Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Moonblayd ROTTEN MEMBER
    Level 25 - You Are A Pirate!

Local Date
    21st July 2017
    Local Time
    04:51

Re: This is how you can tell I live alone

Is it really taboo to watch kids shows? A person's gotta be really shallow to impugn anybody's character over that. There is some legitimate overlap between that "creep-base" and the LazyTown fan-base. But even fantasizing about young girls is a private thing and doesn't make somebody a creep. I'm used to people thinking there's something wrong with me. I like the weird looks! It's better to be honest, have people think what they will, and ultimately be defined by your actions.

just the fox SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 26 - Roboticus
    Local Date
    21st July 2017
    Local Time
    10:51

You are partly right about the thing with ones fantasies being a private thing, and that we shouldn't judge people by their thoughts, but rather their actions. But if you want to hide these fantasies away from the public, it's best to not talk openly about watching the show in the first place. People will make assumptions, and even though these may be totally off, you will still fall under what people might think.
    I know we're different, but I still gotta disagree strongly with you on the part about 'fantasizing about young girls' not being creepy. I'm 20, and if I have to be honest, I must admit that I have seen some 16 yo girls and thought to myself that they looked good. But if you're 24, and thinking a 13 yo girl is sexy, it is wrong.*

About watching a childrens show being a taboo, I would have to argue against you again. These shows are made specifically for children, and if we're honest here; it shows. What does LazyTown really try to tell the audience? Eat healthy, be active, don't lie, be loyal, and just in general to be good here in life. Clearly things marketed at younger peeps, and something that adults should already know.
    So it's a taboo to watch childrens tele as an adult, because you are supposed to go through the process of growing up, and becoming more mature. That's also why a child can get away with playing gameboy an entire day, or pretending their toy car is real, and race with it on the carpets endless evenings. Imagine a full grown man asking his boss to have 30 minutes play-time at his office.

Now, I understand that you are not really into what other people think about you, and you actually enjoy the strange looks you get by them, but you got to keep in mind that we are very different people in here. I actually care about my reputation, and what not only my friends, but also just people that know my name, think about me. Just coming out of the teen years, I have build quite a status in my network, and I have quite a few people, not only respect me, but actually look up to me. That's why it's so important for me to not come across as a creep, a weirdo, and certainly not as a pedo.

N.B!
    After this rant, I think I owe a short little disclaimer. I do not in any way think that LazyTown is childrish, and I do not view it as a taboo to be watching this specific show. After 6 years it still baffles me how well produced this show is. This being the actors, singers, puppeteers, the musical aspect, or just the cinematographic shooting of it in general. But.. That is only because I have actually seen it, and focused on how good it is. From other peoples view, this is just yet another childrens show, and all the points I just mentioned immediately kicks in. From their point of view, I could might as well be watching My Little Pony.

*This was just an example because of how this discussion started, and I do not in any way have these thoughts about anyone. Especially not about you.
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

The Moonblayd ROTTEN MEMBER
    Level 25 - You Are A Pirate!

Local Date
    21st July 2017
    Local Time

Seems we all do wrong things daily. Sucks, especially when u can see your mistakes. For example, I'm into Babe from Game Shakers right now and my age will be 29 soon. So, w/e I don't know how old she is but obviously she's small. Likey likey?

Banned ROTTEN MEMBER
    Level 1 - New kid in Town

Local Date
    21st July 2017
    Local Time
    08:51

This is how you can tell I live alone

yes I get warts you say. I tall people. I liked dance music. Ps you right about one thing changing world and I with you on that one sportakandy.

The Prince ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 34 - Airship Controller
    Local Date
    21st July 2017
    Local Time
    02:51

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Don't fret, it was just a le ruse.
    She was quite serious, but I don't need any consolation.

I actually care about my reputation, and what not only my friends, but also just people that know my name, think about me. Just coming out of the teen years, I have build quite a status in my network, and I have quite a few people, not only respect me, but actually look up to me. That's why it's so important for me to not come across as a creep, a weirdo, and certainly not as a pedo.
    That's nice and all, but it won't be the end of the world when you come out of the LazyTown closet.

I do not in any way think that LazyTown is childish
    Let's not kid ourselves here. LazyTown is a children's show. A well made one, but it is most definitely a children's show.
    Spirit Power Obligation Responsibility Truth Agility Courage Understanding Solace

Level 26 - Roboticus
    Local Date
    21st July 2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Stingy View Post
    That's nice and all, but it won't be the end of the world when you come out of the LazyTown closet.
    I know mang, but given the fact of the position that my fandom stands in, I think I'm better off keeping it to myself. Sure I have all the episodes, and is constantly searching for the best quality of these, but in all fairness I sometimes skip all the small talk, and fast forward directly to where the song is. You on the other hand.. that is another story. The fact that you actually went ahead and visited the studios really proves your dedication. Something I can only look up to, and kick myself in the head for not being the person with unlimited access to Máni's holy grail.

Let's not kid ourselves here. LazyTown is a children's show. A well made one, but it is most definitely a children's show.
    As I also said in my post. It's marketed for children, but the professionalism about the show makes me say that watching it is not childrish/a taboo.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
    Local Date
    21st July 2017
    Local Time

Where's the body pillow tho? ://

Level 26 - Roboticus
    Local Date
    21st July 2017
    Local Time

You were right.
    Especially not if the show suddenly became socially acceptable, because of some goofy internet fame.

"Oh, LazyTown? Yeah I'm only watching it for the memes."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Youngest SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    Local Date
    21st July 2017
    Local Time
    03:51

Even though I'm a kid. I'm 11. and I think thats a little old for a kid to be watching a show made for preschoolers, but that cant stop me! I feel like its less weird for me, but seeing all of your experiences, I think thats true.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    Local Date
    21st July 2017
    Local Time

I'm almost 19, but I do enjoy kids shows a lot, this being one of them. I'm pretty open about the stuff I like, heck my whole room is dedicated to my Disney collection, which has a lot of Lion Guard things in it.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 9 - Energy Poster
    Local Date
    21st July 2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceStingy View Post
    I'm almost 19, but I do enjoy kids shows a lot, this being one of them. I'm pretty open about the stuff I like, heck my whole room is dedicated to my Disney collection, which has a lot of Lion Guard things in it.
    I'm in my early 20s and my room is full of Monster High dolls, My Little Ponies and Disney plushies.

Sportahamster SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    Local Date
    21st July 2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceStingy View Post
    Oh I like The Lion Guard too! My fav character is Beshte

You were right.
    Especially not if the show suddenly became socially acceptable, because of some goofy internet fame.

"Oh, LazyTown? Yeah I'm only watching it for the memes."
    Yeah, I get how you feel. I'm not as open with LazyTown as I am with Hamtaro/Pokemon/Disney. I mean, at least you could argue the others could be somewhat enjoyable for all ages, but it's much harder to explain why you're into a preschool show when you're in high school

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    Local Date
    21st July 2017
    Local Time
    09:51

It's odd how some kids media is more 'acceptable' to enjoy as an adult than others. For example, suggesting the Lego Movie (a great movie) to my fiancee's family had them saying no, because it's for kids so they shouldnt be watching it. Yet they will happily settle down with a Disney movie?

To be honest I think it's more childish to not watch 'childish' things for fear of being childish. As C.S LEwis said: “Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

a bit long sorry. But I love that quote

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12