X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Herma... What the Hell

Originally posted by pooky
    When I get out of here, I swear... someone's gotta pay for this !!
    Ohhhh somebody stop me!

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
      When I get out of here, I swear... someone's gotta pay for this !!

Amm.. time to go

Comment

I just knew you two were part of it. It's one big conspiracy.
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I'm out
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

;)

Comment

I have a friend with a massive hermaphrodite fetish, never really understood it myself. Still though, I would never discriminate and I'm all for the hermaphrodite option on this board. I thought it was quite clever when I saw it actually.

Comment

The hermaphrodite choice in this case, when you subscribe to this forum, is not completely right
                If you speak at chromosomic level you have XXY (which is a male with undeveloped penis and testikels), XO (which is a female with a lack of eggcells) and XXX (which is a female with a small uterus and no eggcells). So you can choose "I'm a male" or "I'm a female".
                Is the chromosomic sexe right compaired with the gonades (that's XX with female reproductive system like uterus and oviduct) but on the outside it's not, you speak of pseudohermaphrodite. The problem here is not the sexchromosomes but a disbalance in the hormones during pregnancy or genetic defect in making the right enzyms. Although the clitoris will not be this big that it's like a penis or something. If you think of that, it's a transvestite, but that is pure a man dressed in womanclothes and tries to have the looks of a woman but does not fit in the category (pseudo)hermaphrodite.

Comment

Just now I was considering the origins of the word "hermaphrodite"

My immediate assumption is that it is a combination of the two Greek mythical characters, Hermes, and Aphrodite.

I started looking up stuff about Hermes, finding nothing obvious in what is the common folklore. I did find that before he was known as the messenger of the gods, he was known as... well basically the god of cocks. The earliest known physical manifestation of him is a "statue" that is basically a block with a head and a penis. So what I'm getting out if this is when you hear "herm" or "herma" think penis. But while at first sounds like a decent lead, it went nowhere.. sort of.

Aphrodite is the goddess of love and sex, but that essentially led me nowhere.

It wasn't until I found out the Greek mythology family tree that I found my answer. Hermaphroditus is the offspring of Hermes and Aphrodite. I guess the writers were lacking creativity that day.. Hermaphroditus is referred to has a "he" but is primarily a woman, just with a penis and testicles and is considered a minor deity of bisexuality and effeminacy. So if you're a hermaphrodite, congratulations you are being directly related to a deity. Then again, this is coming from a guy named Christopher. Come at me bro.

There's your fun fact for the day.

P.S. Too bad SonicStephanie isn't here to see this last piece of trivia, but Hermaphroditus was raised entirely in Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
                    Just now I was considering the origins of the word "hermaphrodite"

My immediate assumption is that it is a combination of the two Greek mythical characters, Hermes, and Aphrodite.

I started looking up stuff about Hermes, finding nothing obvious in what is the common folklore. I did find that before he was known as the messenger of the gods, he was known as... well basically the god of cocks. The earliest known physical manifestation of him is a "statue" that is basically a block with a head and a penis. So what I'm getting out if this is when you hear "herm" or "herma" think penis. But while at first sounds like a decent lead, it went nowhere.. sort of.

Aphrodite is the goddess of love and sex, but that essentially led me nowhere.

It wasn't until I found out the Greek mythology family tree that I found my answer. Hermaphroditus is the offspring of Hermes and Aphrodite. I guess the writers were lacking creativity that day.. Hermaphroditus is referred to has a "he" but is primarily a woman, just with a penis and testicles and is considered a minor deity of bisexuality and effeminacy. So if you're a hermaphrodite, congratulations you are being directly related to a deity. Then again, this is coming from a guy named Christopher. Come at me bro.

There's your fun fact for the day.

P.S. Too bad SonicStephanie isn't here to see this last piece of trivia, but Hermaphroditus was raised entirely in Turkey.
                    I may be offline for a year but that doesn't mean I'm not lurking... I learnt all these stuff and I love hermaphrodites now. Heck, even meet one! She was great.
                    Oh hello btw. An upgraded version of Kayacan is here. I'll be around until that goddamn English Proficiency exam thingy-****ery begins.

Comment

Working...
                    X