Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character Pairing Discussion (LazyTown ships)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Pairing Discussion (LazyTown ships)

Can someone please explain to me the appeal of Sportacus/Stephanie?

There are the ytmnd guys who make the p jokes, and i assume that's all just in jest. But what i REALLY don't get are the people who try to cook up some sort of romantic notion between the two of them. Of course i don't have any room to complain with all the faggotry that i force upon everyone... but i'm really just curious about this.

They're both the main characters. It's a given that the main male character and the main female character will always be paired, either in canon or fandom. They're cute together, and I can see the appeal if it's an AU when they're both the same age and heroes together or something.

I also like SportaRobbie, it would be the most amazing thing in the universe to see those two overcome all odds and get together. Plus, it's two men. Two hot men. Girls go wild for that stuff.

Personally, I like StephaniePixel the best though. It's just so cute how he worships her in secret and she doesn't notice.

Comment

What about Stingy and Trixie... No one ever brings them up together!!!

stingyandtrixeytf1.gif

But the reason people pair Steph and Sportacus together is because they both like Sports Candy... Yep Sports Candy. See Stephanie is like an Apple... and Apple in Sportacus's eye. Sportacus is like grapes because Stephanie likes to pick him off one by one. I will not go into detail about a Banana

but people I won't mention like to pair Stephanie and Sportacus, because they look up to Sportacus and want to imagines themselves being with Stephanie, Why would someone dream about being with Stephanie? Good question, I think it's because shes nice, sweet, knows what the jazz is all about. Since most women don't like nerds, because they are smart, nice, funny, and some even have lots of money. For some reason most women don't like this. So the guys try to think of Stephanie as a dream Girlfriend.

Now onto Robbie... People don't like Robbie, because he sorta acts like a bully. Bullies pick on nerds, which most of us are nerds. So when a person sees Robbie, there like Please Don't Beat Me Up, Made up character from a children's show, named Robbie Rotten.

I hope this helped LTC

Comment

Yeah, I really don't care for the Sportacus/Stephanie pair. Probably because Sportacus/Robbie has stolen my heart already. I have to agree with what Zokita says though, people love pairing the protagonists. It's like the perfection of manliness with the ideal of girlyness, I guess. But yeah, I'm totally with you on Sportacus/Robbie love. If there's gonna be any pairings in the show, I'd go with those two, Pixel and Stephanie, Trixie and Stingy, and Ziggy has candy on the brain so he's blissfully oblivious.

Comment

Oh yeah, and didn't Trixie kiss Stingy at the end of Lazy Scouts? That's another good pair.

Comment

I don't know, I never did see anything between them. Or hope that there was anything between them.

But here' is an excellent video that would make it seem that are falling in love. LOL it's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Zafa
              What about Stingy and Trixie... No one ever brings them up together!!!

lawl, looks like Stingy is blowing Trixie... which based on their personalities would make more sense than the other way around. she is the masculine to his feminin. XD and zokita is right they did kiss before. so i guess it's true what they say... opposites do attract.

But the reason people pair Steph and Sportacus together is because they both like Sports Candy... Yep Sports Candy. See Stephanie is like an Apple... and Apple in Sportacus's eye. Sportacus is like grapes because Stephanie likes to pick him off one by one. I will not go into detail about a Banana
              :? WORST. EXPLANATION. EVER. LOL.

Originally posted by Zokita
              They're both the main characters. It's a given that the main male character and the main female character will always be paired, either in canon or fandom. They're cute together, and I can see the appeal if it's an AU when they're both the same age and heroes together or something.
              Originally posted by DSK
              Yeah, I really don't care for the Sportacus/Stephanie pair. Probably because Sportacus/Robbie has stolen my heart already. I have to agree with what Zokita says though, people love pairing the protagonists. It's like the perfection of manliness with the ideal of girlyness, I guess.
              now these answers make some sense. yes, it's true they are "perfect" and seemingly would be "perfect" together. but you can be TOO perfect, you know? ...i think it would be so sickeningly sweet that it would be too much to bear. and like i said before Sportacus = happy. Stephanie = happy. Robbie = not happy. an equation needs to be created where he's happy too. that's the only way he would stop acting crazy. and since Stephanie's eight, and Sportacus and Robbie are already ridiculously flamboyant... it seems only natural to me.

but people I won't mention like to pair Stephanie and Sportacus, because they look up to Sportacus and want to imagines themselves being with Stephanie, Why would someone dream about being with Stephanie? Good question, I think it's because shes nice, sweet, knows what the jazz is all about. Since most women don't like nerds, because they are smart, nice, funny, and some even have lots of money. For some reason most women don't like this. So the guys try to think of Stephanie as a dream Girlfriend.
              you should get that checked out... you know with like a shrink. again... no room for me to say anything, because i obviously project all my emotions on to fictional characters too (also-a-certain-married-talk-show-host-that-doesn't-even-know-i-exist). but i know from experience that this is not a normal healthy way to live. Sportacus would agree.

and how do you know Steph like "nerds"? that's just what you want her to be. (which is fine since she's not real anyways. XD) but yeah, Sportacus isn't a nerd (a little dorky perhaps)... so it would make a lot more sense for you to pretend to be Pixel. besides i think there is more of a potential relationship between Stephanie and Pixel, than Sportacus and Steph... but that's just my opinion.

