This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown International

I think it depends on the available voice actors in each country. For example I know for certain that the one that voiced Sportacus in the Greek dub had done his work in almost every single cartoon/anime/dubbed series that aired here. How is the Robbie dubs in other countries? Are they close enough or irrelevant like ours?

Comment

• LazyTown International

They had a diversity of voice actors, not sure why they choose for that specific voice actor. Almost every kids/teen program is dubbed nowadays and I heard much better acors than the one that did the voice of Steph. Anyway, the other voices were quite good except for Pixel. He was terrible, especially with the songs. But still better than the romania Stingy lol, there isn't a worse voice than that
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• LazyTown International

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
        ...I always wonder why they don't have certain critaria for the voice selection. Not only the station in that country should decide who the voice actor is but LazyTown should have the last decision. It's their product...
        Quite obviously "LazyTown" has no criteria for Stephanie's voice at all. Or how would you explain Chloe?

Comment

• LazyTown International

Originally posted by Lazycus View Post
          Quite obviously "LazyTown" has no criteria for Stephanie's voice at all. Or how would you explain Chloe?
          True. I have not figured out why they decided to choose her but it's definately not because of her voice/singing.
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• LazyTown International

True. I have not figured out why they decided to choose her but it's definately not because of her voice/singing.
            probably just due to the lack of a better one...talents like JR don't spring up like mushrooms
            Gallery

Comment

• LazyTown International

romania Stingy lol
              SO MUCH LOVE for Romanian Stingy, ROFL
              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

• LazyTown International

In the thread of "LazyTown Downloads" (only for register users) I opened two posts:

1. Season 3 in Castilian (for people who talk Spanish or know Spanish, or for people who like to have episodes from differente countries) in High Definition.

2. Season 3 in High Definition (English): The reason is because Boing Spain (we have two channels for the episodes, Boing free channel and Cartoonito pay channel, both property of Turner, but Boing is a part of Mediaset España, Telecinco has a deal with Turner) broadcasts them in English too and I will record them, the channel is not a HD channel but broadcast them in a very good quality (almost HD). I couldn't record 4 episodes (7, 8, 9, 13) and I will record them, and anyways the episodes I had already when they were broadcasted in the second broadcast they had some mistakes, so I will wait for a third broadcast. American or British English? I don't know, I didn't change the language yet.

Comment

• LazyTown International

They finally started airing the new seasons here on Cartoonito
                  ..in SD quality

Comment

• Re: LazyTown International

German...

Click image for larger version

Name:	leidenschaft_passion.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	287.7 KB
ID:	148990

Comment

German...
                      lol...where is that taken from?...we say "Passion" as well btw...and what about "gepassioneerdheid" ?
                      Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                        lol...where is that taken from?...we say "Passion" as well btw...and what about "gepassioneerdheid" ?

He says that on the episode in German dub: leidenschaft

Comment

It is funny to compare the translations of the songs in different countries.
                          For example: The story in "Here we go" is: "The Prince wanted to pass through, the king said: Sorry, no can do. The Princess asked the King to let them stay; and finally the King said: ...Ok"
                          While in Russia they sing (translated): "The Prince said: I wanna go. The king answered: I don't let you leave. Maybe we stay then? The king thought and answered: Well yes".
                          So it is almost the opposite. Or: Many people said that he was greedy; To that he said: "I'm just needy".
                          In Russia they sing for the last part: "To that he said: "Who cares?""
                          I understand, the lyrics must fit the rhythm and the tune and I don't mind all that. It is just funny.

Comment

Originally posted by LT-Fan View Post
                            It is funny to compare the translations of the songs in different countries
                            I think a translation english-russian is really complicated...at least when it comes to rhymes...it's almost the same with english-german...german words are usually longer than the english counterpart...same with russian...and I know what I'm talking about...got 5 years russian lessons in school
                            Gallery

Comment

I know, Buzz, I speak all three languages. Basically adaptations in all languages are difficult, especially if there are wordplays (How can you translate "It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake" to "To sugar a cake is hard").
                              I just find it funny how languages can change the story the song is telling.:)

Comment

How can you translate "It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake" to "To sugar a cake is hard"
                                lol...I think it isn't so difficult to sugar a cake but well...the russian kids don't give a shit about that I guess

I speak all three languages
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	2efni3m.png
Views:	1
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	148991

the only things that remained from my russian lessons are that I can say how old I am and where I live...and yeah I can say "I love you" as well
                                Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X