No announcement yet.

Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

So frustrating that in how many years barely any progress has been made...I say we just say **** it and start asking random youtubers to translate a minute here in a minute there and eventually will have majority of the damn thing done...we already got a bunch of the songs that cuts the time down a bit doesn't it? Lol

Comment

Too bad most of the posted videos don't exist anymore. I would really like to know why the Stephanie- and Trixie-a-like-characters were puttin in jail in the second play.
      Most thing is only understandable by the visuals, since I don't speak icelandic at all.
      I found it funny when Ziggy was started to sing "Was kann der Sigismund dafür, dass er so schön ist" (The Sigismund-song) from the play "Im Weißen Rössl'/The White Horse Inn" when playing with a flower.

Comment

Originally posted by LT-Fan View Post
        Too bad most of the posted videos don't exist anymore. I would really like to know why the Stephanie- and Trixie-a-like-characters were puttin in jail in the second play.
        Basically, Trixie was framed for killing the plants by Robbie Rotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
          Basically, Trixie was framed for killing the plants by Robbie Rotten.
          I see, the one that were poisoned by RObbie earlier. Thank you for your reply Stingy.
          And what was Stephanie blamed for? For protecting Trixie? And how did they found out that Ricki Rikki was Robbie? At the end the policeman was reading a newspaper and they mentioned Ricki Rikki and Robbie Rotten in the same line.
          There are so many questions about that.

Comment

Originally posted by LT-Fan View Post
            And what was Stephanie blamed for? For protecting Trixie? And how did they found out that Ricki Rikki was Robbie? At the end the policeman was reading a newspaper and they mentioned Ricki Rikki and Robbie Rotten in the same line.
            I reviewed the video, and I was mistaken about what I said earlier. It was Stephanie who was framed with the footprint, not Trixie. Trixie's slingshot was found at the scene of the crime. Of course, I cannot say for absolute certain, but it is my understanding that they were accused of both poisoning the plants due to the fact that they are good friends.

As for Robbie Rotten, it seems that Stephanie and Trixie were very suspicious of him, and possible even overheard him saying something. It sounds like the newspaper is talking about how the car was stolen, and the line that you are referencing is the moment that they find out that Rikki Riki and Glanni Glæpur are one in the same. Translated to English, it pretty much goes, "Ricky Rich is Robbie Rotten!"

One thing that helps me is to use the voice function in Google Translate. If you can listen closely to what they say and then mimic what they say clearly into the tool, it is usually pretty good at picking it up correctly.

Comment

Than you Stingy. Very interesting. The line "Ricky Rich is Robbie Rotten!" I heard myself too. About Stephanie: It looked very strange, when Trixie was aside while all the others were singing "Ricky is the best", including Stephanie. It looked like a different kind of Stephanie, comparing to the one we know. I might try to look closer.

Comment

Maggi M. Lyrics:

Kona (við Maggi):

Langar þig í kjöt? (Nei!)
                Langar þig í fisk? (Nei!)

Langar þig í ávexti
                eða kannski grænmeti?

Langar þig í brauð? (Nei!)
                Langar þig í skyr? (Nei!)

Smakkar ðu það sem þú hefur
                aldrei smakkað fyrr?

Ekki gefa'i alla fæðu frat.
                Já elskan min þú borðar aldrei mat

Maggi:

Jú ég borða kornhringi
                en bragða ekki kál

Já, ég vil kakókúlur, kexkökur
                og kornhringi í hvert mál.

Jú ég borða kókókúlur
                kornhringi og flögur.

Já, mér finnst morgunkorn og mjólkurkex
                matur sem segir sex.

Comment

Thanks for helping with getting it written down :)

Comment

Bing Bang Dingalingaling:

Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Já, nú er best að toga sig og teygja! (Teygja! Teygja!) Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Yes, now is best to pull oneself and stretch! (Stretch! Stretch!)
                    Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Já, nú er best að hrista stirðan skrokk! Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Yes, now is best to shake a stiff body!

