Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robbie's Soft Side?

Originally posted by SportaSentai
    Stefan's acting is great altogether! :) I personally think he's one of the most talented performers of our time - yet he's so underrated. He's such a genius when it comes to acting and characterization. Not only that, but singing and dancing too...he can do it all!! VERY well! He's amazing! Stefan should really be appreciated more for his talent.
    Yeah, he's really good. Even Magnus admitted to it on that interview he had along with Juli in Iceland. He said Stefan and Julianna are really good actors, and as for him; he said he gets away with his acting cause he's the producer lol he's still great though

Comment

Yeah, he's really good. Even Magnus admitted to it on that interview he had along with Juli in Iceland. He said Stefan and Julianna are really good actors, and as for him; he said he gets away with his acting cause he's the producer lol he's still great though
      As far as I know Magnus has never had any formal acting or singing training, so I think he's really impressive to do what he has on Lazytown, as well as run the whole corporate shop too! He's had a head start with the dancing though - goes hand in hand with him being an olympic gymnast.

Comment

Originally posted by RPK74SAW
        As far as I know Magnus has never had any formal acting or singing training, so I think he's really impressive to do what he has on Lazytown, as well as run the whole corporate shop too! He's had a head start with the dancing though - goes hand in hand with him being an olympic gymnast.
        He said he was trained by the woman who owned the post office where he lived.

Comment

I liked the way he acted when Stephanie asked him what his favorite song was, on the eps Lazy Town's greatest hits XD

Comment

Originally posted by BusyTown
            I liked the way he acted when Stephanie asked him what his favorite song was, on the eps Lazy Town's greatest hits XD
            That's probably one of my very favorite Robbie moments! xD I love his little "No! No! It's too late! It's too late now! *pouts*" He's freakin' adorable when he's all pouty like that.

Comment

Haha yea, that really made me laugh! Him acting all childish and stuff

I really like the comments, faces, and sound effects he makes when he's spying on the children through that thing of his, in his lair.

*Robbie spying*

Sportacus: Eat lots and lots of Sportscandy! ^^

Robbie: *repeats in disgust* Eat lots and lots of Sportscandy! *makes a throwing up face followed by a burp sound* lol XD

Comment

I just love his comments to the things he sees. It always amuses me. And when he's caught, his little 'trying to get out of trouble with being cute' expressions.

Comment

The latest episode within season/series 3 (with the Beach setting as part of it) really showed Robbie's softer, more vulnerable side, but if I were to rewind to seasons one and two, I'd say this sort of thing with him wanting interaction was visible even then, if to a smaller degree. It's what makes him less of a dangerous villain and more of a realistic, flawed and yes, pretty clumsy one (in execution, fictionally speaking mind you). He's more than a two dimensional guy tweaking his curlicue mustache cackling maniacally as folks are about to meet their doom. I don't recall Wile-e-Coyote ever showing remorse over his actions against Roadrunner, which is probably what sets him apart in my mind from Robbie. I'm seeing a guy who wants to have quiet time and activities...he just has a hard time expressing and achieving it (And that's okay! It makes the show interesting.).

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
                    The latest episode within season/series 3 (with the Beach setting as part of it) really showed Robbie's softer, more vulnerable side, but if I were to rewind to seasons one and two, I'd say this sort of thing with him wanting interaction was visible even then, if to a smaller degree. It's what makes him less of a dangerous villain and more of a realistic, flawed and yes, pretty clumsy one (in execution, fictionally speaking mind you). He's more than a two dimensional guy tweaking his curlicue mustache cackling maniacally as folks are about to meet their doom. I don't recall Wile-e-Coyote ever showing remorse over his actions against Roadrunner, which is probably what sets him apart in my mind from Robbie. I'm seeing a guy who wants to have quiet time and activities...he just has a hard time expressing and achieving it (And that's okay! It makes the show interesting.).
                    Before I forget again where this post was posted, yes, I agree, well said :-)
                    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Think about how much different of a character Robbie Rotten was back in the theater days of Lazytown, when Sportacus' costume wasn't even blue. Back there he was a proper villain, funny of course and entertaining for the kids but still a villain in flamboyant clothes that made him look as if he had escaped from a noir movie of sorts. This Robbie for me doesn't exist anymore for a reason. He is not a villain and it is proven due to the fact that he doesn't wish to harm anyone actually (all under the influence of Magnus' idea of how the ideal hero should act, being kind and friendly even to everyone unconditionally). Even the times he gives sugar to Sportacus, he doesn't overdo it. There could have been more ways to send Sportacus or anyone for that matter away in a more dark and sinister matter, something that could have passed the mind of the first Robbie. He doesn't do that, not only because it's a children's show, but also because this Robbie is not meant to be mean.
                      This is very obvious on the second episode of the third season where he shows he is awkward around concepts he's probably not much familiar with and yet he wishes to participate in their fun. And he's not in denial about it, he's genuinely having fun with everyone, no plans attached. Key point for me is that when Sportacus confronts Stingy, he mentions Robbie taking part in the games. I am thinking this was Sportacus' plan all along, from the very first time he actually started inviting Robbie to play/accepting his challenges. He treated Robbie equally and patiently let him warm up to the idea of having friends and sharing etc etc.
                      Ah I ramble too much, sorry. ^^'

Comment

I love that Robbie is soft, but I'd also love to see a dark side to him.

Comment

Sad Robbie
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	sad_robbie.png
Views:	2
Size:	794.3 KB
ID:	147447
                          http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
                            Sad Robbie
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]2360[/ATTACH]
                            This scene so reminded me of the Tom Hanks movie "Cast Away"

Comment

Hats off to whoever wrote the teleplay for this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportacus'Sportagirl View Post
                                This scene so reminded me of the Tom Hanks movie "Cast Away"
                                That and Sad Keanu is what I was thinking

Click image for larger version

Name:	sadkeanu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	147452
                                http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X