Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is how you can tell I live alone

Originally posted by Fox View Post
    the fear of the awkward scenario if I had a girl over, I'm afraid I could not have pictures of huge Steph's on my wall lol..
    hehe..."wtf is this Fox...what's wrong with you?...get a life you perv!...bye"...that's what I call a worst case scenario ;)
    Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
      hehe..."wtf is this Fox...what's wrong with you?...get a life you perv!...bye"...that's what I call a worst case scenario ;)
      Yeah, that's the exact reason I keep all my LT stuff on a separate HDD, and the CD's in my car well hidden away.

Anyway, what if it actually didn't go that way? Imagine if she was like "Oh em gee! I love that show! Let's listen to the music and chill!"
      That would be the dream scenario, though I'm almost certain it's not actually gonna happen irl. I'm pretty sure there's not a lot of Pooky's out there to be honest..
      I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Yeah, that's the exact reason I keep all my LT stuff on a separate HDD, and the CD's in my car well hidden away.

Anyway, what if it actually didn't go that way? Imagine if she was like "Oh em gee! I love that show! Let's listen to the music and chill!"
        That would be the dream scenario, though I'm almost certain it's not actually gonna happen irl. I'm pretty sure there's not a lot of Pooky's out there to be honest..
        Just a few months before my trip to Iceland, I was talking to a girl and my trip came up in conversation. When I explained why I was going, she thought it was weird and it made her uncomfortable. I stopped talking to her after that. About six months later, all of which while I was not speaking with her, she reached out to me and began demanding that I was a pedophile and that she was going to make sure to slander my name all over the internet so that any reputation that I had would be ruined. So, no, I don't think that the ladies like that kind of stuff, but don't let that deter you from being outspoken about LazyTown ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
          Just a few months before my trip to Iceland, I was talking to a girl and my trip came up in conversation. When I explained why I was going, she thought it was weird and it made her uncomfortable. I stopped talking to her after that. About six months later, all of which while I was not speaking with her, she reached out to me and began demanding that I was a pedophile and that she was going to make sure to slander my name all over the internet so that any reputation that I had would be ruined. So, no, I don't think that the ladies like that kind of stuff, but don't let that deter you from being outspoken about LazyTown ;)
          That's strange story. But I didn't understand this: "Why that girl thought you are pedophile"?

Comment

.. and began demanding that I was a pedophile and that she was going to make sure to slander my name all over the internet so that any reputation that I had would be ruined.
            Holy shit... This is the exact reason I do not let my friends know I enjoy the show. Even though I'm only interested in the music (for the most), ordinary people cannot make out the difference from that, and from watching the show every night with your penus in your hand.. It's really sad, but watching any show that's made for kids is a taboo these days. Unless it's something mainstream like Adventure Time and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by ParvizHalimov View Post
              That's strange story. But I didn't understand this: "Why that girl thought you are pedophile"?
              She's mean.

Comment

She's mean.
                Oh, Okay.

Comment

She's mean.
                  Darth Wang's sister perhaps :)
                  http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

She's mean.
                    Don't fret, it was just a le ruse.

On a more serious note, I think it's just society having forced those opinions down on her.
                    If a grown man watches a little girl, he is automatically marked with a big pedo-stamp on his forehead. That's just the way it is.

Now, if people think that we only watch the show because of that specific girl, gaze upon her beauty, and have wishful thinking about being with a girl like this, they are in fact the narrow minded. I would say that just alone having those thoughts, is what really makes you a pedo.

Also another thing. LazyTown has been ruined by 4chan a long time ago. They attracted the wrong kind of attention to the show, and made people aware that the guys I just described actually exists out there. That's why the public looks weird at you when you say you watch the show. Because they only know about the creep-base, rather than the actual fan-base.

Comment

Is it really taboo to watch kids shows? A person's gotta be really shallow to impugn anybody's character over that. There is some legitimate overlap between that "creep-base" and the LazyTown fan-base. But even fantasizing about young girls is a private thing and doesn't make somebody a creep. I'm used to people thinking there's something wrong with me. I like the weird looks! It's better to be honest, have people think what they will, and ultimately be defined by your actions.

