This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Youtube.com

Google makes YouTube shittier with every new change. They're making it less customizable with the current channels and almost forcing us to change our username to our real name, just to integrate everything with Google+ (which none of my contacts use so it's pointless). I miss the YouTube from 2009-2010, it was their peak in terms of everything (home page, channels, customization), after that they really went downhill.

Comment

Degrading again

Click image for larger version

Name:	new_yt_design.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	147415
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
        Degrading again
        quite similar to getlazy...accept the new design and features or die ;)...joke apart...you should be happy that they still offer you a channel...sometime the channels will completly vanish I'm afraid
        Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
          quite similar to getlazy...accept the new design and features or die ;)...joke apart...
          When I look at the statistic of both forums , the last 2 months before and 1 month after the switch, I see a similar behaviour. Same amount of posts and use of topics, and we have the same design, only extended it with more topics instead of pushing similar topics and posts in one topic. We've been there and that didn't work, you know that too.

I can't say that with YT, the post amount was very low after the change and still is, and the design is changing all the time which kills the fun. I believe that is Google's goal, killing the fun of their products for the normal user.
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Ok so the new layout is there for everyone.

Now they let you tag a facebook friend in one of the video's:

Name:	yt_tag.png
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	147422

Name:	yt_tag2.png
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	147423

Comment

Ok so the new layout is there for everyone.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...74iGvZY#t=131s

Now they let you tag a facebook friend in one of the video's:
              there is no "buzz" on facebook :cool"
              Gallery

Comment

Name:	funny_picdump_507_640_13.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	147471
                Gallery

Comment

..but doesn't work with IE

Comment

I got user thumbs lately...and I'm not even a partner or sth...someone else?
                    Gallery

Comment

Maybe because you verified your account with a mobile nr.

I don't get the 'partner' functionality because it's so different compared to the old, original partner program. The partner program retired last year and now you only get one or two extra options like monetising an external links when you click on the partner button.

Comment

the not-much-beloved "video response" on YouTube is going to Google heaven, apparently because the click-through rate was a pitiful 0.0004 percent. The team suggested using hashtags instead going forward, but you were probably doing that anyway. Because you never used video responses, ever. None of you.
                        http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/28/y...&ncid=rss_semi

I always use the video response, and it really does help to get more views :(

Comment

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/28/y...&ncid=rss_semi

I always use the video response, and it really does help to get more views :(
                          this reminds me of my "bing bang remix" video...after I posted it as a video response at o³zmin's blockbuster I got a huge increase of views...otherwise it makes only sense when your video-response is still visible...none scrolls throughout the video-response area I guess
                          Gallery

Comment

this reminds me of my "bing bang remix" video...after I posted it as a video response at o³zmin's blockbuster I got a huge increase of views...otherwise it makes only sense when your video-response is still visible...none scrolls throughout the video-response area I guess
                            Yeah that's right, you need to update your responses once in a while otherwise it doesn't have effect because other video's will push you to the extra click-zone and nobody will go there except those 4 in a million people. That is probbaly why they say it's not used very much. I remember they started with five video response icons and brought that back to only two, and in about two weeks it's zero. It's kind of a way youtube is degrading to a lame site.

Comment

welcome to Google + (>_<)...bastards !

"From now on, commenting on YouTube will require connecting a Google+ account."

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/6/50...google-account
                              Gallery

Comment

welcome to Google + (>_<)...bastards !

"From now on, commenting on YouTube will require connecting a Google+ account."

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/6/50...google-account
                                Yeah I was just about to make a screwtube thread when I saw your post. I think they rolled it out tonight. Hash tags and all other sorts of crap. Giving me a headache.
                                Here is something that can be done about it

https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...nal-form#share

From what I understand, they've been banning accounts who even whispers that petition link to anyone.

Think it's time to get serious about using vimeo.
                                http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X