Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your Country

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
    oh...uhm...ahem...forget my statement...she isn't sexy at all...maybe cute..yes that's what I wanted to say
    Hahaha, I lol'd at your video. Don't worry though, this girl is acting way more mature than her age. Her age and the way that she portraits herself, doesn't match at all.

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
    once (in the early 90's) I spend my holidays over there but never noticed lol...didn't have much contact to natives though ;)...are you blue-eyed as well?
    Aww, that's a shame. We Danes have a reputation about being very open towards foreigners. I have no doubt that the two of us could have talked LazyTown over a couple of pints!
    And yeah, as a matter of fact I am indeed blue-eyed aswell! Actually almost the same colour as this Victoria girl.
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
      The way it's pronounced sounds a bit like Magnus :)
      I agree pooky..

Comment

Originally posted by Fox
        Even though this girl is only 13 very young
        Originally posted by Buzz
        oh...uhm...ahem...forget my statement...she isn't sexy at all...maybe cute..yes that's what I wanted to say
        Don't worry Buzz, I fell for the trick as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
          Don't worry Buzz, I fell for the trick as well.
          You are both totally forgiven. It was my fault for posting the most baiting video of her out there. Sometimes I even forget that she is only a child.
          It's almost scary how mature kids are these days..

Comment

To give my international friends a taste of a Americana: In contrast to the endless supply of Christmas songs, Thanksgiving songs are in very short supply. Sure there are a handful of songs that are made to be Thanksgiving songs, and some that are appropriated into the holiday, but for my money, there are really only two Thanksgiving songs that have stuck: The Thanksgiving Song by Adam Sandler and Alice's Restaurant my Arlo Guthrie. If you want to feel like an American for 20 minutes, listen to this between now and Thursday.

Comment

Could you bring some examples?

Comment

Wait... I thought Thanksgiving was only about having a huge feast, and eat a ton of turkey?

We just celebrate St. Martin's Day, where we eat duck. Yummy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                  Wait... I thought Thanksgiving was only about having a huge feast, and eat a ton of turkey?

Do you like a duck?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you like a duck?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you like a duck?

Comment

Originally posted by ParvizHalimov View Post
                    duck?

- - - Updated - - -

duck?

- - - Updated - - -

duck?
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUI8pN5riQE
                    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I think you're supposed to give a NSFW warning if you're linking to Moochelle.

Comment

Holy crap, seeing Sportacus there literally made me jump!

Comment

It's not not about that, that's for sure. A traditional Thanksgiving dinner involves turkey, stuffing, rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, and pie(s) for dessert such as pumpkin, apple, and/or cherry. Some people include corn or other fall-harvest related vegetable plates as well. It's also about spending time with your family. Many people try to have large gatherings for the dinner with some of their extended family members. Though I do not partake in the facet of Thanksgiving, for most people, it's also about football, so maybe this would be a valid Thanksgiving song as well. There's also something about giving thanks or something like that. But thanks to Adam Sandler, Thanksgiving is also briefly about masturbating with baby oil, and thanks to Arlo Guthrie, Thanksgiving is briefly about war protests and getting the hairy eyeball from father rapers.

I don't think that holiday is recognized too much here in the States.

Comment

Alice's Restaurant
                            Killed the mood a bit for me when he said Faggots.
                            I know so many story/songs like that.
                            The one that first sprang to mind was Tobacco. Imagine if you'd never heard of Tobacco, and someone told you they were going to smoke a leaf...

Originally posted by Fox
                            St. Martin's Day, where we eat duck.
                            I read that twice.

for most people, it's also about football, so maybe this would be a valid Thanksgiving song as well.
                            Makes me imagine 2 commentator Guys yelling "Oooh, that's gotta hurt!"
                            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

If you want to feel like an American for 20 minutes, listen to this between now and Thursday.
                              Or if one wants a more modern view of America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbaPpKfg9sE

:)
                              http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

It's not not about that, that's for sure.
                                Well, it just seems as if many Americans just think about the family dinner, and not really about the "thanking" part if it. But I get your point. You eat a lot haha.
                                I have actually just recently watched a movie about some guy trying to make it home for thanksgiving. Makes the point of being together with your loved ones for thanksgiving stand out.

But thanks to Adam Sandler, Thanksgiving is also briefly about masturbating with baby oil..
                                Ehh... I think I'm missing something here?

I don't think that holiday is recognized too much here in the States.
                                Nah, you guys are all about Thanksgiving. It was just to give an example of what our "dinner-day" is. Duck, potatoes, and a ton of gravy. I can already feel the drool coming again

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                                I read that twice.
                                Seems like Parviz read it thrice. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X