Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jodi Eichelberger's Interview

Originally posted by ForGreatJustin
    Well I tried... here have this cotton swab for your ear wax.
    Don't think you can just buy me off with gifts...

Well, okay, this time.

Comment

Comment

Awesome work! It was fun reading all that. :)

True about things outside the US getting famous before getting to the US. Like this New Zealand show called, "Outrageous Fortune" is so famous there is a carnation of it in the UK and in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by sportagirl_10.5
          4. Do Sportacus and Stephanie end up as a couple? (lots of people)

I had my viking Tarot cards read at the base of Snaefellsness, which is supposed to be a very mystical place, but they said nothing about this!
          oh jeeze...*facepalm* you asked that? you actually asked THAT??? no offense to you personally. i mean i know people told you to ask, and you were just trying to please them. but COME ON! you might as well have asked if Sportacus and Robbie were gay and Stephanie was their gay-adopted daughter. it makes about as much sense.

seriously, that was inappropriate to ask for all sorts of reasons. i'm actually embarassed that you asked that, and i had nothing to do with it. you know, if someone asked Magnus he would laugh and be like "WTF?" but it was just stupid to ask this guy... he is the puppeteer for Stingy! that question had nothing to do with him. how could he possibly have an answer for that? at least he tried to make a joke out of it. but i'm sure he thought that was creepy and weird as hell though.

and if anyone tries to point out how i fag the show up... i'm aware of that. but honestly as far as i'm concerned there are no real couples on LazyTown. even Milford and Bessie aren't together. every character is asexual. ok? ok.

and for future reference (on the slim chance that anyone who works on LazyTown ever does a fan interview thing again): you don't ask people who work on a show if the pretend couples in your head are going to get married and make babies. that is no good! you're doing it wrong if you do that. srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveTHYconan
            that is no good!
            Lol, you happen to watch the sonic cartoon from the days of old?

Comment

Originally posted by LoveTHYconan
              Originally posted by sportagirl_10.5
              4. Do Sportacus and Stephanie end up as a couple? (lots of people)

I had my viking Tarot cards read at the base of Snaefellsness, which is supposed to be a very mystical place, but they said nothing about this!
              oh jeeze...*facepalm* you asked that? you actually asked THAT??? no offense to you personally. i mean i know people told you to ask, and you were just trying to please them. but COME ON! you might as well have asked if Sportacus and Robbie were gay and Stephanie was their gay-adopted daughter. it makes about as much sense.

seriously, that was inappropriate to ask for all sorts of reasons. i'm actually embarassed that you asked that, and i had nothing to do with it. you know, if someone asked Magnus he would laugh and be like "WTF?" but it was just stupid to ask this guy... he is the puppeteer for Stingy! that question had nothing to do with him. how could he possibly have an answer for that? at least he tried to make a joke out of it. but i'm sure he thought that was creepy and weird as hell though.

and if anyone tries to point out how i fag the show up... i'm aware of that. but honestly as far as i'm concerned there are no real couples on LazyTown. even Milford and Bessie aren't together. every character is asexual. ok? ok.

and for future reference (on the slim chance that anyone who works on LazyTown ever does a fan interview thing again): you don't ask people who work on a show if the pretend couples in your head are going to get married and make babies. that is no good! you're doing it wrong if you do that. srsly.

QFT

Comment

Originally posted by lazyhearts
                Thanks for sharing with this with us. The question about marry Stingy was so funny. I can't believe you actual use that question in the interview.
                Haha same! you rock sportagirl :>... now all I have to do is find stephanies dad :,(

Comment

Originally posted by yhpets
                  now all I have to do is find stephanies dad :,(
                  [img]http://img171.**********.us/img171/2640/dynasty20and20jvl202dw9zh4.jpg[/img]

Comment

that's not stephanie's dad. this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Racoon

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

okay okay haahahahahahahhahhahahahaahha

wooo.... yeah hahahahaahhahhahah.

Comment

Originally posted by Racoon

Nah, that's her mum.

Comment

Jodi Eichelberger's Interview Part 2

I received the second installment about 20 minutes ago...

“Ok, round two.

15. What advice do you have for young performers who would like to get into the entertainment field (like me)? (Sportasentai)
                          My advice to young performer is to perform, perform, perform! I don't care what level you are at or where you live, find opportunities at your community theatre, be involved in school productions, create your own!

16. As a puppeteer, you must get into some very odd and uncomfortable positions. Have you had any particularly funny or painful stories to tell in this regard? (Burt Thruster)
                          We certainly do! I have been trapped inside an airplane, cramped down inside a race car, trapped up in a treehouse 20 feet off the floor for an entire afternoon, inside a metal spider which smelled of fiberglass, under a mountain of taffy, wearing a tent, inside a zebra head, and don't forget Stingy's tiny little car which I have to somehow shove my torso inside! Even more bizarre sometimes are the shots involving lots of puppeteers such as when four of us spent a couple of days inside a shaking teacup. I had motion sickness for 2 days. Often there are two puppeteers on one character and you get very close. Not a profession for people who don't like tight spaces.

17. Do you visit the Blue Lagoon much? (Burt Thruster)
                          We have been several times. I've been in Iceland enough now that we usually only go when we are taking a guest. I've also had a massage inside the water of the blue lagoon... quite an experience.

