Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the history of the name Sportacus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the history of the name Sportacus?

What is the history of the name Sportacus?

I don't know the answer but you can answer jokes or truth or imaginary history of the name.....

Re: What is the history of the name"Sportacus"?

One late night, a boy was writing a boring report about Spartacus for school. As the night went on, he became more tired. He tried his best to stay awake, but he drifted off to dream land. There, he dreamed of a brightly colored city with colorful characters. Suddenly, a blue blur had appeared before him. It turned out to be a man with his back facing the boy. The man said, "Hi! I'm S-". The boy woke up, it was morning. He looked at the end of his report, and noticed something odd. He read aloud, "That was the tale of Sportacus..."

Comment

^Right. It's a sports-oriented play on the name of the famous Roman gladiator, Spartacus. It's supposed to say that he's a great hero who loves to play sports.

Okay, semi-related trivia time. The character's name in the original Icelandic version is Iprotalfurin (or something similar, probably with accents that I can't spell) which means something like 'sports elf', because the character was in fact an elf with strange magic in his early evolution. Thus, the joke in 'Sportacus Who' when Robbie calls him 'the blue elf' and Sportacus gets all offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpaca
        I don't know the answer but you can answer jokes...
        There was a thing in the paper the other day about an ice cream van that was found parked at the side of a road.
        The police were called to investigate, and when they opened the back they found the driver dead on the floor covered in flakes and sprinkles and three flavours of syrup.
        They say he topped himself.

(You may need this link to understand that one.)

And that's the origin of Sportacus' name.

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita
          The character's name in the original Icelandic version is Iprotalfurin (or something similar, probably with accents that I can't spell) which means something like 'sports elf'
          It's Íþróttaálfurinn. I think the prefix íþrótta- means athletic; álfurinn being "the elf".

Comment

actually alf means elf, and urinn means the, so "the sports elf"

Comment

Originally posted by crosis52
              actually alf means elf, and urinn means the, so "the sports elf"
              I was under the impression that the definite article was just -inn rather than -urinn. Nouns ending in -ur are usually masculine, so that decides which form of the definite article to use.

Comment

The Name Of Sportacus In The LazyTown Serie Is "Sportacus Busybody" He Is Son Of Bessy IT'S STEPHER TIME

Comment

That would be so wierd.....cause sportacus is actually steph's father. Should totally have a scene with sportacus dying with a meltdown and Steph tries to help him but can't...then there's a 'Steph, i am your father' scene...

Comment

Originally posted by Incommodo
                    That would be so wierd.....cause sportacus is actually steph's father. Should totally have a scene with sportacus dying with a meltdown and Steph tries to help him but can't...then there's a 'Steph, i am your father' scene...
                    I smell a comedy sketch in the making. Or maybe not cause no one knows much about LT...

Comment

...then there's a 'Steph, i am your father' scene...
                      As far as I remember that's all wrong. In this scene Sportacus instead of dying beats Stephanie to a pulp for being lazy and cuts her hand off with a tennis racket - before telling her that he's her father and inviting her to join the dark side of the sports.

Comment

Originally posted by sportafake
                        The Name Of Sportacus In The LazyTown Serie Is "Sportacus Busybody" He Is Son Of Bessy IT'S STEPHER TIME

Comment

Originally posted by Racoon
                          Originally posted by sportafake
                          It's true.
                          It's damn true.

On the old official LazyTown site, they had bios for all the characters.
                          It said that Sporty's real name was Alex Busybody, and that he was indeed Bessie's son.

However, a lot (like, practically all) of the stuff mentioned in those bios has been dropped from the official canon, so feel free to disregard.
                          Worth a read, though, if you can track them down.
                          Maybe somebody else will find it for you, because I can't be arsed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazycus
                            ...then there's a 'Steph, i am your father' scene...
                            As far as I remember that's all wrong. In this scene Sportacus instead of dying beats Stephanie to a pulp for being lazy and cuts her hand off with a tennis racket - before telling her that he's her father and inviting her to join the dark side of the sports.
                            Haha wow! brilliant!

Comment

Sportacus has his own page on http://www.internationalhero.co.uk where he's listed as Alex Busybody, although as they manage to misspell "Robbie" numerous times on the same page, I'm figuring that the site's owners are not avid LT fans, so I'd take the information with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Working...
                              X