Trixie is supposed to be Asian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trixie is supposed to be Asian

Hey, I was wondering if Trixie is supposed to be Asian. Her eyes are a lot more almond shaped than the other puppet characters. Or are they trying to make her look like Bjork ? Do you guys think she looks Asian ?

(And I apologize to Asian Stephanie in advance, nobody is as fantastic as she..)

I have always called her azn female yoda if that means anything to you.

Comment

I don't know, could be. All of their faces look kinda wierd so its hard to pick out racial characteristics (well, except for pixel ;))

Comment

Yeah he is a French Fry Person from McD world.

Comment

I'd guess she probably is supposed to be Asian. I notice a lot of children shows (in America at least, I don't know how it is in other countries) aim to have an ethnically diverse cast.

...I totally see the azn female yoda-ness though. XD;;

Comment

I guess I missed the episode in which she lifts an X-wing from a swamp.

Comment

Ziggy is the only kid puppet who doesn't look AZN. Even Pixel looks BLAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by PEOPLE

...I totally see the azn female yoda-ness though. XD

I guess I missed the episode in which she lifts an X-wing from a swamp.
                I know right.

Well i said she looked like yoda not she acts like yoda and does things from the star wars movies lol.

Comment

Re: Asian Trixie ?

Originally posted by Ponycat
                  Hey, I was wondering if Trixie is supposed to be Asian. Her eyes are a lot more almond shaped than the other puppet characters. Or are they trying to make her look like Bjork ? Do you guys think she looks Asian ?
                  More or less. She's a puppet, so the only way her features could be definite of themselves is if the racial features were exaggerated to the point of caricature.
                  However, I do think it's significant that the only characters to change colouring between Glanni Glaepur i Latabae and Lazytown were Halla/Trixie and Goggi/Pixel, and Pixel's the black kid now (though his hair would have had to change colour anyway).

Halla was red-headed and freckled, while Trixie is brunette, almond-eyed and appears a little darker than most of the puppets.

Comment

Well, I always thought she was an Asian.
                    sigpic

Comment

This reminds me of an article Skootch posted in IRC a long time ago. From my logs:

http://www.bin-norden.net/2.konference_ ... stjans.pdf

"Kind of a strange analysis of the phenomenon that is LazyTown from an Icelander's perspective"

I always thought Trixie was Asian too. Then again, some Russian folks look Asian.

Comment

You're not allowed to write a critique or essay of that nature without dragging sexual issues into it.

Glad others think Trixie is Asiatic though :-)

Comment

Indeed, she is Asian. I thought that since I saw it from day one.

About her specific ethnicity... I propose she looks more Korean (agreeing with Xizer) or Chinese, than Japanese. Probably born in Shanghai or Kwangju.

Either that or I assume she is a North Korean spy sent to LazyTown to spy on the amazing technology of Sportacus and Robbie.

Comment

Originally posted by Numerius Plancus
                            Indeed, she is Asian. I thought that since I saw it from day one.

About her specific ethnicity... I propose she looks more Korean (agreeing with Xizer) or Chinese, than Japanese. Probably born in Shanghai or Kwangju.

Either that or I assume she is a North Korean spy sent to LazyTown to spy on the amazing technology of Sportacus and Robbie.
                            Trixie's an awfully Western given name. I think she was probably born in either Lazytown or the nearest town with a hospital with a maternity ward.

Comment

Its a pun. She's a prankster, so she plays tricks on people.

Comment

Working...
                              X