OFF TOPIC: and just to set you straight here... "Since most women don't like nerds" i don't know where you get your facts from, but you're "WRONG!" you can't speak for most women, since you're not one. lol. the ONLY things i would want out of a guy at all are someone who is smart, and funny, and nice (i would say everything you said... but i don't really care for, or even like money). but men who fit that description are reallllly hard to come by. if you're like this then there is no reason you couldn't get a REAL girlfriend... the problem is that you probably want someone who looks like Julianna. and more often than not women who appreciate the nerds just aren't gonna look perfect like that... they'll probably look more like... me. lmao. so yeah, i guess it's understandable why you would prefer to live in LazyTown land. lol.

Now onto Robbie... People don't like Robbie, because he sorta acts like a bully. Bullies pick on nerds, which most of us are nerds. So when a person sees Robbie, there like Please Don't Beat Me Up, Made up character from a children's show, named Robbie Rotten.
              Robbie is not a bully! and i will fight this one to the death! lol. he's just "misunderstood"! and usually he gets the cold shoulder more than he gives it. i see him as being the most complex and deep character from the show. more often than not (and this is true of people in real life too) people who act mean all the time are actually hurting inside and don't want to show it. yes, there are people who are mean just because the derive pleasure from other people's pain... but this in not the case with Robbie. he's never beaten anyone up. infact i don't think he could do that even if he wanted to (he's far to weak and malnourished). the closest he's ever come to violence is dueling with Sportacus with something silly like using balloon swords, or when one of his crazy inventions or plans go awry.

but to get back to the hurting inside thing... it really seems like he harbors feelings for Sportacus. not just because of the various awkward kind of momments that i'll use to make ytmnds... but because there would have to be more drive behind him than just making "LazyTown lazy again" to push him to the extremes that he goes through in every episode. srsly... how was running around in women's clothes supposed to accomplish anything? as pixel would say: this does not compute. lmao.

jesus, i just re-read all this. and with my insight into the human mind i probably should be looking into psychology as a career option, instead of wasting my time trying to seek out the "depths" of a FICTIONAL person. lawl lawl lawl! i'm insane. but even though i'm obviously crazy in the head... i should also blame Stefan Karl's amazing comedic and dramatic acting... it's probably too much for a children's show. the intent of LazyTown is to just send simple but good messages to it's young viewers. but because he's so wonderful at acting, it confuses me and causes me to think there's more to his character than there really is. (and i end up drawing horrible fan-art, etc.) he's funny and adorable and he makes you love him. and then when his plans fail you feel bad for him, and you're not supposed to because he's the "bad guy".

in all honesty though, i don't think i would even watch it if he wasn't there. i love all the elements of the show and how well it mixes together, but it would be nothing if he wasn't there. i don't care how pretty Juliana is, or how handsome Magnus is, or how cool the effects or the music or the puppetry are... Robbie's character is essential to the plot. and in my opinion he's the best part of the show... they could not do it without him.

Comment

Sorry, I was just joking for the most part, I wasn't talking about all women. Robbie isn't a bully, I know this, we all know this, I'm sorry if I offended

:( I don't feel loved anymore

Comment

*standing ovation for loveTHYconan* ^___^<3<3<3

Comment

Sorry, I was just joking for the most part, I wasn't talking about all women. Robbie isn't a bully, I know this, we all know this, I'm sorry if I offended

lawl, don't sweat it babe. i was mostly laughing when i wrote it. i'm not mad in the slightest. (it's sometimes hard to tell over the internet i know). but srsly you should give real girls a shot... who knows? there could be a nerdy girl at your school that could share in the LazyTown love.

Comment

I don't want to turn this into a whiny emofest, but my experience is that nice guys do finish last and bastards get the prizes.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveTHYconan

lawl, don't sweat it babe. i was mostly laughing when i wrote it. i'm not mad in the slightest. (it's sometimes hard to tell over the internet i know). but srsly you should give real girls a shot... who knows? there could be a nerdy girl at your school that could share in the LazyTown love.
                        You know that I love cake, I've been talking to more and more ;) women that is

You told me to have more confidence, and it helped a lot

Comment

If only we all didn't live so far apart...

I know a lot of people here live in Canada, there's a few in the UK, and I live near two or other three people in the mid-atlantic region of the USA. It'd be awesome if we could have a group convention.

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo
                            I don't want to turn this into a whiny emofest, but my experience is that nice guys do finish last and bastards get the prizes.
                            that's definitely not how it works on LazyTown... unless you consider Robbie the nice guy... which actually, i guess i do.
                            so maybe your theory is correct. XD

Comment

Well no, in happy TV land good people win and bad people lose. That's why it's called fiction.

Comment

Working...
                              X