Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latibaer puppets Wit puppets by Gudmundur Thor Karason

The Wit Puppets

I've been thinking about the Latibaer puppets this morning, the ones that 'Wit puppets' (Gudmundur Thor Karason's company) made that were based on the Latibaer plays and included Sportacus, Stephanie and Robbie as puppets.

http://www.gthor.com/images/indexmynd_05.gif

https://archive.lazytown.eu/gthor/im...dexmynd_05.gif

Click image for larger version  Name:	indexmynd_05.gif Views:	27 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	182614

I've seen a video of Gudmunder and Magnus doing a TV interview with the Sportacus puppet, but does anyone know if they used these puppets anywhere in a 'puppet only' version ? From the Wit website it looks like they never did, but I thought it might be a question worth asking...
    http://www.gthor.com/home.html

https://archive.lazytown.eu/gthor/home.html

Re: The Wit Puppets

i was wondering why thers a bloody chickin in there..but then i remembered talking rooster guy...also white pixel....also im sorry i have no idea relating to your question lol..../no point

Comment

Good question. I remember Magnus talking about doing a full puppet show before, but he decided not to do it because he wanted emphasize moving around. Now that I think about it, maybe I read that wrong and that he really did do a full puppet show before doing the live action plays. Very interesting.

Comment

Hmm... I seem to remember seeing a promo (similar to the Shelby Young one) shot with the puppets.
        You can see some of it in the vids on their site, but I'm pretty sure there's a longer, more... coherent version out there somewhere.
        But if it does exist, I didn't save it. :(

Anyway, some of those kid puppets look really old to me.
        Stingy looks like he should be in Jeeves and Wooster, and Goggi looks like Robert Llewellyn (well, like he did 15 years ago, at least).

Also, I'd forgotten how great that drunk puppet is. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
          Hmm... I seem to remember seeing a promo (similar to the Shelby Young one) shot with the puppets.
          You can see some of it in the vids on their site, but I'm pretty sure there's a longer, more... coherent version out there somewhere.
          But if it does exist, I didn't save it. :(

Anyway, some of those kid puppets look really old to me.
          Stingy looks like he should be in Jeeves and Wooster, and Goggi looks like Robert Llewellyn (well, like he did 15 years ago, at least).

Also, I'd forgotten how great that drunk puppet is. :)
          I think the drunk puppet's me... before I've even reached the alcohol... seriously these water and apples has a weird effect on me...maybe Sportacus will agree I'm safer with sugar...

Comment

Originally posted by Ponycat
            I've been thinking about the Latibaer puppets this morning, the ones that 'Wit puppets' (Gudmundur Thor Karason's company) made that were based on the Latibaer plays and included Sportacus, Stephanie and Robbie as puppets.

-img-

I've seen a video of Gudmunder and Magnus doing a TV interview with the Sportacus puppet, but does anyone know if they used these puppets anywhere in a 'puppet only' version ? From the Wit website it looks like they never did, but I thought it might be a question worth asking...

For anyone that says that the current Lazy Town puppets are weird looking, show em the picture up above.

I'm so glad Sportacus, Stephanie, and Robbie got replaced with live actors *phew*

Comment

My god, a couple of those "kids" look to be in their 40 or 50's!

Comment

lmao thats exactly what I was thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by Ponycat

-img-

OMG. They look horrible. Escecially Ziggy. Gosh he is so fat LoL!! And Stingy has a tanned face <.<?? Trixie is just oh I dunno and whats upwith Stephanie she look so wierd and whats that chicken there for?

Comment

Robbie looks like a druggie (assuming that is Robbie? )

Comment

Originally posted by Vyser
                      Robbie looks like a druggie (assuming that is Robbie? )
                      If your talking about this guy,

-img-

It's not Robbie according the website it's some guy named Jives and it says that he's a teenager with problems.

Comment

Originally posted by master131

OMG. They look horrible. Escecially Ziggy. Gosh he is so fat LoL!! And Stingy has a tanned face <.<?? Trixie is just oh I dunno and whats upwith Stephanie she look so wierd and whats that chicken there for?
                        The chicken was dinner, eaten right after they posed for the picture.

And omg yes! Ziggy doesn't even look like a boy. It looks like a 40-50 year old midget pretending to be one of the kids. The other ones aren't far behind, like Stingy.

Comment

Originally posted by master131

If your talking about this guy,

-img-

It's not Robbie according the website it's some guy named Jives and it says that he's a teenager with problems.
                          That's Maggi from the original plays who was like Siggi in the fact that he ate lots of chips... or something like that, that made him very weak, so the Sports Elf had to teach him what foods to eat to get his strength back. Legend has it, Maggi couldn't stand up with falling over...

He was going to be in the TV series called Jives... but he got cute... shame... he was so cute...

Comment

Ah, this is all quite interesting stuff! I wonder if any of these characters will make it into season 3 :)

Comment

Yeah - Jeeves and the policeman were cut. Jeeves seemed to spend most of his time farting in the stage play...Robbie was in his 'Pimp' outfit...

From what I can gather these puppets appeared after the second (Glanni Glaepur) play and before the TV series. I'd love to see them in action. I think the whole history of how Lazytown has evolved would make a very interesting book, all the different media and formats, styles and refining the stories.....

Comment

Working...
                              X