LazyTown Garðabær studio in Iceland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown Garðabær studio in Iceland

Recently I was lucky enough to visit the LazyTown studios in Garðabær (thanks to Ana/beticaforever!) during a holiday to Iceland.

Ana's been pestering me to write something on the forum about my trip , so I thought I'd finally get around to doing it. I have no idea what people would find interesting, so feel free to ask questions.

I was supposed to get the grand tour courtesy of Máni Svavarsson, however he was ill on the day so I was shown around by a guy called Gunnar Helgason, who was excellent.

When I arrived, I did briefly wonder if I was in the right place - the studio's on an average-size industrial estate, and the building itself doesn't have the words LazyTown or Latibær written anywhere on it apart from a tiny little sign by the door, which isn't visible from the road.
    I was also expecting it to be a lot bigger, even though I'd seen aerial photos and maps of the area before I went, so I was surprised at how much they've managed to cram into the one building.

Some of the sets were still up, so I got to see the airship, Robbie's lair and the Mayor's house. I also got shown around the make-up and costume departments, Máni's recording studio and some of the more office-like bits.

Re: Garðabær studio.

Sounds like you've been having lots of fun :). Could you perhaps share with us some photos if any?

Comment

Thanks Alan, and tell us more about Iceland and Studio please, and how are the people on Iceland :)

Comment

sounds like a great adventure and also very interesting..thank you...yeah and make many photos
        Gallery

Comment

And videos

Comment

Yo that's crazy son, that would be a dream. And I'm not talking about MLK

Comment

I hope Máni gets better soon :(

Comment

Originally posted by xjocundxlilacx
                I hope Máni gets better soon :(
                He's better.

Comment

Originally posted by sportagirl_10.5
                  He's better.
                  I don't blame him- all these viruses going around- not just in Iceland but everywhere, my mum's got a virus and cold, I've got a sore throat...

Comment

Originally posted by sportagirl_10.5
                    He's better.
                    I always thought that a lot of sportscandys protect against disease...I already guessed that's a lie..*sigh*
                    Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz

I always thought that a lot of sportscandys protect against disease...I already guessed that's a lie..*sigh*
                      Well Sportacus is never sick!

Comment

Originally posted by xjocundxlilacx
                        Well Sportacus is never sick!
                        hm...ok he is not sick in the traditional sense...but he is a workaholic...
                        Gallery

Comment

Thanks for that Alan...glad to hear the maps helped you find the place ;)
                          If you can, please tell more about the studios. And what else did you get up to? (apart from spending 90% of your time getting lost)

Comment

Originally posted by Alan314159
                            and the building itself doesn't have the words LazyTown or Latibær written anywhere on it apart from a tiny little sign by the door, which isn't visible from the road.
                            That's nordic modesty for ya, never expect a scandinavian to brag about something, a small sign by the dorr, for people to orientate is enough, no need to make a big fuss about it.
                            And to answer Ana, that's 2 of the big qualityes of germanic people, practicality and modesty

Comment

Originally posted by beticaforever
                              ... how are the people on Iceland :)...

I pray to god that the icelandic ppl are not all so overly positive and hyperactive like our good old Magnùs... ...ppl in these latitudes actually are more prone to depression due to long cold and dark periods...
                              Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X