No announcement yet.

Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Gosh, how I long for a translated version of those plays... If enough other people were willing I would gladly try to help out with translating/subtitling them, though I'm not sure we have a native Icelandic speaker amongst us which makes things a little tricky. Still, a fantastic job has been done with these song translations so who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
      [youtube]Hpl_QDMJM1k[/youtube]
      This video has the tranlsation in the description.
      I usually never type this but, zOMG! As soon as I put this in my schedule, I'm going to work on a quick sub for part 1.

I'm with Rowan, if there are enough people, I'll help too. Maybe we can finally get this done, and maybe I'll actually buy those plays on DVD from skifan.is :).

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
        I usually never type this but, zOMG! As soon as I put this in my schedule, I'm going to work on a quick sub for part 1. I'm with Rowan, if there are enough people, I'll help too. Maybe we can finally get this done, and maybe I'll actually buy those plays on DVD from skifan.is :).
        I am surprised and pleased with your interest in ye olde LazyTown. Most of you oldfags didn't even know it existed.
        If you actually do decide to buy that DVD, don't do it from Skifan. Just don't.
        Uuse this site: http://www.elko.is/elko/finna/?searchtext=latab%C3%A6
        And use the instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2374&start=208

Comment

Yeah, don't use Skifan if you don't have to, so not recommended.
          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
            I am surprised and pleased with your interest in ye olde LazyTown. Most of you oldfags didn't even know it existed.
            If you actually do decide to buy that DVD, don't do it from Skifan. Just don't.
            Uuse this site: http://www.elko.is/elko/finna/?searchtext=latab%C3%A6
            And use the instructions here: http://www.getlazy.net/forums/viewtopic ... &start=208
            Thanks for the info. Alan was able to get skifan.is to work for him, he did a similar e-mail-directly-to-them method awhile back and that worked. However, it sounded like he had to convince them by saying he was learning Icelandic. Eiko sounds a little bit easier and it actually is a few bucks cheaper than skifan. We'll see what the shipping costs are though. I'll also have to figure out something about that credit card stuff, I don't like putting it in an email! Something about a disposable credit card by Visa ought to do. I only vaguely remember the details, more research needed.

A load of tags are in my bag. Not sure about others, but a lot of the oldies knew about the old plays for awhile. I tried, in vain, in making a fansub group to translate/subtitle it, but someone or some people scared off the translator I was going to work with. Hippies! Her English was really good, which would have made editing easier, and she was a nice person too. :)

EDIT: Wowzers, they also have season 2 LazyTown. I wonder if it still have the English soundtrack. I almost forgot though, if those Blu-rays come out then I won't have to worry about getting the Icelandic DVDs anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
              Thanks for the info. Alan was able to get skifan.is to work for him, he did a similar e-mail-directly-to-them method awhile back and that worked. However, it sounded like he had to convince them by saying he was learning Icelandic. Eiko sounds a little bit easier and it actually is a few bucks cheaper than skifan. We'll see what the shipping costs are though. I'll also have to figure out something about that credit card stuff, I don't like putting it in an email! Something about a disposable credit card by Visa ought to do. I only vaguely remember the details, more research needed.
              Shipping should be near 1495 ISKR (~12 bucks) plus the CD cost should even out to about 25 dollars.
              I also ordered the DVD from skifan, but with much trouble. It took about 5 or 6 weeks to get here, during that time I wasn't even sure if my order went through. Whereas with elko you could keep up constant contact if needed, and your stuff should be delivered in about 12 days or less.
              They will ask for your credit card info attached in a .doc, not directly in the email. If you are still uncomfortable with that, a gift card will work anyway.

Comment

Cool, thanks ol' chap. :) Now I remember about the gift card/credit card stuff. I forgot all about them. People used to use those for these old GPT sites I used to go to. Time to go do that research again, some new stuff might have happened by now. Too bad skifan got all funky there.

I also forgot about that .doc bit, I saw it while skimming through the instructions. Still a little unsafe, but it's an extra step for any bad guys that want to steal info.

