LazyTown is not getting the recognition it deserves in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown is not getting the recognition it deserves in the USA

You see, Lazytown isn't that popular in America because people in America loves shows that are unoriginal.

And it reminds that that they're fat and their children will also be fat cause they're too lazy to walk 100 meters to the bus stop.

Comment

I've said that so many times. America loves things that are unoriginal. Everytime I see something "new" its like a major event in my life.

Comment

people in america love shows that are made IN AMERICA. thats pretty much what it boils down to.

Comment

Not a lot of love for the USA itt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosheddy
            people in america love shows that are made IN AMERICA. thats pretty much what it boils down to.
            What about survivor? Do people still watch that crappy show?

Comment

Also, sometimes Americans do like foreign shows and movies, and they'll whip up a US version, which then proceeds to fail horribly.

*coughreddwarfcough*

Comment

Hey, I'm an American. I love LazyTown.

*knock at door*

Who is it?

"CIA. We're here to requisition your house for the purpose of fighting the war on terror. You are to be taken to Mexico."

Not Iceland?

"No. Mexico."

Ah, sheet. I gotta hide out somewhere.

Edit: Wasn't Survivor made by an Australian dude?

Comment

there is a good chance of them winning but if they dont there is new pictures to look forward to lol

Comment

There's probably also powerful lobbyists keeping lazytown out of america. I would imagine there's more money in selling junk food and treating unhealthy people than there is putting adverts on a TV channel.

Maybe if we get someone to dub it into japanese, and then we add english subtitles it will become more popular?

Comment

That's a pretty good point^.

Comment

Maybe they'll do a remake that is the exact opposite, to teach children to sit on the couch, watch TV, eat lots of sugar and not move at all. It'll be the most popular show ever in the US.

Comment

I admit that I'd watch a show like that for kicks... if Robbie was the host. ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed in the hopes that LT will get the recognition it deserves!

Comment

Even though the odds are stacked against them, Lazytown really deserves to win.

Lazytown is probably the most high quality and original childrens show on the air right now. The only reason it seems to be failing in the united states is because nick doesn't market it right. If they can make tons of money marketing "Dora" chocolate, thats where they're gonna do. Other shows that are actually entertaining and original will fade into the backgroup when put up against the big money making shows.

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo
                              Maybe they'll do a remake that is the exact opposite, to teach children to sit on the couch, watch TV, eat lots of sugar and not move at all. It'll be the most popular show ever in the US.
                              This actually seems likely to me.

It's the title that could possibly be slightly confusing, so they'll change it. It happens all the time, some exec somewhere along the line has no faith in the public and decides to "protect" them from possibly being slightly confused.

i.e. -> Harry Potter and the Philosipher's Stone
                              Why's it called that? It's nothing to do with philosophy. It's about wizards! Let's change it to Sorceror's Stone. That makes more sense!

It happens in England, too.

i.e. -> Batman Beyond
                              Beyond what? That makes no sense grammatically. Let's change it to Batman of the Future! That's in no way the lamest title for anything ever, right?

Sorry, I went off on a bit of a tangent there.
                              My point is that they'll see the name LazyTown and decide it has to be about people being lazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X