X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LazyTown - Acapellas

Originally posted by basscreator89
    Originally posted by pooky

anyway, I did nothing to the vocals only a bit equalizing and put some reverb to it. :|
    ...I havnt done a LT mix since july 15 2007.

Watch This Space!!
    woooh some time to catch up
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I would be forever grateful if someone did this for Cooking by the Book.
      Alas, I have not the knowledge (or software for that matter lol) to do it myself...

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
        Alas, I have not the knowledge (or software for that matter lol) to do it myself...
        I can give it a shot now that I got access to my backup drive I'll let you know how it goes.
        http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi
          I can give it a shot now that I got access to my backup drive I'll let you know how it goes.
          Give me the best shot that you can do, and I'll see if I can work it out to do what I want.
          If you do, I will travel to your house and put your genitals in and around my mouth.

Comment

Give me the best shot that you can do, and I'll see if I can work it out to do what I want.
            If you do, I will travel to your house and put your genitals in and around my mouth.
            Well I tried the center channel extract in adobe auditions just can't seem to wipe out all instruments in it. Then again I don't have a really good source an mp3 that's 2.56 mb. I could try to load up an dvd episode and rip the dvd audio out see if that works always good to work with as good a format as possible to do that center track lots of songs it's just almost impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi

Well I tried the center channel extract in adobe auditions just can't seem to wipe out all instruments in it. Then again I don't have a really good source an mp3 that's 2.56 mb. I could try to load up an dvd episode and rip the dvd audio out see if that works always good to work with as good a format as possible to do that center track lots of songs it's just almost impossible.
              Whatever you come up with I'll take dude :)

Comment

pfft ill rip it as a lossles uncompressed .wav from my LT S1 CD

i actually havnt tried Cooking by the book,

it doesnt have as many instruments as the other songs that ive tried so it may turn out better..

ill let you know how it goes,

watch this space

Comment

Originally posted by basscreator89
                  pfft ill rip it as a lossles uncompressed .wav from my LT S1 CD

i actually havnt tried Cooking by the book,

it doesnt have as many instruments as the other songs that ive tried so it may turn out better..

ill let you know how it goes,

watch this space
                  The problem with cooking by the book is that the instruments are close to the frequency as the vocals and also reside along the center track and even the left and right tracks. Almost impossible to totally obtain the Vocals without any instrumental residue. I do hope you do it but I can't seem to find that sweet spot.

Comment

I have a question...

How would you go about creating karaoke tracks for other music, say...Lemon Demon, or Regina Spektor?

I'd like to obtain or make some to make my karaoke vids sound much better (without music sometimes I can sound stupid lol).

Help would be very much appreciated. :3

Comment

Here you can find acapella of when we play in a band :
                      viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2712

Comment

Sorry for bumping an ooooooold thread, but did anyone have success with this?

Did Máni get a down right "No" to release the acapellas? And how did the attempts with Voicetrap turn out? I really think this would be a nice topic to touch again, as I'm sure a lot of technology has changed in the last 5 years.
                        I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

I made a playlist of the best acapellas that I could find for every LazyTown song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lump...exXqKjRhg6fwq1

Comment

Since you can't really find Utagoe from searching anywhere, here's a download for it.

Once you run the program, you will notice that most of the text will be question marks ("?"). This is because the program was developed in Japan and never had an english port, but that is not much of a problem.

Once opening, you will see this -

Click image for larger version

Name:	OrSiFxA.png
Views:	2
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	150046

(Except the text will not be there. The file directories will be there, EX. C:\Users\___\Desktop\bingbang.wav)

The folder icon next to the file directory. Pressing this icon will allow you to add a file the easy way with file explorer.
                            I've never used it, but I assume that the speaker icon next to it allows playback of the wav file.

-First file is the full song,
                            -Second file is the file you want to be "subtracted" from the original. In theory, if your second file is an acapella/vocal track, subtracting this from the first file would leave you with an instrumental. In this case, though, we don't have the acapella, so we are going to add the instrumental.
                            -Third file is the file name you want to give the final product (ex. the vocal track). This file does not have to exist, it can be anything in any directory (preferably the desktop).

Here is an example:

Name:	7aekYlA.png
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	150047

Now, to the other buttons.

The large button in the top right with a musical symbol is the button that runs the process and does all of the hard work. If everything works as planned, pressing this button will show a progress bar at the bottom. If it is taking a while (It shouldn't), you should still be able to play the song while it is being processed (At least in VLC).

Name:	nrVAcOl.png
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	150048

If the finished track doesn't sound clean (or just didn't work properly at all), you can press the second button down (It looks like a hammer and wrench) to modify settings.
                            I do not know what most of the settings do, but I will try to explain them as best as I can.

Name:	1mYHlSD.png
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	150049

That is the tab/page you should see when opening the settings section.

The slider on the right is the most effective way to tweak the amount of subtracting that the program does, the lower end removing less sound, but sounding more normal, and the higher end removing more, but at the risk of sounding more "robotic" when finished. I generally use a setting of 2.1, but this varies a little song by song.

You will have to play with the other radio buttons a little bit to get the vocals to a more acceptable level, but leaving them at the default is good enough, most of the time.

Name:	F7Xibsp.png
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	150050

The second tab has a few more settings, most notably being the high and low pass filters.

I am not sure about the others, but the top right option seems to be how many passes the program does when removing the instrumental from the song. (Ex. Removing the instrumental once, then taking the result and removing the instrumental again).

So, that is how you use Utagoe. I am sure that it is not the finest method for extracting vocals from a song, but it is pretty easy.

Edit: Here's what All Together sounds like when using all default settings except for the slider at 2.1: All Together Vocals

Comment

Moving the reply to a separate thread as a tutorial for how to use utagoe.

Comment

Well I couldn't find anything with no insturmental

- - - Updated - - -

Well I did not post it but I made a acapella of cooking by the book

Comment

Working...
                                X