X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More LazyTown Extra info released

From -> http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2008 ... inoff.html

CBeebies working on LazyTown spin-off

CBeebies has joined forces with the team behind hit kids series LazyTown to produce an exclusive new spin-off show.

LazyTown Extra will be co-produced by Lazytown Entertainment and BBC Children's Scotland for exclusive broadcast on the CBeebies digital channel.

The magazine format show, aimed at 3-6s, will feature LazyTown puppet character Ziggy talking to children from across the UK about their favourite activities.

Filming of these inserts is due to start this summer. Each themed episode will be 14-minutes in length and will feature all the LazyTown characters. Star of the show, Sportacus, will introduce an exercise of the day while Trixie and Stephanie will create recipes in the kitchen.

CBeebies controller Michael Carrington said: "Motivating young children to be active is really important to CBeebies, so when the opportunity arose to inspire them by exploring different physical activities around the UK in collaboration with one of their favourite LazyTown characters, we jumped at the chance."

Magnus Scheving, chief executive and creator of Lazytown, added: "This takes the LazyTown brand in a new direction opening up even more opportunities."

LazyTown Extra is produced by Angela Galvin and executive produced by Sara Harkins in Scotland for CBeebies.

* Author: Michael Rosser.
    So now it's 14 minutes each not the 6 minutes??? Still new LT stuff anyway. IT'S STEPHER TIME

Re: More LazyTown Extra info released

Sweet! I know what I'll be watching for!

Comment

That's some great news!

From the looks of it, we might be getting the short episodes "season3" and those new 14 minute spin-off ones (unless the short episodes were replaced by this) *hopes its both*. Things are starting to look up! I just hope we get em here in America as well.

Comment

hmm, I hope its good.

So they are losing the stories and just teaching kids.

It sounds like its trying to do what lazytown started out not trying to do.

also, where the hell is Robbie?

Comment

Originally posted by ForGreatJustin
          also, where the hell is Robbie?
          maybe he'll be just be doing the stuff wrong, like Goofus and Gallant, or something

Comment

Didn't Magnus say in an interview once that LazyTown is about moving and making the right decisions and not about teaching??

Comment

So more lazytown stuff is coming

Comment

If CBeebies are involved in this all you US fans might be left waiting, they will want to see how popular it is in the UK before even daring to export it anywhere else! Hopefully LTE might want it to go global quicker!

And yes, this does sound like LT has ditched "inspirational" in favour of "educational". "Educational" kind of suits the UK.... part of it's transformation, under NuLabour, from a "home of the free" into a Stalinist Thought Policed Orwellian nightmare state. It truly is becoming "Airstrip One".

Stephanie and Trixie doing a cookery slot too..... I hope Gordon Ramsey guest stars..... "Oi you pink ****, get out of my ****ing kitchen!"

Comment

mizz_pink - I thought that too but I guess things change.

RPK74SAW - That post made me laugh. A lot. Sadly I could actually imagine Ramsay making an appearance of that sort.

I just hope LazyTown Extra doesn't come across too preachy, since it's teaching kids rather than motivating them.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentKJ
                    I just hope LazyTown Extra doesn't come across too preachy, since it's teaching kids rather than motivating them.
                    We'll soon find out when the show comes on TV

Comment

Originally posted by mizz_pink
                      Originally posted by AgentKJ
                      We'll soon find out when the show comes on TV
                      Yes, I am rather looking forward to it, despite coming across like a miserable bugger.

Comment

Working...
                      X