Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LazyTown Russian Morning News Clip (with English Subtitles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown Russian Morning News Clip (with English Subtitles)

I forgot to post this topic! Thanks to DarkEdem for translating, helping with editing, and the extra notes! Here's the rest from the YouTube video info:
    The Russian Morning News Clip is from lazytown.biz. This news clip probably aired on "Russia TV Channel" during May of 2006. I took that from the filename at lazytown.biz. Hopefully, LazyTown Entertainment doesn't mind me using their video and adding subtitles to it.

A big thanks to DarkEdem for taking a big chunk of his time to translate this video, helping with editing, and the notes! =)

I must admit you that there are some big notes in the video, you might have to pause the video to see them since the text is going by fast! I was also very, very short with the Petrushka note. See the Wikipedia link below to find out more information about the ballet.

Sources:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia_TV_Channel
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrushka_(ballet)

*I should really add more tags, like the names of the people that appear in the video.
    YouTube link:

[youtube]qes5HjHvkK8[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qes5HjHvkK8

Download links: Main download link

File information in detail:
    Approximate Video Broadcast Date: May 2006
    Fansub release date: 14 April 2008
    Title: Clip from the State Television Channel "TV Channel Russia" May 2006
    Original filename: RussianMorningTV_cutMay06.mov
    Note: Original video can be found at lazytown.biz -> Link
    Filename after downloading: LazyTown_RussianMorningTV_cutMay06_(English_Subs).rar
    Filename after extraction: LazyTown_RussianMorningTV_cutMay06_(English_Subs)_[7456073A].avi
    Filesize after extraction: 20.4 MB
    Code:
    MD5 Checksums:
    66f45a5feb1be3388f80c636eced1222 *LazyTown_RussianMorningTV_cutMay06_(English_Subs).rar
    f38317870a074b5d0b61f9de5827d124 *LazyTown_RussianMorningTV_cutMay06_(English_Subs)_[7456073A].avi
    Video information:
    Codec: XviD
    Bitrate: 792 kbps
    Resolution: 512x384
    FPS: 25 (original .mov file from lazytown.biz was 15 FPS)
    Audio: MP3 - 56 kbps, 22 kHz, mono
    EDIT (4-29-2008): Changed DL link and added links, added loads more of information

Re: LazyTown Russian Morning News Clip (with English Subtitles)

Thanks be to the both of ye.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for posting that! Good work.

Comment

i am extremely disturbed from when they were stretching an eyeless Stingy head, and made his mouth open as wide as ever. :(

also, i wish Magnus would come to my school.

Comment

I have put up a backup of the video if it doesn't work:
          http://www.mediafire.com/?mmazizjm4j3

Comment

I think both us would say, you're welcome. :)

master131, thanks for the effort, I suppose I did miss the time when webfilehosting was down. However, if you're going to re-upload anything of mine, I recommend posting the MD5 of it as well. I am pretty paranoid about file integrity. Here are the MD5 sums I have:

Code:
            66f45a5feb1be3388f80c636eced1222 *LazyTown_RussianMorningTV_cutMay06_(English_Subs).rar
            f38317870a074b5d0b61f9de5827d124 *LazyTown_RussianMorningTV_cutMay06_(English_Subs)_[7456073A].avi
            I guess you can call that the "official" MD5s of the fansub work. If yours is different, the file is corrupt! You must re-download it!

Comment

What is a MD5?

Comment

Sorry for not explaining. An MD5 is like a fingerprint for a file. It is one way to find out if the file you downloaded is the same as the one uploaded. Some say that it is also better than CRC, which is what those strange numbers were at the end of the filename inside the .rar I uploaded. I can't ask other people to make MD5 sums of there files because that may fall into the too-much-information category, although I wish everyone would. I've had a few run-ins with corrupt files that weren't very pleasant, I don't want the same to happen to anybody else. Having an MD5 would help in certain situations. Which is another reason why I put stuff in .rar archives, it has an internal CRC checker so that people won't get corrupt files. Or if they do, their program would tell them. At which point several solutions can be done (e.g. PAR2), but those will be dealt with when they happen.

Comment

Thankyou for uploading! Im curious to iknow if you or anyone else are at the moment planning or working on getting all the other icelandic/misc. language vids translated?

Is there a possiblity we could all try to get a list togethor of these clips with correct names, dates they aired, etc so I can organize my interview/newsclips better..I have some that are just numbers because I have no idea when or what they should be called hehe.

Comment

You're welcome, merlin55. There was a plan to do a bunch of translating, but it appears to have died off again or I just haven't seen the latest from it! I'll probably do some looking around to see what's going on. It should be possible to make a list of clips with approximate dates of airing. No exact dates for most of them due to all sorts of factors. Like with the translating, another group effort should be done.

Well, I suspect I scared most people with the MD5 information. :( However, you can use this program linked below to both check and create an MD5. The .md5 created can be opened in something like Notepad to view its contents. It's basically a text file.

http://www.md5summer.org/

You can also you wxChecksums which can check and create both CRC and MD5. CRC will be in the SFV file created which can be opened in a text file. Link: http://wxchecksums.sourceforge.net/

Thanks to master131's alert, I found out webfilehosting is gone! I will re-upload the file again since it's small. :) Until then, master131's link can be used; merlin55's post made me realize and remember the importance of having a date on the file which made remember that master131's upload had a changed file name. From now on, I will copy notorious a little more and post full information including MD5, the file name, codecs, approximate video date, translated video release date, and so on. ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X