, chocolate malt
                ?And twelve chocolate buns.
                Paper wrappers, I throw them all in a pile
                ?So I don´t see the floor.

I don´t feel like moving so now I´m here with my candy wrapper mountain.
                There´s no doubt about it, I´m a complete candy tub

Chocolate, toffee, hard candy, chewing gum
                Yummy yummy yummy yummy yum...

Comment

Nice work, GoggiMega :)
                  I always knew he was saying something like that, Thank God english and icelandic are related.

Comment

I has a request!
                    You should do "Jólin koma" sooner rather than later.
                    I love how the song gets Maggified and then Nennified lol.

Comment

I has a request!
                      Hmm.... I´ll give it a try. No promises. I think the last line is "My dad will buy Christmas!" o_O Nenni is seriously spoiled.

Comment

I has a request!
                        Hmm.... I´ll give it a try. No promises. I think the last line is "My dad will buy Christmas!" o_O Nenni is seriously spoiled.
                        Them Jews ;)

Seriously though, I'd like to hire a crack team of translators to do both plays so I can host the translations on my site

Comment

Originally posted by xjocundxlilacx
                          Seriously though, I'd like to hire a crack team of translators to do both plays so I can host the translations on my site
                          Lemme know if you ever get around to doing that. :)

Comment

Originally posted by xjocundxlilacx
                            haha, I love a bit of competition . It's healthy to the mind.
                            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Next up. Christmas in March! Robbie Rotten and Sportacus singing. Robbie was about to break into a house to warm up (I think) and stops, pulls a Jack Skellington and goes "What's this?!" and starts sulking because he wants hot cocoa. And apparently Sportacus notices him or something... I actually don't know. I know some of the translations are a bit awkward.

I am working on Jólin Koma, but there's a few lines that are bugging me so I had to ask someone who knows more about Icelandic for help. Jól eftir Jól kicked my ass... I need to get way better at this language.
                              In the meantime- Enjoy. Or don't.

[youtube]BH_AT2tIf4A[/youtube]

You know what is said about men that often loose their way?
                              When they see a light at Christmas?
                              You know what is said about such men that often stand alone?
                              That he has someone on Christmas

No one sees me, I don´t care, though inside I see a celebrtation, when I´m outside
                              I want to be in peace for Christmas. That's why I'm alone on Christmas.

If it is true that black becomes white
                              And cold becomes warm on Christmas Eve,
                              Then it is possible for you to change
                              And finally find peace on Christmas

What is it to me? I'm tough. Sneaking in the night and stealing from you.
                              I want to be in peace for Christmas. That's why I'm alone on Christmas.

In the city square all is still and calm
                              I face towards lights and freshfallen snow
                              Then I listen to the sound fill the emptiness (in me) on Christmas.

Do you know it´s message: "You shall love your fellow man"?
                              Throughout the year, beginning now, on Christmas.

Comment

For Jocund. ;) I did half of this when they asked me, but only finished translating it today. I was actually very busy today, also translated Lifið er svo létt. And it´s only 4 am... man I need to sort out my sleep schedule.
                                [youtube]dOKh5684RH8[/youtube]

I am Halla the Prankster and I awfully decieve
                                I know nothing better than to do others harm

It´s fun to hit others right in the butt (with her slingshot)
                                I have never known a funnier game.

?I skip after the kids and beat them up
                                So the children yell and I slap them, laughing.

I shoot at them with my slingshot and tug at their hair
                                It goes without saying that many start to cry.

?Torturing others leaves them panicking about me.
                                So they rush home on the verge of tears

Of course it is all just innocent fun.
                                Because everyone is very scared of Halla the Prankster

Comment

Working...
                                X