X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Country

I love Turkish tangerines Really tasty!

Re: Your Country

This will not be in the same order than yours ;) , I'll just tell it in my order

My country is: Chile (Not that spicy thing!! LOL)

In MY words, Chile is a fine place to live, and I have been here a long long time, and I don't know if I will move.
    Here, we speak Spanish, some people say it's a difficult language and others say it's okay, that depends of each person.

This is located in South America, it's at the end of the world.

The capital is Santiago, but I live in Concepción (it's the second biggest and important place from here though)

I have been in Santiago once, it was beautiful in the past, I went when I was 11 years old in 2005. But now, it's totally different and now not a good place to live.

Featured Advantage:
    I think, our food is very yummy, I like it a lot and that's why I love to be here. Here we have:
    ''Humitas'', that is ground corn with some little basil pieces inside.
    ''Pastel de choclo'', it's also ground corn but it's a bit more ground and it has pieces of chicken and egg white.
    ''Cazuela'', chicken soup but with some vegetables and ''thingys''.
    Those are my featured foods :)

Disadvantage:
    Peruvians, bolivians and argentinians hate Chile (not all!), but I don't really care of it, people who do is people who is just in the past of the wars.

Also our accent, I think it's just WEIRD, someone who didn't know how to talk should have invented it, I don't really use it because I don't wanna have bad manners but sometimes I need to.

Our language, has this special letters/characters

Á á - É é - Í í - Ó ó - Ú ú - ü - Ñ ñ (BE CAREFUL, that's not an ''n'' with a special character, it's ANOTHER LETTER from the alphabet). the ü is used when you say for example ''pingüino'' (penguin), if you don't add that special character, the u won't be pronounced.

That's my country and language presentation, some people will say it's weird and some will like it, I don't know but that's just how I think my nationality is and that's why I like to be here, in my country.

Comment

Unfortunately most people in the world already know enough about English and the United Kingdom so I'm not sure how to make it interesting. However, I look forward to reading about more foreign countries!

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan
        Unfortunately most people in the world already know enough about English and the United Kingdom so I'm not sure how to make it interesting. However, I look forward to reading about more foreign countries!
        Exactly what I was thinking!
        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

So, you don't want write about, or you haven't any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by PolarFox
            I'm more than happy to talk about England:
            *We only get 8 bank holidays a year, one of the lowest, if not the lowest in the world.
            *The radio show, then UK TV show, then US TV show Whose Line Is It Anyway was created by 2 Brits.
            *Jerry Springer was born in England.
            *Englands patron saint is Saint George, who wasnt English! lol.
            *National sport - football/soccer, YAWN!

I'll quit while I'm behind, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PolarFox
              I just don't think it would be as interesting if I could be bothered to write something... I'm not really sure where to begin anyway.

Originally posted by SonicStephanie
              If you American you haven't got a culture so you can't tell because everyone knows lots of migrates to USA...
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of ... ted_States

Comment

PolarFox, tell us about Russia , the ?????? ?????? ????? country ;)

Comment

I am from the United States of Amrrica.
                  Here in Amrrica, we are the best country in the existance of history.
                  We have the best healthcare, the best economy, the best government, the best everything.
                  All other countries are sub-par, and worship us like gods.
                  Out citizens are far superior to the rest of the world because....well...just because we are.
                  We kicked the British's ass in World War II, we kicked Japan's ass in the Korean War, and we are kicking Afghanistan's ass in the War in Iraq.
                  Oh and did I mention that our country is actually the will of Jesus Christ himself?

[youtube]IhnUgAaea4M[/youtube]

P.S. Anyone that says any differently is a terrist.

Comment

Why you needed
                    ?????? ?????? ?????
                    (rare lyrics) ? I don't know about our "rare" songs, maybe you want to say "old"? :)

well you know Turks and Russians (are hate each other)
                    I don't know that, because i don't hate MOST of country, and MOST of people by default (like 95%)...

And, I'll write about my country, a bit later. (I'm lazy right now )

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
                      We kicked the British's ass in World War II
                      3 YEARS LATE!

Also, I'm not a terrorist.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
                        Here in Amrrica, we are the best country in the existance of history...
                        ...America is the best ? WTF !?..
                        ...sarcasm is the little brother of aggression...and seems the big sister of misunderstandings too

[youtube]3bZzM4s0Hgs[/youtube]
                        Gallery

Comment

America is the best ? WTF !?

well we all know imperialist countries' economy if ottoman was Imperialist than you'll see a hard ottoman fist...

but hey it was past...America is a dangerous place to live !!!!

also we can say nearly no good foods... damn my sister and cousin went there everything were in cans !!!

damn and also fruits and vegs. were so expensive a kilo tomato was 6 dolars dammit...

in Turkiye you can buy a kilo tomato with 2 YTL...(Yeni Türk Liras? = New Turkish Liras) (why money names haven't got any meaning ? - were indians Turk ?) and that means in USD 3 Dollars

YEAH, Half of it with more quality...

btw - while i am saying americans haven't got culture...your culture too complex you added everything to your culture all around the world also you were european (english) !!!

i wonder how is Russian culture...i've got a Rus-lover in my classroom...

also a French (sigh...Frenchsss i think their lang. sucks !)

i love USA for 1 thing and it's Potato

in name of ALLAH ! please don't mention Great Christ's name with USA !!

you're gonna get pwned you know...your economy is f**ked..

911 is caused by USA's herself but you gone and caught a Terrorist (heh, Nice Job Thnx !! - I hate'em all **** YOU PKK !!!)

yeah watch Zeitgeist please !!!

and Japan's don't swear in any position !!!

We're brothers with them !!!

We're Altai Bros.

nevermind America is good but not the best !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu_aRhsB ... re=related

have ever seen a beauty like that ? this is "Turkiye"
                          Not seeing the sarcasm?

Comment

Me country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands
                            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Sorry, Sonic, but sometimes I get carried away with hatered ;)
                              I checked out your YT, and saw some of your friends there...tell me, are you a turkish nationalist or something? And are you an atheist or a musulim?
                              Do you belive in this doctrine? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemalism

Comment

Working...
                              X