Robbie's Soft Side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbie's Soft Side?

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this... if not, someone please tell me!

Hehm... On with the discussion!

Maybe I am looking too far into it, but doesn't Robbie seem to have a soft side in him? I don't honestly think he's a bad guy at all. Maybe a little in the beginning on the first few eps he seemed to really be going after Sportacus, but in the next season or so he seems to just be doing it more for the fun of it. The pirate ep. being one of my favorites. His schemes are now centering around getting the kids to play with him a bit before he 'spoils' the fun by being a meanie. Which seems to say to me that he just wants to join in the fun.

I personally think he's jealous of Sportacus. But, that's just an opinion. based upon the way he acts towards him in a lot of way. He tries to make Sportacus look like a fool, a hint to me that he's just trying to look better than him. A sure sign of Jealousy.

What do you guys think? Do you have anything else to support or disprove Robbie's a big 'old softy?

Re: Robbie's Soft Side?

I do agree with you Glanni.

But...if you recall in the episode "Dear Diary", Stephanie refers to Robbie as being an "old softie" too (as written in her diary, read by Robbie himself). He denied it at first, but since she wrote something good about him - he didn't want to do anything mean to her in return. Then he realized maybe he was a "softie" after all.

I'm sorry if I spoiled anything if you didn't see that ep. I was just trying to further back up your observation. There is still PLENTY of stuff to look forward to in the ep, don't worry.

Comment

I did see that ep! But only in Icelandic, so I didn't know exactly what he said Steph wrote about him. I gathered it was something really nice or something of that nature. Thank you for telling me! It makes more sense now. lol.

I can't believe I forgot that episode! It's one of my favorites too!

Comment

Too bad I can't see the download thread just yet. I hope one day.... lol. I actually prefer Icelandic ep to the english ones for some reason... I don't know why though. I guess I just love the language.

Alright! BACK ON TOPIC!

True, he does do things that are nice, even though he usually doesn't do them on purpose. lol. Other than the Diary ep. which he does do it on purpose.

Comment

i agree robbie is nice at heart he just doesn't show it

Comment

Maybe this explains why he sleeps outside sometimes then bitches about all the noise Perhaps he just wants excuses to hang out with everyone!

P.S. Whew, been awhile since I've seen so many new posts! Thanks Glanni XD

Comment

Maybe this explains why he sleeps outside sometimes then bitches about all the noise
              Which made me wonder... going by the technology Pixel has in Remote Control (aka, awesomely impossible), you think he could just make something that could mute Robbie's ears or something so he doesn't get bothered by the kids playing, ultimately solving Robbie's noise issues...

but then there'd be no show...

Comment

Another thing that gets me is, how can Robbie hear the kids playing outside while he's IN his dungeon, which has walls that look like thick metal? guess they're "really" made of paper ^^;

Comment

Originally posted by Vyser
                  Maybe this explains why he sleeps outside sometimes then bitches about all the noise Perhaps he just wants excuses to hang out with everyone!

P.S. Whew, been awhile since I've seen so many new posts! Thanks Glanni XD
                  lol. Makes sense! Who would seriously bitch about noise and then go into the center of it? I think he just wants to join in the fun. He really feels left out when they play. I think he really was upset when Sportacus came into town because the kids no longer looked up to him (as an adult figure). They looked up to Sportacus instead. It's said in "Sportafake". Robbie states the kids used to listen to him. Whatever he said, went. And when Sportacus showed up, they ignored him.

Someone has jealousy issues.

p.s. you're welcome!

Comment

Interesting ideas. That also reminds of that speaker system he has installed in this shack. If he really wanted peace, why does he have an alarm for when people make noise? :? I'm starting to think Robbie either is really desperate or is quite defeating of himself.

Comment

I'm thinking its a kids tv show and without it playing out how it does it would pretty boring for him to just sit in his layer and bitch about children and not try to stop them.

But yes, He is soft lulz

Comment

That's very true. But plot aside, he's really an attention hog isn't he? lol.

Comment

I feel kind of bad for Robbie now, thinking about all this. :( Poor guy...

Comment

My personal theory is that he was raised to believe the things he does. After all, on his mirror is the initials "RR II", which would make you think that he is Robbie Rotten the second. He obviously craves affection, like in 'Suprise Santa' when he is happy at being invited to dinner, and 'Lazytown's greatest hits', where he is happy when Stephanie asks him about his favourite song. But he just doesn't know how to break past his old habits...

And let's face it, for someone who's supposed to be lazy he's actually a pretty awesome athelete in his own right, just think of that fantastic dance routine in 'dancing dreams' where he lifts Stephanie up onto his shoulder, and his flips in 'Lazytown circus'.

But this is a show aimed at little kids after all, and you do have to have a villan.

Comment

I love that episode of Lazy Town's greatest hits.

Robbie spent the whole time in his own little pity party until someone finally asked him. You could tell he was really hurt that no one had thought to ask him, thinking everyone had forgotten about him. Until Steph asked him and he acted like a little ignored five-year old. lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X