Comment

You are partly right about the thing with ones fantasies being a private thing, and that we shouldn't judge people by their thoughts, but rather their actions. But if you want to hide these fantasies away from the public, it's best to not talk openly about watching the show in the first place. People will make assumptions, and even though these may be totally off, you will still fall under what people might think.
                        I know we're different, but I still gotta disagree strongly with you on the part about 'fantasizing about young girls' not being creepy. I'm 20, and if I have to be honest, I must admit that I have seen some 16 yo girls and thought to myself that they looked good. But if you're 24, and thinking a 13 yo girl is sexy, it is wrong.*

About watching a childrens show being a taboo, I would have to argue against you again. These shows are made specifically for children, and if we're honest here; it shows. What does LazyTown really try to tell the audience? Eat healthy, be active, don't lie, be loyal, and just in general to be good here in life. Clearly things marketed at younger peeps, and something that adults should already know.
                        So it's a taboo to watch childrens tele as an adult, because you are supposed to go through the process of growing up, and becoming more mature. That's also why a child can get away with playing gameboy an entire day, or pretending their toy car is real, and race with it on the carpets endless evenings. Imagine a full grown man asking his boss to have 30 minutes play-time at his office.

Now, I understand that you are not really into what other people think about you, and you actually enjoy the strange looks you get by them, but you got to keep in mind that we are very different people in here. I actually care about my reputation, and what not only my friends, but also just people that know my name, think about me. Just coming out of the teen years, I have build quite a status in my network, and I have quite a few people, not only respect me, but actually look up to me. That's why it's so important for me to not come across as a creep, a weirdo, and certainly not as a pedo.

N.B!
                        After this rant, I think I owe a short little disclaimer. I do not in any way think that LazyTown is childrish, and I do not view it as a taboo to be watching this specific show. After 6 years it still baffles me how well produced this show is. This being the actors, singers, puppeteers, the musical aspect, or just the cinematographic shooting of it in general. But.. That is only because I have actually seen it, and focused on how good it is. From other peoples view, this is just yet another childrens show, and all the points I just mentioned immediately kicks in. From their point of view, I could might as well be watching My Little Pony.

*This was just an example because of how this discussion started, and I do not in any way have these thoughts about anyone. Especially not about you.

Comment

Seems we all do wrong things daily. Sucks, especially when u can see your mistakes. For example, I'm into Babe from Game Shakers right now and my age will be 29 soon. So, w/e I don't know how old she is but obviously she's small. Likey likey?

Comment

This is how you can tell I live alone

yes I get warts you say. I tall people. I liked dance music. Ps you right about one thing changing world and I with you on that one sportakandy.

Comment

Don't fret, it was just a le ruse.
                              She was quite serious, but I don't need any consolation.

I actually care about my reputation, and what not only my friends, but also just people that know my name, think about me. Just coming out of the teen years, I have build quite a status in my network, and I have quite a few people, not only respect me, but actually look up to me. That's why it's so important for me to not come across as a creep, a weirdo, and certainly not as a pedo.
                              That's nice and all, but it won't be the end of the world when you come out of the LazyTown closet.

I do not in any way think that LazyTown is childish
                              Let's not kid ourselves here. LazyTown is a children's show. A well made one, but it is most definitely a children's show.

Comment

That's nice and all, but it won't be the end of the world when you come out of the LazyTown closet.
                                I know mang, but given the fact of the position that my fandom stands in, I think I'm better off keeping it to myself. Sure I have all the episodes, and is constantly searching for the best quality of these, but in all fairness I sometimes skip all the small talk, and fast forward directly to where the song is. You on the other hand.. that is another story. The fact that you actually went ahead and visited the studios really proves your dedication. Something I can only look up to, and kick myself in the head for not being the person with unlimited access to Máni's holy grail.

Let's not kid ourselves here. LazyTown is a children's show. A well made one, but it is most definitely a children's show.
                                As I also said in my post. It's marketed for children, but the professionalism about the show makes me say that watching it is not childrish/a taboo.

Comment

Working...
                                X