A LazyTown game, you say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A LazyTown game, you say?

I think I've got one around here somewhere...

http://www.mediafire.com/?eqxgrekxxnj

Enjoy.
    Or don't.
    But let me know either way.

Re: A LazyTown game, you say?

Nicely done.

Comment

Wait, so did you make this or what.

Comment

Originally posted by W32
        Nicely done.
        I thank you. :)

Originally posted by ooozmin
        Wait, so did you make this or what.
        Read the title card and decide for yourself.

Originally posted by jobe
        haha dude this is awesome, can you make a Law of the West version were you play as Sportacus next?
        I originally was going to make this one Monkey Island style where you play as Steph (which explains the command icons), but I suck at pixel art almost as much as I do at regular art.
        That's why I used screens instead of drawing my own backgrounds, but then the character sprites looked out of place, so I decided to go for the first-person thing instead.

I tried to keep it pretty much canon, and that coupled with the fact that I was learning the scripting language as I went along means it turned out pretty basic, so I'm glad you like it. :)

Comment

Hey, that was pretty awesome! I'm still playing some more of it I'm jealous of your 1337 skills by the way. I'd love to learn how to make my own vidya games :( If you stick to it, you can make some really awesome stuff. Seriously though, I liked it! It wasn't full of glitches and crap either!

Comment

Conglaturation!

Good job!

That was pretty good, it reminded me of the old Sierra games too. Like the narrator saying stuff about your actions. There was even a little Robbie in there. Maybe that could be another game, one of Robbie's stunts. He calls up that magical phone number for an assistant to help with one of his latest plans! Or you can just play as Robbie. Although that would be quite difficult to script and such.

I say use MP3s anyways since the latter adventure games had voices and fancy music. MIDIs would be pretty cool though. The last time I checked, the best way to get a MIDI was to create them yourself, like doing the piano. Some programs I used a long time ago made some bad MIDIs out of MP3s. Here are some samples with one of the programs I used a long time ago: http://anonym.to/?http://www.intellisco ... nload.html . Mixed results, so I guess it can sound ok. The first sample they have sounds like it's all over the place.

Anyhoo, did you use AGS to make this game? Was it difficult to learn how to script all that?

Oh, good job on the cutscenes, they looked pretty good. About the move icon, it looked a little confusing since both feet aren't about ready to walk.

Comment

Originally posted by DawnStar
              If you stick to it, you can make some really awesome stuff. Seriously though, I liked it! It wasn't full of glitches and crap either!
              Well, thank you.
              I'm glad you like it. :)

Originally posted by Dr. Joe
              There was even a little Robbie in there. Maybe that could be another game, one of Robbie's stunts. He calls up that magical phone number for an assistant to help with one of his latest plans!
              That's a good idea. I might just steal that.

I say use MP3s anyways since the latter adventure games had voices and fancy music. MIDIs would be pretty cool though. The last time I checked, the best way to get a MIDI was to create them yourself, like doing the piano. Some programs I used a long time ago made some bad MIDIs out of MP3s.
              I've got nothing against using MP3s per se, it's just that they'd make the filesize balloon, which is really unnecessary for such a short game... or something.
              Plus they'd be more difficult to loop, blend, yadda yadda yadda.

That program looks interesting.
              You wouldn't happen to know where I can get hold of a free copy (or something similar), would you?
              Even if the results aren't great, they'd at least give me something to build off of instead of having to start each song from scratch.

Anyhoo, did you use AGS to make this game? Was it difficult to learn how to script all that?
              That's the one.
              It took me four or five days to do it, but the whole first day was spent trying to make it Monkey Island style.

As for difficulty - I found it really tough for the first few days, as I just couldn't get my head round the language.
              But then it suddenly clicked for no apparent reason, and it was smooth sailing from there.

About the move icon, it looked a little confusing since both feet aren't about ready to walk.
              Yeah, I know. :)
              But it was either that or just one foot on its own, which might have been more confusing.

I dunno.
              I wasn't even sure if I'd finish this, so I'll spend more time choosing the graphics for the next one.

