LazyTown - Acapellas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown - Acapellas

Were I Can Find The Acapellas of The Songs of The LazyTown TV Series?

Re: LazyTown - Acapellas

Nice english, acapellas...hmmm.

Comment

Acapellas? WTF are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazyscout2
        Acapellas? WTF are they?
        Acapella means music with just vocals (no instruments), so I guess sportafake is either looking for vocals only versions of the songs (which don't exist), or he actually means instrumental/karaoke tracks.

If you mean karaoke tracks... I stumbled across this website a while back which has a lot of instrumental tracks (not to mention the Icelandic versions). Also in the forums here is a post of "the New Album" which has a bunch of instrumental/karaoke tracks of songs from the second season.

Comment

there are methods of making acapella tracks, but it's tricky business and I don't think I've ever seen it successfully done with LT songs.

Comment

There are a few ways to do this, i was working on one about this time last year.

OMG he is back!!!!! lol its been a year since ive been on ^_^ so much has changed. 0_o nd where is CJvercetti lol

neways i was actually trialing different ways to create an LT acapella, but failed at most. the most effective was the phase cancellation method, but due to the fact that LT songs have alot of treble, the song cant be completly cutout, most of the melody parts are too similar to Juli's voice. =( so in order for the song to cancel out and just leave the vocals i tried to slow down/ speed up the samples.

turns out that the instrumental is like half a mm off the original track. many attempts have failed. ill try and attach the best that i got. i theorized though that you would have to slow down/ speed up the instrumental and original tracks until they both reach the exact same waveform, save the vocal track, and then speed the vocal back up to normal.

but it took me 5 and a 1/2 months (bout 3 attempts a week) to get this far.

btw the song is "we can be friends"

neways hope you like

ttyl sumtime ya

ciao

Comment

yo Bass. Yes things HAVE CHANGED!!! haha it's not the same old shit! But I'm still here neuggah

Comment

Originally posted by basscreator89
                There are a few ways to do this, i was working on one about this time last year.

OMG he is back!!!!! lol its been a year since ive been on ^_^ so much has changed. 0_o nd where is CJvercetti lol

neways i was actually trialing different ways to create an LT acapella, but failed at most. the most effective was the phase cancellation method, but due to the fact that LT songs have alot of treble, the song cant be completly cutout, most of the melody parts are too similar to Juli's voice. =( so in order for the song to cancel out and just leave the vocals i tried to slow down/ speed up the samples.

turns out that the instrumental is like half a mm off the original track. many attempts have failed. ill try and attach the best that i got. i theorized though that you would have to slow down/ speed up the instrumental and original tracks until they both reach the exact same waveform, save the vocal track, and then speed the vocal back up to normal.
                hmm that's actually a good theory since we have the instrumentals
                Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

There is no way we could get some accapella's, I ask Mani and he need to ask the owner but they always say no. So maybe with this new theory, which I didn't try before, it could actually work. All I need to do is to invert or mirror the wav from the instrumental or use left for the right and vv.. don't know. I need to try that.
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

PewPew!! lol bringing up an old thread FTW!!

lol

if you have some success then let me know cus i spent about 5 months experimenting to no avail.

ive tried many different programs too.
                    FLstudio
                    Audacity
                    Adobe Soundbooth CS4
                    Adobe Audition
                    and a few other that i cant remember the name of.

ive done it successfully with some hip hop songs, but what i found is that lazytown songs, and their instrumental counterparts, will never line up dead even, it will always be slightly off.

this means that cus alot of LT songs are based in the mid-high range of tonality, most of it still leaks through cus the wave isnt in the right position to completly phase out the song.

ill get around to posting my most successful trial which was "we will be friends"
                    maybe ill try tonight. after uni

but let me know how you go ya?

Comment

btw checked out ur youtube profile.

U have some freaking nice work on there!!

somehow i couldnt stop dancing lol

Keep it up aye ^_^

Comment

aww thank you

You make some awesome music yourself, me like

Comment

Pew Pew!!

Thats right, i actually got around to hosting the acapella attempt!!

lol

when u hear it u can hear how the rest of the song is muffled etc, but the vocals are untouched.

this was the pest that i came up with so i hope you enjoy ^_^

http://www.mediafire.com/file/njxifj...20Attempt).wav

Comment

pest = Best ^_^

swish

Comment

That was pretty good for an impossible task. :) Mathematically, it should work, but as you said the instrumentals are different enough from the vocal versions to make it impossible! So the math won't work.

basscreator89, you can edit your own posts to fix a typo. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X