Dakota, 12, to star in 'disturbing paedophile film'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota, 12, to star in 'disturbing paedophile film'

Child actress Dakota Fanning will appear in a controversial new movie featuring paedophile scenes.

War of the Worlds star Dakota, 12, has signed up to appear in Hounddog.

The screenplay calls for Fanning's character to be raped in one explicit scene and to appear naked or clad only in "underpants" in several other horrifying moments.

A source close to the film said: "The two taboos in Hollywood are child abuse and the killing of animals.

"In this movie, both things happen." Fanning's mother, Joy, and her Hollywood agent, Cindy Osbrink, see the movie, written and directed by Deborah Kampmeier, as a possible Oscar vehicle for the pint-size star.

But despite Fanning's status as a bankable actress - whose movies, including last year's War of the Worlds have earned more than half a billion dollars since 2001 - the alarming material seems to have scared off potential investors, according to the New York Daily News.

The film charts the life of a girl who is abused and finds solace in the music of Elvis Presley.

Fanning's carefully choreographed rape scene has already been filmed. But then the production - which also stars Robin Wright Penn, David Morse and Piper Laurie - was stopped because of a lack of money.

But emergency investors were found and the movie is set to be finished by the end of the week.

"It's not just the rape scene - the whole story is challenging Dakota as an actress," Fanning's agent, Osbrink, said.

"And I've never been so proud of her in my life. In every scene she gets better and better."

i think this film could be good, shes a great actress and if any child star could pull this movie off its her, been looking around and some people are ranting and raving at the fact she got raped, as in for real LMAO dumbass'

I do kinda wonder how this can be legal, and why it is necessary. It's perfectly possible for a director to indicate that a character is having sex without showing it explicitly or even without showing any nudity. That suggests, to me, that the controversy is really no more than a vital part of the marketing for this film, which I tink is disgusting. And the killing of animals? For real, they mean? I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo
      I do kinda wonder how this can be legal, and why it is necessary. It's perfectly possible for a director to indicate that a character is having sex without showing it explicitly or even without showing any nudity. That suggests, to me, that the controversy is really no more than a vital part of the marketing for this film, which I tink is disgusting. And the killing of animals? For real, they mean? I hope not.
      Chances are it's somewhat explicit, otherwise no fuss would get raised. However, I doubt it's *too* explicit either. Think of anything where someone gets stabbed behind a curtain. I imagine it's parallel to that, at least somehow.

As for killing animals, of course it won't be real. PETA would go completely ballistic if the film contained real animal cruelty.

I'm not very interested in the film because companies have been so nervous to invest in it. I can only see that translating into companies funding it as a shock film instead of a genuinely worthwhile film.

Comment

So I guess Cannibal Holocaust is from before this rule then, eh? Cause the animal cruelty in that film was all too real. Though that was from Italy, so I guess different rules apply.

Comment

Well yeah, but it was still already done. I mean, this Hounddog thing might get banned or censored in every country in the world, but the scenes have been shot anyway. Now I don't think this girl will get a life-long trauma for being filmed naked or something, I just don't see the point for it.

Comment

I do see the point of the fact that she gets raped in the story, I don't see the point of having actual child nudity in there.

Comment

That's not what I understand from what I've read about it, but if it is as you say then I have no problem with it either.

Comment

Wow, it was very brave of her to take on that role. I hope audiences will be more mature than the investors about it.

Comment

ull shh her shoulders i think whith nothig on them IE low top or something, i doubt they will show a 12 year old nude especially a huge child star like dakota

most ull see is her in underwear i reckon

Comment

Well, if that's the case I don't see where the media fuss is coming from.

Comment

No, she's an actress playing that she gets/got raped. Heavy stuff for someone her age, I'm sure, but then so is playing to die or whatever.

Comment

isn't this really old and why am i supposed to care

Comment

i wanna see this film now see what the fuss is, she splaying that she got raped its not like she got raped for hreal FOR **** SAKE

and ya know she wont be naked, why would her a big star like here get naked on film at 12?

Comment

CJ: I just said that playing you got raped is pretty heavy but not worth a fuss.

Comment

After watching the latest War of the Worlds I have decided never to watch another film with Tom Cruise or Dakota Fanning in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X