The Music Fanatic SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 26 - Roboticus
    Local Date
    23rd March 2017
    Local Time
    01:25

Re: This is how you can tell I live alone

Quote Originally Posted by Stingy View Post
    That's nice and all, but it won't be the end of the world when you come out of the LazyTown closet.
    I know mang, but given the fact of the position that my fandom stands in, I think I'm better off keeping it to myself. Sure I have all the episodes, and is constantly searching for the best quality of these, but in all fairness I sometimes skip all the small talk, and fast forward directly to where the song is. You on the other hand.. that is another story. The fact that you actually went ahead and visited the studios really proves your dedication. Something I can only look up to, and kick myself in the head for not being the person with unlimited access to Máni's holy grail.

Let's not kid ourselves here. LazyTown is a children's show. A well made one, but it is most definitely a children's show.
    As I also said in my post. It's marketed for children, but the professionalism about the show makes me say that watching it is not childrish/a taboo.
    There's only one universal language - Music.

Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster ☮Sportacus☮'s Avatar
    Local Date
    23rd March 2017
    Local Time
    00:25

Where's the body pillow tho? ://

The Music Fanatic SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 26 - Roboticus
    Local Date
    23rd March 2017
    Local Time
    01:25

That's nice and all, but it won't be the end of the world when you come out of the LazyTown closet.
    You were right.
    Especially not if the show suddenly became socially acceptable, because of some goofy internet fame.

"Oh, LazyTown? Yeah I'm only watching it for the memes."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    There's only one universal language - Music.

The Youngest SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    Local Date
    22nd March 2017
    Local Time
    19:25

Even though I'm a kid. I'm 11. and I think thats a little old for a kid to be watching a show made for preschoolers, but that cant stop me! I feel like its less weird for me, but seeing all of your experiences, I think thats true.

Mom of Kiara from TLK2 SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    Local Date
    23rd March 2017
    Local Time

I'm almost 19, but I do enjoy kids shows a lot, this being one of them. I'm pretty open about the stuff I like, heck my whole room is dedicated to my Disney collection, which has a lot of Lion Guard things in it.

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 9 - Energy Poster
    Local Date
    23rd March 2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceStingy View Post
    I'm almost 19, but I do enjoy kids shows a lot, this being one of them. I'm pretty open about the stuff I like, heck my whole room is dedicated to my Disney collection, which has a lot of Lion Guard things in it.
    I'm in my early 20s and my room is full of Monster High dolls, My Little Ponies and Disney plushies.

Sportahamster SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    Local Date
    22nd March 2017
    Local Time
    20:25

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceStingy View Post
    Oh I like The Lion Guard too! My fav character is Beshte

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    You were right.
    Especially not if the show suddenly became socially acceptable, because of some goofy internet fame.

"Oh, LazyTown? Yeah I'm only watching it for the memes."
    Yeah, I get how you feel. I'm not as open with LazyTown as I am with Hamtaro/Pokemon/Disney. I mean, at least you could argue the others could be somewhat enjoyable for all ages, but it's much harder to explain why you're into a preschool show when you're in high school

Level 7 - Lazy Poster RockinRobbie's Avatar
    Local Date
    23rd March 2017
    Local Time

It's odd how some kids media is more 'acceptable' to enjoy as an adult than others. For example, suggesting the Lego Movie (a great movie) to my fiancee's family had them saying no, because it's for kids so they shouldnt be watching it. Yet they will happily settle down with a Disney movie?

To be honest I think it's more childish to not watch 'childish' things for fear of being childish. As C.S LEwis said: “Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

a bit long sorry. But I love that quote

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123