18. Do you have to spend a lot of time on your back with the other puppeteers? (Burt Thruster)
                          On the hard sets such as the Mayor's Kitchen, Pixel's Room, the office etc. everything is ramped up so the puppeteers can stand. Usually when we have a virtual background and there is a human in the shot we are on our backs on little rolling carts.

19. Have you and crew had any bowling nights yet, and if so, are you any good at it? (Burt Thruster)
                          We have had some bowling nights: Disco bowling with black lights and music! I'm not a great bowler, but it was fun. There have also been go-cart competitions, paint-ball fights, and sports competitions.

20. Are there any new songs in the mini-episodes you're currently filming, and are you doing much singing? (Burt Thruster)
                          There's a new theme song for LazyTown Extras which is sung by Magni (Americans may have seen him in the reality show "Rockstar: Supernova). He's a great Icelandic music artist. Alas, Stingy did not have any songs in this cycle.

21. In the USA, are they ever going to get a proper high-def release, and when will they going to get any kind of high-def in the USA? (Xizer)
                          I think there were talks of doing a Blu-Ray release, but I don't really know much about this.

22. What do you think the future is in puppetry given the quality of animation and CGI these days. Is it a dying art, or is it still going strong? (Ponycat)
                          Puppetry is a very old art form and has adapted to many forms. Television puppetry may be slowing down, but I think puppetry remains strong, just in other forms. However, it was interesting to compare the puppets and the animation in the Storytime episode. We could really compare how the puppet Stingy compared to the animated Stingy and I think the puppet is actually a lot more dynamic. Also when I look at Star Wars and compare the CGI Yoda to the puppet Yoda, I really prefer the puppet. I think there is an energy that comes from the actors and objects that are really there in the film. CG characters don't have this energy.

23. Do you suffer from any strains or injuries as a result of your work? (Ponycat)
                          Usually when we first start shooting I have a lot of fatigue in my wrist. After shooting for a while I then get pains in my back and neck. I expect when I'm old I'll have all sorts of intersting pains that will be a result of the work I'm doing now. Stingy turns my fingers green if I don't wear a glove. I'm not sure what causes that. I have a scar on my left elbow from falling off my puppet cart while Stingy was helping carry the wall away in "Birthday Surprise".

24. What's it like having a puppet that is a superstar, but nobody recognises your face? (Ponycat)
                          Actually, several people have commented that Stingy and I look quite a bit alike! People have asked if the puppet was modeled after me, but as flattering as that might be the designs were actually done before I was hired. When I have done the live shows in the US it is kind of nice to be able to just take the puppet off and walk out the door. It's nice to be able to just disappear into the crowd. On the other hand when I was in "Avenue Q" it was really fun when someone recognized me and said something about the show. I think a little fame is nice, but I'm not sure if I would like it if everywhere I went people recognized me. I don't think that's going to be a problem.

25. Are there any funny bloopers or goofs that happened on set that you could retell? (lots of people)
                          The funniest ones are of course those I can't really tell, but there often are some pretty big goofs that happen since there is so much action in the show. Usually when a stunt puppet is involved there are some pretty spectacular accidents. Trixie was going down the slide in a wagon and had some pretty horrible wipe outs. I ran into the camera during one of my exits. That was quite something.

26. In real life, are you stingy like Stingy? (Shoobop-Shoobop)
                          I'm not as clean as he is and I don't like collecting things, but I think we may manage money in a similar way. (except I keep money in a bank, not in a pig)

27. Which one of the cast members is your favourite to work with? (jonm84)
                          Julie Westwood usually performs Stingy's hands when he has live hands. We work really well together. We don't even have to talk about the action we just read each other and make the performance connect. Also, we laugh a lot when things don't go well (such as sticking a straw in his eyeball instead of his mouth).

28. Are the puppets heavy? (ginnyn)
                          Very heavy. Especially Bessie.

29. How do you create your Stingy accent? (ginnyn)
                          When I first was coming up with Stingy's voice he was actually more robotic sounding. Then I found certain words he says differently like "gold". For me, putting the puppet on really completes the voice. When I see that face on screen that's the voice that comes out. It's so natural to me now, I don't really even think about it.

30. Would you like to know more about Stingy's backstory, such as his family and how they got rich etc.? (merlin55)
                          I don't think so. He used to have the last name "Spoilero" and we have never used that and I like it better that he doesn't have a specific last name because it leaves things more open. I like building the backstory as we go along. When I first started the character all I had to go on really was that he was selfish. Then we get into different situations and discover new things about him. One day, he started talking to Piggy, for instance. That wasn't in the script but it felt right. He loves his stuff so much that he talks to it. So we developed that and it became part of his story.

31. Is there any information you can give us about the new mini-episodes? (lots of people)
                          Stingy and the Mayor do a segment in each episode which involves the "advice of the day". With these two characters you can just imagine some of the bizarre scenarios which leads to the advice. Stephanie will do some dancing. Sportacus will do some cool moves. I'm excited to see the pieces all put together.

Comment

Re: Jodi Eichelberger's Interview Part 2

This was much better.

It sounds like the lazytown extras are gonna be kinda weak

Comment

A lot of interesting information, thanks for the interview!

Comment

Hm, quite interesting. Interesting that we're getting a new theme tune.

...Stingy Spoilero... nah

Comment

Working...
                                X