LazyTown Garðabær studio in Iceland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Garðabær studio.

I have a picture of the outside of the building that I can put up, although it's not any better than the one on the Geymslur website.
    Of course I have pictures of the inside of the building as well, but I don't think I'm allowed to post them on the internet - below is an extract from an email I received from Máni:
    Originally posted by Máni
    Yes, you are allowed to take some pictures but only of sets. Not costumes, puppets, props, costumes etc.
    You would probably have to sign a document – stating that you won´t publish the photos etc. Pretty standard stuff.
    As Burt pointed out, navigation is not my strong suit! :) It didn't really help that I kept turning off at all the exits marked "Garðabær" (I think there were 3: North, South and West, or something like that). In fact to get to the studio you have to drive past ALL the exits for Garðabær and come off at the next one, if you're coming from the Reykjavík direction on road 41 (Reykjanesbraut?). Of course if you're coming straight from Keflavík airport then you have to turn off just BEFORE the signs for Garðabær. If that's not confusing, I don't know what is.

I got to see the staff gym that everyone (mostly Magnús?) works out in. When I walked in I thought it was absolutely enormous, and then realised there were mirrors on all the walls, lol. They've packed lots of shiny equipment in, though.

I think they were using the green screen to film something else, as there was some sort of 4x4 parked in the middle of the studio! I'm assuming that's what it was there for, as there was plenty of room in the car park outside...

Most of the ground floor is taken up by the filming area, costume and make-up departments, puppet storage, that sort of thing. Upstairs is mostly office space: a board room, lots of people sat at computers. Very modern-looking, lots of glass, wooden floors. Fantastic views out over the volcanic countryside, no wonder they have such large windows. Who needs art on the wall when you have that?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz
      Originally posted by beticaforever
      ... how are the people on Iceland :)...

I pray to god that the icelandic ppl are not all so overly positive and hyperactive like our good old Magnùs... ...ppl in these latitudes actually are more prone to depression due to long cold and dark periods...
      Hmm, I see what your saying about the depression thing...I mean, look at Africa or India, the lives most of them have , yet how many of them ever get sad about it? same goes for all warm climates (including the US gettos )...BUT...it must be a subjective thing, I mean I feel best durring the winter, not durring the too warm, too hummide summers I'v been having for about 5 years or more...I also fell in love with LT during winter ...also think of the vikings, or medieval germans, they were VERY sad people indeed ...serious is not the same thing as sad.
      BTW I thought you were atheist ? lol what you praying for jk ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Alan314159
        I have a picture of the outside of the building that I can put up, although it's not any better than the one on the Geymslur website.
        ...I've just click on the photos on this website and I wonder where the studios are exactly located there ?

Of course I have pictures of the inside of the building as well, but I don't think I'm allowed to post them on the internet - below is an extract from an email I received from Máni:
        Originally posted by Máni
        Yes, you are allowed to take some pictures but only of sets. Not costumes, puppets, props, costumes etc.
        You would probably have to sign a document – stating that you won´t publish the photos etc. Pretty standard stuff.
        ....damn....
        Gallery

Comment

Hope you had a good time at LazyTown! :)

Comment

Originally posted by robbiefan
            He did, and he says it was epic :)

PS: your username is awesome ;)

Comment

Awesome that you were able to visit the studio. I'm surprised there are people still working there, I was expecting it to be empty. Was the gym empty when you went in there?

Since you are in contact with Mani, would you happen to know if he knows about the LazyTown US license with Viacom/Nickelodeon? I guess what I'm actually asking is if anyone who is in contact with someone from LazyTown Entertainment to ask their contact about the LazyTown US license and if it expires this year. Also, are there any plans for LazyTown on Blu-ray?

Admittedly, I did not check out the other topics so this could have been answered already.

Comment

... the building itself doesn't have the words LazyTown or Latibær written anywhere on it apart from a tiny little sign by the door, which isn't visible from the road.
                I was also expecting it to be a lot bigger ... so I was surprised at how much they've managed to cram into the one building...
                I have difficulties picturing that.

Comment

-

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                    Awesome that you were able to visit the studio. I'm surprised there are people still working there, I was expecting it to be empty. Was the gym empty when you went in there?

Since you are in contact with Mani, would you happen to know if he knows about the LazyTown US license with Viacom/Nickelodeon? I guess what I'm actually asking is if anyone who is in contact with someone from LazyTown Entertainment to ask their contact about the LazyTown US license and if it expires this year. Also, are there any plans for LazyTown on Blu-ray?

Admittedly, I did not check out the other topics so this could have been answered already.
                    Well, one of my contacts said he didn't know why it wasn't on Blu-Ray yet, because he thought they should, but he's not in charge of marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazycus

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! AWESOME PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!! I used to write Doctor Who reviews for David Tennant's website...

Comment

Questions about US License and Blu-Ray etc are on Magnus´s Interview I sent to the Studio and we will know the answers soon

Comment

Originally posted by Lazycus

A WINNER IS YOU

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                            I'm surprised there are people still working there, I was expecting it to be empty. Was the gym empty when you went in there?
                            They let the studio out for other people to film stuff in, apparently. Also there were a couple of guys working on computers who are apparently from a different company, I don't know exactly what they were doing.
                            I met a couple of women who appeared to be artists of some sort, I suppose they still need people working on cartoon strips and stuff for the magazine etc. even though they're not filming. They also have a couple of people upstairs who are in charge of checking out all the merchandise, they were there too.

And yes, the gym was completely deserted. Bunch of hypocrites... To be fair, I only saw it at about mid-morning so for all I know it could be packed in the evenings.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz
                              ...I've just click on the photos on this website and I wonder where the studios are exactly located there?
                              The studio building is the one with all the yellow windows (I think it's corrugated iron or something similar), rather than the one with all the building work going on.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by xjocundxlilacx
                                Originally posted by robbiefan
                                He did, and he says it was epic :)

PS: your username is awesome ;)
                                Thank you! Robbie for the WIN! Hehe!

Comment

Working...
                                X