LazyTown is not getting the recognition it deserves in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Numerius Plancus
    In my case, Trixie still creeps me out... maybe that's why I don't like her much (does anyone like her?)
    No, I prefered her as Halla from the second play.

Comment

I actually kinda like Trixie. I think her tendency to play pranks is cute and I think a few good plotlines could come from that, but the problem is that the writers don't take advantage of that. She's frequently absent from episodes, the only time I remember her playing a somewhat important role is in Lazy Scouts. She also sang two duets with Stephanie (well, one with Asian Stephanie), but she really wasn't in those episodes much. Maybe she's in the UK-exclusive new episodes more, I don't know, but she's seriously underused.

Comment

She is way underused. Like, 'Haunted Castle' was about disobedience, but it was an ensemble ep, not a Trixie ep, even though disobedience is supposed to be her flaw. It was like doing an ep about not sharing that wasn't focused on Stingy. She's in the fewest episodes, and I don't recall a single Trixie-focused episode, even though she's the same age and gender as Steph, and so by the usual social order of kids should be the one she plays with most.

Originally posted by Numerius Plancus
        In my case, Trixie still creeps me out... maybe that's why I don't like her much (does anyone like her?)
        Other than Ziggy I don't have any special favourites among the puppet characters, but my 5-year-old sister loves her. Like, more than Stephanie. When I bought her a cheap pink bob wig and a sparkly purple headband for her birthday, she was disappointed that it was a 'Stephanie wig', she wanted me to take it back and get her a 'Trixie wig' (she's got blonde, super-curly hair, so her hair is as much unlike Trixie's as Steph's).

Comment

It's gotta be rigged. Sesame Street is a pretty decent program, so I can see adults contending it's a better show generally (especially since Lazytown isn't so anvilly about it's educational content), but better music than Lazytown? No effin' way. It's barely tolerable most of it, certainly no way near approaching the utter awesomeness of Lazytown's music.

Comment

How did Sesame Street beat LazyTown? It's just a man in big yellow costume

Comment

They should have an extreme music-composing competition. I bet Mani Svavarsson could beat any of those other guys with his hands tied behind his back!

At least LT is recognized in other areas of the world, the USA just fails at that.

Comment

oh my goodness....

ok. sesame street...yes, i watched it as a kid and yes it's popular, BUT, as a journalism graduate, i find their grammar a bit ...well, sad.

"elmo want to play with loiussssssse...."

he speaks about himself in the third person.

"cookie love to eat cookies. Me think they are yummy!"

ME think they are yummy? ....nice.
                AND speaks of himself in the third person.

these things drive me NUTS.

but hey, the puppets are furry and adorable (i love grover, dammit), so it draws in kids.

but whatever......

Comment

Wow, this is such horse$%!*. Sesame Street was a great show when I was a kid, but it's been utter crap since Jim Henson died, and that was a long time ago. LazyTown is probably the best children's show I've seen in over 10 years. Granted I haven't watched too many in the last 10 years, but still... :o)

Comment

I don't think you can really compare LazyTown to the Muppet Show.

LT is very much a kids show, whereas the Muppets was more adult-oriented. ()
                    I think it even originally aired in prime time, didn't it?

Comment

Yeah right Muppet Babies is where it's at

Comment

Working...
                      X