Comment

We translated the second part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZqxfBEsTC0

Comment

I dont like the old Sportacus he's too preachy

Comment

Too bad for me. It's not with subtitles :(
                      Too hard read this text and look at the video :(

Comment

Originally posted by Deep4t
                        I dont like the old Sportacus he's too preachy
                        I like him better, the new one is dense sometimes, but this one is preachy.
                        A bit later there's actually a really cool bit where he basically tells people that he wasn't always able to walk on his hands- but because he kept working at it, he was able to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by chaloo
                          We translated the second part
                          Yeah, it's going slow unfortunately, we need more icelandic people to do this. Thanks for your help Char ;)

Anyway there is no transcription of the play, or it's lost. So we need to do it with the video's :(
                          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Oh, the second part was posted here. I should have checked out this topic first! Thanks for the work so far!

I know of a couple of programs that could help with the transcription process. I could talk about them if you or anyone would like. The reason for that is because those programs take some getting used to, but once you do they will make transcribing so much easier. So I'll have to give a quick rundown on how to get those programs up and running.

Comment

Sounds great if it's dubbed in english, with Magnus, Stefan and Julianna's voice

Latibaer en LazyTown

Latibaer en LazyTown is an upcoming 2012 theatrical film based on two popular plays created by Magnus Scheving titled "Áfram Latibær (Go on Lazytown!)" and "Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ (Robbie Rotten in LazyTown)" and also the TV series that was inspired from the two plays "LazyTown".

The film features footage of both of the plays and redubbed into English to become a full motion movie.

Also, the child characters are named after the seven deadly sins in which the children portray instead of their original Icelandic names or their LazyTown series names.
                              Magnus, Stefan and Julianna are the only characters who redub their own character in which they actually performed their roles themselves while other actors voiced over the other characters.

Plot
                              An athletic elf from the North Sea named Íþróttaálfurinn has come to LazyTown to make the kids more active with his magical powers of exercising and inspiration. But, the plan does get foiled when Glanni Glæpur tries to defeat him.

Cast
                              Magnus Scheving - Íþróttaálfurinn/Igniknock the SportaElf: An athletic elf who possess magical powers and plans to make LazyTown a better place.
                              Stefán Karl Stefánsson - Glanni Glæpur/Robbie Rotten: The main antagonist who plans to make all of the citizens in LazyTown lazy forever and to kill Igniknock
                              Julianna Rose Mauriello - Solla Stirða/Sloth: An out-of-shape dancer who suffers forom a serious medical condition that involves her stiff joints.

Voices
                              Debi Derryberry - Siggi Sæti/Gluttony: An overweighted child who enjoys eating candy and sweets than going outside and also idolizes Superman after the release of the 1978 film.
                              Tara Strong - Halla Hrekkjusvín/Wrath: A juvenial delinquent who wields a slingshot and loves bullying other people.
                              Henry Winkler - Bæjarstjórinn/Mayor Pride Meanswell: A nerdy mayor who tries to impress his love one, Bessie Busybody.
                              Jim Cummings - Goggi Mega/Lust: A young inventor and gamer who is bald and spends too much time on the television, media players, computers, video-games and handheld games. Losing his green hair due to not going outside, he invents electronic goggles in order to see twelve television sets and personal computers all at once.
                              Dee Bradley Baker - Nenni Níski/Greed: A greedy and selfish boy who claims everything is his, especially money. He is also very rich.
                              Kath Soucie - Stína Símalína/Bessie Busybody: The smokinged secretary of Mayor Meanswell who he loves. She spends too much time on the telephone.
                              Grey DeLisle - Eyrún Eyðslukló/Envy: Greed's money-loving cousin who finds loose change or spare change and spends it as quick as possible and sometimes begs other people for more money.
                              Sean Paul - Maggi Mjói/Jives Junkfood: A white-rapper who does not eat correctly by eating too much junkfood such as cocoa puffs, chips and doesn't walk much. He is Gluttony's cousin and he was Robbie's first victim.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latibaer_en_LazyTown
                              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Verifying this at the moment.

P.S. I knew these ****ers were based on the 7 deadly sins. Glad to see that if even fake, someone at least agrees with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X