I was wondering if Americans learn Icelandic

Re: Icelandic in America

http://www.getlazy.net/forums

Comment

LOL

Comment

Nope, not one American has ever learned Icelandic.

Comment

I tried to but I'm too lazy to learn a language I'll never use. I'm learning germans tho.

Comment

Come on there is at least one.... Julianna herself, she's apparently quite fluent in Icelandic!

Comment

I guess people buy computer or video courses to learn Icelandic on their own, but there aren't really any Icelandic classes offered here so most people don't take the initiative to learn it.

Comment

why should an american learn icelandic? English is the 1st language in the world, and if someone wants to learn a second language it should be something like franch or chienese, i think

Comment

Isn't Icelandic apparently the most pointless language anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by AgentKJ
                    well i guess it's not as pointless as some obscure shitty language used by a tribe in the middle of the amazon but-

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Xizer
                      well i guess it's not as pointless as some obscure shitty language used by a tribe in the middle of the amazon but-

Yes.
                      You knew what I meant.
                      I was just repeating something I read a while ago.

Comment

well, i think so

Comment

yes iclandic is pointless if you want a good language to learn spanish. because of immagration it can help you get a lot of careers in the us.

Comment

Originally posted by nico402
                            well, i think so
                            Not pointless, it's just not used a lot! Out of 6000 million people in the world only 1/2 a million probably speak it!

And not pointless if you have live there... or if you have to work there a lot. I'd definately rather live there than the UK (which may as well be F-ing China - the way it treats its own people these days).

And Iceland is one of our "neighbours", just a 700 mile trip across the wild North Atlantic - with a stop off at the Faroe Islands on the way - I'm amazed half of the collapsing UK hasn't run over there in panic already!

Comment

Ive been studying the language but by no means could I carry on a conversation. I can count up to 10 or tiu i believe. I can say hello good day. nai or no. Im not sure if I even typed it correctly, anyway it is quite a beautiful language indeed. I would probably butcher it with my accent. Magnus and Stefan have beautiful accents. Probably because they are both native to Iceland, but ive also heard that Icelanders carry many languages under thier belt.
                              :) hope to visit Icland someday I here its ultra or excellent I believe is the word I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
                              X