Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance

Friends, tonight have the privilege of performing in the famed Sydney Opera House, which I'm sure you've all heard of.

Basically it is a compilation of classical stuff, all the high and hard stuff like Beethoven, Elgar, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev,etc - which is pretty (very) difficult and such.

Second, this is a school concert. And the hosting school (not my school, another one) is some rich girl's school and has a reputation for basically having the cash to get all the best performers in their orchestra and maintain a hell of a music program.
    So how do I fit into this? Basically my own school has its own reputation of sorts and we're just imported singers to sing in the last two works - which pretty much need men to sing them.
    Singing isn't my forte really (pun not intended lol) when it comes to music, but it's a start.

Also there's going to be a DVD made of this, so I might post some pics and screencaps later or something. And I'll give some more details when it's over.

So, cool huh? :)

Wow, that is cool.

Comment

Very cool dude. Break a leg.

Comment

And I was impressed when I got to go there.
        Break a leg. (or is that only drama? I forget)

Comment

wow, that rocks. What will you be singing?

Comment

I forgot to ask you guys to wish me luck, but no matter, turns out I didn't need it anyway - the night went very well.

Originally posted by moomoo
            wow, that rocks. What will you be singing?
            Stuff from Prokofiev's Alexander Nevsky, it was made for some old movie. To give you an idea, the first one was Arise, ye Russian People - ie Russian patriotism. Also a song by Taverner which was famously performed at Princess Diana's funeral.

Also

Girl to Boy Ratio
            40:1

And I'm glad I didn't break a leg because I had to walk for the next hour to get home. (confound those darn buses)

Comment

Thats so cool!

And the girl to guy ratio is someting i'm completely used to. In our major production last year, there were 70 people in the cast.

4 of them were guys.

Comment

Damn, IT was the wrong career direction.

Comment

Vespasian, wishing someone good luck is bad luck. Instead, say break a leg.

Also, good job on the performance.

Comment

That is awesome, and such an honour! I'd like to hear more of this performance, I'm sure you all performed wonderfully.

Comment

This reminds me of when a teacher once commented on an essay saying what is IT, don't you mean "it"? I think they were an IT teacher too, must have been a bad day for them.

Comment

thats uber badass

Comment

Originally posted by calc
                          This reminds me of when a teacher once commented on an essay saying what is IT, don't you mean "it"? I think they were an IT teacher too, must have been a bad day for them.
                          Yeah, it'a stupid acronym. My school loves it though, they make all these horrible pun slogans like 'good at IT' or 'loving IT'. Brrrrrr.

Comment

Yeah, it'a stupid acronym. My school loves it though, they make all these horrible pun slogans like 'good at IT' or 'loving IT'. Brrrrrr.
                            Heh, my school steered past that and simply named the subject Information and Software Technology.

The whole performance thing has really been great, brilliant experience.

Also, Samada, not to be nasty or anything, but you got my name wrong. ;)

Comment

I just changed it, sorry. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X