Comment

Here's where you might be able to get the MIDI program, you didn't get it from me. ;)

Link where I found it: http://tinyurl.com/3aeu9l

I remembered something I totally overlooked about that program, you should be able to choose which 'instrument' to cut in the midi. So if an instrument is bothersome, gone-zo!

Originally posted by Ultra Maggi
                That's the one.
                It took me four or five days to do it, but the whole first day was spent trying to make it Monkey Island style.

As for difficulty - I found it really tough for the first few days, as I just couldn't get my head round the language.
                But then it suddenly clicked for no apparent reason, and it was smooth sailing from there.
                I imagined myself taking a month to learn it. :) So it's possible to learn enough make a quick game, cool! About the brain clicking, there was a NOVA Science Now! program segment that said when you "sleep on it" (an idea!), your brain works on it. Like learning a new skill, after you sleep on it, you will most likely be better the next day than you were yesterday. Let that be a lesson kids, get some sleep!

About the move icon, I've been thinking about my first time with an adventure game, I think I assumed the foot meant "kick". You might be right that a single foot might be more confusing. I think I'll try to learn a little AGS so I that I can attempt to help you. :) It might be fun to learn it!

Comment

Thou art thankéd for thine lynkery, good sir.

I think I'll try to learn a little AGS so I that I can attempt to help you. :) It might be fun to learn it!
                  Cool beans! The more the merrier.

There's a step-by-step tutorial for creating a basic one-room game on the AGS site.
                  What I had trouble with was bridging the gap between that and the next set of guides.

I'd look up how to do somethig, and it'd say (for instance) "use the player changes room function", in response to which I would think "okay, but how?"
                  I'm guessing that the way they assume that you know means that it'd be blindingly obvious to anyone less retarded* than myself, but there you go.

As I said, mid-way through it all the penny dropped for me, so if you do give it a go and you get stuck with something, just give me a shout and I'll try to help.

*Or possibly just less on drugs.

Comment

I found a bug.

It seems I forgot to disable one of the testing features before releasing the first version, so those of you who have played it may find a new empty folder inside My Docs. Well, not mine - yours.
                    Apologies for that.

Anyway, now I have got version 1.2 ready, and it can be found here.

Have fun, kids.

Comment

Hey this is pretty cool! I like the "oldschool" feel to it, and funny quips that were said when clicking on the scenery. Oddly enough I began working on a LazyTown adventure game myself recently too... I guess LazyTown just lends itself to point and click games? Though...now that I see one's already being made not sure if I should continue or not, though unlike yours, mine is not as canon.

Meh, anyway... good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pogostick
                        Hey this is pretty cool! I like the "oldschool" feel to it, and funny quips that were said when clicking on the scenery. Oddly enough I began working on a LazyTown adventure game myself recently too... I guess LazyTown just lends itself to point and click games? Though...now that I see one's already being made not sure if I should continue or not, though unlike yours, mine is not as canon.

Meh, anyway... good stuff!
                        I say go for it anyways. More adventure fun for all! I think it's pretty cool that you were working on one too. Were you using AGS too?

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pogostick
                          Oddly enough I began working on a LazyTown adventure game myself recently too... I guess LazyTown just lends itself to point and click games? Though...now that I see one's already being made not sure if I should continue or not, though unlike yours, mine is not as canon.
                          Yeah, go for it!
                          Unless through some freak occurrence they end up being exactly the same, you can never have too many.

Comment

So I can see the cat meow but can't get to it? The game isn't developed any farther I'm guessing? If you get time I can't wait to see what else you can add! I definetly like the "canon" you have so far. Next you should somehow have the player having to alert sportacus via the mailbox that Robbie is up to some plan and you guys have to stop him togethor or Sportacus gives you a mission..or w/e.

I still hope someday a fan (because god knows LTE won't do it) makes 3-d game where you can run around Grand Theft Auto style through lazytown...ride in stingys car......flip around.....go into buildings...climb up into the airship......etc......(minus the hookers, muggings, etc haha)

Comment

wow, ok I just played this. WOW! COOLNESS!

no sound :(

Comment

Working...
                              X