Mál að liðka alla liði! Og loksins mál að stíga á stokk! Time to exercise all joints! And finally time to step into a jump!
                    Og syngja Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Já, nú er mál að hrista af sér slenið! And sing Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Yes, now it's time to shake sluggishness away!
                    Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Já, nú er mál að liðka allan líkamann! Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Yes, now it's time to exercise every body!

Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Ég byrja' á því að hrista bara hendur! (Hendur! Hendur!) Bing Bang Dingalingaling! I start by shaking only hands! (Hands! Hands!)
                    Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Svo hristi' ég vinstra' og hægra lærið mitt! Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Then I shake my right and left legs!
                    Síðan hristi' ég á mér hausinn! Og hress og galvösk fer svo í splitt..! Then I shake my head! And fit and untiring I go thus into splits...

Við syngjum Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Já, nú er mál að hrista af sér slenið! We sing Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Yes, now it's time to shake sluggishness away!
                    Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Já, nú er mál að liðka allan líkamann! Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Yes, now it's time to exercise every body!

Við syngjum Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Já, nú er mál að hrista af sér slenið! We sing Bing Bang Dingalingaling! Yes, now it's time to shake sluggishness away!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LATABAE View Post
                        Bing Bang Dingalingaling:

Those are already translated, on Livejournal, in 2007.
                        I bet you took them from there? or from LTP or LazyTown Wiki?

http://lazytown.livejournal.com/635999.html

http://lazytown.livejournal.com/616853.html
                        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                          Those are already translated, on Livejournal, in 2007.
                          I bet you took them from there? or from LTP or LazyTown Wiki?

http://lazytown.livejournal.com/635999.html

http://lazytown.livejournal.com/616853.html
                          It looks like Latabae is just trying to make a compilation of translations - not attribute them to him/herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Catbooks View Post
                            It looks like Latabae is just trying to make a compilation of translations - not attribute them to him/herself.
                            I believe so. Probably I misunderstood the meaning of the posts.
                            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                              Totally. Costs a lot though. I'll do some more research on it and see how feasible it really is.
                              I know I probably shouldn't, but because this is something I too wanted to happen so badly, I went out and took action. I'm in contact with an Icelandic transcriber/translator. I have payed out of my own pocket for the first few minutes of the show, just to get the ball rolling, but I've asked him about an estimate for the entirety of the show.
                              Pricing doesn't seem too expensive, but that is mainly because this guy is not a legit professional transcriber, which of course brings this into perspective:
                              Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                              I have visions of someone saying "Yeah I'll help" then taking our cash and deleting their online footprint.
                              But I wouldn't be totally alarmed by this, and he does indeed have a perfect reputation from former customers. The only way of avoiding him scamming the bunch of us, would of course be to do the play in sections. Prepay for the first part of the show, and then pay him after his work for the rest of the parts. I see no reason for him not to trust is though, as I have already told him that we are a rather large site.

Anyway, I'm waiting for him to get back to me now, which he'll hopefully do later today (he's Swedish so timewise I have no delays).
                              Until then, I honestly think this deserves a thread of its own, instead of us spamming Pooky's dear donations thread with talks about this massive operation.
                              I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                                I know I probably shouldn't, but because this is something I too wanted to happen so badly, I went out and took action. I'm in contact with an Icelandic transcriber/translator. I have payed out of my own pocket for the first few minutes of the show, just to get the ball rolling, but I've asked him about an estimate for the entirety of the show.
                                Pricing doesn't seem too expensive, but that is mainly because this guy is not a legit professional transcriber, which of course brings this into perspective
                                Cool man, nobody is going to argue with that. Let us know how it turns out.

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                                Until then, I honestly think this deserves a thread of its own, instead of us spamming Pooky's dear donations thread with talks about this massive operation.
                                Good thing there is one.

Comment

Working...
                                X