Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXTRA! EXTRA! - Stefan Karl Goes Grinch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXTRA! EXTRA! - Stefan Karl Goes Grinch!

But as I posted on LJ:

But, I thought you'd like to know now than later, and Steinunn says this shouldn't be told dramatically and it isn't gossip anymore as her husband said it in an interview with an Icelandic paper today. Yes he's officially quit. But people move on, we move on, why can't actors, just because we don't want them to? He'll be starring as the Grinch on Broadway, and rehearsals start in October.

http://www.visir.is/article/20080914/LIFID01/787675983 if you don't believe me.

I didn't want anyone trying to make a real big fuss out of it, since the fuss we had last time.

I wish Stefan good luck in whatever he wants to do.

--article interview--

These have been some of the most enjoyable years of my life and the experience has been invaluable. As an actor and artist, however, I found plenty of candy and prank bars and believe it is appropriate to let others in, ”says Stefán Karl Stefánsson, an actor who has officially resigned in Latabær. Stefán Karl has, as you know, played the role of Robbie Rotten in the popular TV shows. He says this was a difficult decision to make. "Yes, I say goodbye to the LazyTown family."

As Fréttablaðið recently announced, Stefán Karl and Steinunn Ólína Þorsteinsdóttir, his wife, have now received the green card, which entitles them to full-time employment in the United States. They have lived there for the past four years and now they have settled in San Diego. The next project that Stefán Karl intends to focus on is the musical When Troll Stole Christmas (How the Grinch Stole Christmas). The musical is the brainchild of Tony Award-winner Jacks O'Brien and has been shown on Broadway for the past two years.

"The producers decided to renew the cast and asked me to take on the role of Trolli himself. So I took it with great joy, ”says Stefán Karl. He says the musical is entirely based on the story known as Dr. Seuss wrote and illustrated.

Stefán Karl first steps on the stage as Tröll in November. Then the musical will be shown at The Hippodrome Theater in Baltimore. In December, it will be shown at The Wang Theater in Boston. Stefán Karl then gets to try out on Broadway in New York next fall. Stefán Karl cannot hide because he is excited for this new role: "This is a great treat for me as an actor, not every day that a foreigner is hired to play in a classic American work set on Broadway."

Re: Now don't make a big fuss

Originally posted by sportagirl_10.5
    But as I posted on LJ:

But, I thought you'd like to know now than later, and Steinunn says this shouldn't be told dramatically and it isn't gossip anymore as her husband said it in an interview with an Icelandic paper today. Yes he's officially quit. But people move on, we move on, why can't actors, just because we don't want them to? He'll be starring as the Grinch on Broadway, and rehearsals start in October.

http://www.visir.is/article/20080914/LIFID01/787675983 if you don't believe me.

I didn't want anyone trying to make a real big fuss out of it, since the fuss we had last time.

I wish Stefan good luck in whatever he wants to do.
    Well that is a shot heard around the LazyTown World

Comment

I wish Stefan the best as he pursues his acting career. Theres no doubt in my mind he will knock em' dead on broadway.
      He is truly a great actor and comedian. Best wishes to him and his family. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by angelbaby21
        I wish Stefan the best as he pursues his acting career. Theres no doubt in my mind he will knock em' dead on broadway.
        He is truly a great actor and comedian. Best wishes to him and his family. ;)

Not much else to say... other than.

GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOetc.

Is he in the little shorts or whatever that are gonna be showing in the BBC soon?

And ugh... I don't really know what else to say. :[

Comment

Yeah I'll miss him on L azytown too, he really put his heart and soul into Robbies character. He ia great actor and comedian.

Comment

"He'll be starring as the Grinch on Broadway"

Well I can see him in that very easily assuming I can get tickets. :)

lolwut! EDITED for goodness sake.
            http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

TL;DR...

i read about this on lt livejoural earlier... spent like forever trying to half ass translate that article because i didn't want to believe it. :[

i'm kind of sad but it's hard to let myself feel bad about this a second time. i'm trying to look on bright side about it. and i still have hope that he'll play Robbie at some point in the future... like in a LazyTown movie or something similar hopefully.

someone who works for LazyTown said he was "making much ado about nothing". i hope this is true! maybe perhaps it is just for publicity for his career? and maybe it's to help generate interest from the US fans to go see him in the grinch play? (i know i would like to.) if he didn't do something like this would the news have traveled this fast that he's going to be in it?

but yeah, they're not even filming anything right now to my knowledge... the only thing they would maybe be filming (while he's working on other things) is more of Lazytown Extra. and how much of him is in that anyways? according to the synopses, he's only in every OTHER episode! (but maybe he's in all of them and it's just not mentioned.) how does Robbie Rotten fit into a 14 minute show that's supposed to show kids how to be healthy and active anyways? to be honest, he kinda doesn't. maybe that's why they have him walking on his hands and doing crazy out of character shit... cause there is not enough time for monologues about laziness, and evil schemes, and disguises in this new format... and isn't that the Robbie that we all love?

but yeah, if this is serious business and he's leaving FOR-EVER and he never goes back to playing Robbie... then LazyTown (as we know it) is over. it's just over. sure there might be new reimaginations of it (i'm sure Magnus is not willing to let it go just because Stefan and Julianna seem to want to move on). and i'd probably still watch anything LazyTown related (even if it was just puppets, even if it was a crappy cartoon, etc.)

but if they find a replacement actor to fill the role of Robbie it would be hard to watch honestly (no matter how good they were) because NO ONE could ever play Robbie as awesomely as he has! i don't know about anyone else... but he is totally what made me say "WTF?" and sit down to watch it the first time; and he's also why i decided that i wanted to watch it again the next day. LazyTown would never be the same or as good without him! i know Magnus and everyone at LTE must know that... and i hope that Stefan does too.

that said... it's kinda lame how some people want to an hero over it. or how some people act like Stefan is a bad guy or something. i don't know why anyone would be SHOCKED. he's been playing Robbie for nearly 10 years now! OF COURSE he wants to move on and do new things! it would be weird if he didn't. wouldn't it be amazing if he became a big broadway star? or was in a lot of english speaking movies? i would love that! of course the odds are against him, because the media does not admire actual talent that much these days. but i still hope it works out for him... it would be awesome!

Comment

Yeah, I read the much ado about nothing comment on the LJ.

It made me feel a little better.

Still, we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by ForGreatJustin
                  Is he in the little shorts or whatever that are gonna be showing in the BBC soon?
                  Ha! The first time I read that, I got the unwelcome mental image of Stefán Karl wearing some small shorts... so much for skim-reading! :oops:

Comment

Originally posted by sportagirl_10.5
                    He'll be starring as the Grinch on Broadway
                    who didn't see that coming?

Comment

People, people, people.

You're missing the main issue here...

How does this affect ME?

/satire

Comment

Oh my gosh!!! Stefan quit??

Well, recieving that huge role on Broadway, I understand...as much as how sad it is. I wish him the best of luck, though...and maybe he can return to LT when the run is over! :)

Comment

Hah! No, it's not important.
                          I'll stay in the past, here everything's familiar and save. Forever!

[img]http://img67.**********.us/img67/9483/wildbeastontheloosejq0.jpg[/img]

(Sing) It's good to be bad. It's great to be a crook. It's nice to be a villain... heh... hehe... hehehe!

Comment

That's sad, but best of luck to him for his future.
                            I'm not going to say he's a really bad guy for it, I totally understand, as LTC said, he's been playing Robbie for almost 10 years.

Comment

Stefan your montage is next :) I'll post it in the lazytown montages forum when I finish it.

Comment

Working...
                              X