Your favorite city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite city

If there is a city, or a town, anywhere in the world, that you really like, wheter you have been there or not, write about it here. This includes immaginary towns, preferably ones that people know about.
    I've always liked towns with a medieval air to them, over modern big cityes, such as New York ( )...and I always liked mountain towns over plain or sea-side towns.
    I love a lot of towns, here's just 2: LazyTown, and my own town, Piatra Neam?.

Re: Your favorite city

Lazytown yesssss.

Let me see... I'm fond of small-ish towns which I can only really think to describe as family holiday towns. I doubt it's the same in other countries but they're the sort of quaint places people visit with their parents when they're young I guess... a nice atmosphere, but I'd never live in one.

I really like London. Yes, it might be a big crowded city full of pollution and often very bad things but there are lovely parts too. I have a lot of good memories there, it's a place I feel very at home in and I can find almost anything I want there. I'm also very fond of Brighton. Another place where I can find many things I really like, but much prettier and less busy than London. To name a few other places in the UK, I love Glasgow and Portsmouth.

I haven't been to a huge amount of cities overseas. I've visited Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Slovakia, Croatia and Austria... the places I visited in the latter three are probably the most beautiful. I can't remember all the names of places we went to except for Salzberg and Zagreb. Perhaps it's the surrounding area and the journey to them, though, that makes them extra special. hm. I'm really fond of Munich and some of the more rural places I stayed in the East of Germany.

I've got a few favourite video game towns too, but I can't be bothered to think of them all.

Originally posted by SonicStephanie
    you could write that to "Your Country" Topic...

because its name is general...I think :|
    Nah, I think this should be separate, because your favourite towns could be anywhere in the world, or fictional.

Comment

Not even gonna say LazyTown, that's too obvious.

I haven't gotten out of my country yet. I'll do it someday, when I have the money.

The only notable place inside the US that I have been is Hollywood. And let me tell you...holy shit it's another world. There are people in costumes up and down the street. Mario, Superman, Spiderman, Chewbacca, Jesus even lol. Food vendors walking up and down the streets, half of them being robbed. The sidewalks are packed and loud. As far as you can see there are people with towels set up selling useless crap. When I was there, it was about a week and a half after Michael Jackson's death, so his star and mansion were ****ING PACKED and news reporters left and right. I was able to nab a flower from his memorial. Still sitting in a little plastic bag. It's an interesting place, but I never want to live there.

I want to visit all over the world. Some of the high-priority places I want to go are: (in no particular order)

Gardabaer (duh hehe)
      London
      New York
      Tokyo

But I'm really up to go anywhere as long as it isn't a dump of a country haha.

Comment

Nürnberg
        Kharkiv
        Kazan Kremlin

A great city must have a great story. Nürnberg have a great medieval history and fine architecture.
        Kharkiv was demolished by the Nazis, and got a Stalinist architecture. Seem quite easy there..
        Can probably buy a ptnn for less than $10 (I am joking)

N.Y and Los Angeles/London is to mutch stress. Rembember; we are lazy.

Comment

Tanelorn. Need to find it ...again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
            I haven't gotten out of my country yet. I'll do it someday, when I have the money.
            Amen to that!

I think I've been to London about 11 times {going again 18/2/2010.}
            It's busy, and at times it can be expensive, but I'd definately recommend a visit because I think it has something for everyone.
            I've been to Edinburgh, and it took me about 2 hours to find a toilet! that place is clean!
            Like Rowan said, everywhere else I've been was places in England on holiday with my family.
            I'd love to try skiing somewhere with lots of snow, but my main travel related dreams are to have my picture taken with Belle at Disneyland {sad, I know} and to take a ride in, what I believe is colloquially known as the Vomit Comit

I should have the money in about 6 years!
            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
              [size=150]I think I've been to London about 11 times {going again 18/2/2010.}
              No way, I'll be London then too! Are you going for anything special or just a day out?

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan

No way, I'll be London then too! Are you going for anything special or just a day out?

Something very special, I'm going to watch a TV show being recorded

Comment

[quote=Glanni's Girl]
                  Originally posted by "Glanni's Girl":d6138

[/quote:d6138]
                  Ooh, that's fancy. I'm just going for a holiday/drawing trip.

Comment

[quote=Rowan]
                    Originally posted by "Glanni's Girl":d8688

Ooh, that's fancy. I'm just going for a holiday/drawing trip.[/quote:d8688]

Wish I could draw!

Comment

I found this photo gallery of my town a while ago, and I thought I might post it here, perhaps some people might want to see how my town and it's suroundings looks like.
                      http://piatra-neamt.info/galerie_foto/

Comment

Originally posted by LazyTownWW
                        I found this photo gallery of my town a while ago, and I thought I might post it here, perhaps some people might want to see how my town and it's suroundings looks like.
                        http://piatra-neamt.info/galerie_foto/
                        wunderbar...I am thinking seriously about emigration...because...

Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by SonicStephanie

Looks fabulous !

Buzz, I didn't know Berlin was (still) a warzone...who's fault is it?

Comment

...who's fault is it?[/size]

...my city will never be as beautiful as before the war, thanks to him...

[img]http://img502.**********.us/img502/4781/1191396573365.gif[/img]

our shopping malls are the best btw...

Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz
                              ...who's fault is it?[/size]

...my city will never be as beautiful as before the war, thanks to them...

our shopping malls are the best btw...

I agree, Buzz...and we used to have those kinds of shope until 1989 too...

Comment

Working...
                              X