Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LAZY MEMBER
    Level 29 - Villain Number One
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time
    03:30

A LazyTown game, you say?

I think I've got one around here somewhere...

http://www.mediafire.com/?eqxgrekxxnj

Enjoy.
    Or don't.
    But let me know either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianna Rose Official
    GetLazy is our next target it will be closed very shortly.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Re: A LazyTown game, you say?

Nicely done.

Former Moderator LAZY MEMBER
    Level 30 - Stepher
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Wait, so did you make this or what.

Get Lazy's #1 fugitive!

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by W32
    Nicely done.
    I thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ooozmin
    Wait, so did you make this or what.
    Read the title card and decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by jobe
    haha dude this is awesome, can you make a Law of the West version were you play as Sportacus next?
    I originally was going to make this one Monkey Island style where you play as Steph (which explains the command icons), but I suck at pixel art almost as much as I do at regular art.
    That's why I used screens instead of drawing my own backgrounds, but then the character sprites looked out of place, so I decided to go for the first-person thing instead.

I tried to keep it pretty much canon, and that coupled with the fact that I was learning the scripting language as I went along means it turned out pretty basic, so I'm glad you like it.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 25 - You Are A Pirate!
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Hey, that was pretty awesome! I'm still playing some more of it I'm jealous of your 1337 skills by the way. I'd love to learn how to make my own vidya games If you stick to it, you can make some really awesome stuff. Seriously though, I liked it! It wasn't full of glitches and crap either!

Moderator LAZY MEMBER
    Level 28 - Friend For Life
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Conglaturation!

Good job!

That was pretty good, it reminded me of the old Sierra games too. Like the narrator saying stuff about your actions. There was even a little Robbie in there. Maybe that could be another game, one of Robbie's stunts. He calls up that magical phone number for an assistant to help with one of his latest plans! Or you can just play as Robbie. Although that would be quite difficult to script and such.

I say use MP3s anyways since the latter adventure games had voices and fancy music. MIDIs would be pretty cool though. The last time I checked, the best way to get a MIDI was to create them yourself, like doing the piano. Some programs I used a long time ago made some bad MIDIs out of MP3s. Here are some samples with one of the programs I used a long time ago: http://anonym.to/?http://www.intellisco ... nload.html . Mixed results, so I guess it can sound ok. The first sample they have sounds like it's all over the place.

Anyhoo, did you use AGS to make this game? Was it difficult to learn how to script all that?

Oh, good job on the cutscenes, they looked pretty good. About the move icon, it looked a little confusing since both feet aren't about ready to walk.

*Thanks to Ultra Magnus for Nindanjoe.

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by DawnStar
    If you stick to it, you can make some really awesome stuff. Seriously though, I liked it! It wasn't full of glitches and crap either!
    Well, thank you.
    I'm glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Joe
    There was even a little Robbie in there. Maybe that could be another game, one of Robbie's stunts. He calls up that magical phone number for an assistant to help with one of his latest plans!
    That's a good idea. I might just steal that.

I say use MP3s anyways since the latter adventure games had voices and fancy music. MIDIs would be pretty cool though. The last time I checked, the best way to get a MIDI was to create them yourself, like doing the piano. Some programs I used a long time ago made some bad MIDIs out of MP3s.
    I've got nothing against using MP3s per se, it's just that they'd make the filesize balloon, which is really unnecessary for such a short game... or something.
    Plus they'd be more difficult to loop, blend, yadda yadda yadda.

That program looks interesting.
    You wouldn't happen to know where I can get hold of a free copy (or something similar), would you?
    Even if the results aren't great, they'd at least give me something to build off of instead of having to start each song from scratch.

Anyhoo, did you use AGS to make this game? Was it difficult to learn how to script all that?
    That's the one.
    It took me four or five days to do it, but the whole first day was spent trying to make it Monkey Island style.

As for difficulty - I found it really tough for the first few days, as I just couldn't get my head round the language.
    But then it suddenly clicked for no apparent reason, and it was smooth sailing from there.

About the move icon, it looked a little confusing since both feet aren't about ready to walk.
    Yeah, I know.
    But it was either that or just one foot on its own, which might have been more confusing.

I dunno.
    I wasn't even sure if I'd finish this, so I'll spend more time choosing the graphics for the next one.

Moderator LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Here's where you might be able to get the MIDI program, you didn't get it from me.

Link where I found it: http://tinyurl.com/3aeu9l

I remembered something I totally overlooked about that program, you should be able to choose which 'instrument' to cut in the midi. So if an instrument is bothersome, gone-zo!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Maggi
    That's the one.
    It took me four or five days to do it, but the whole first day was spent trying to make it Monkey Island style.

As for difficulty - I found it really tough for the first few days, as I just couldn't get my head round the language.
    But then it suddenly clicked for no apparent reason, and it was smooth sailing from there.
    I imagined myself taking a month to learn it. So it's possible to learn enough make a quick game, cool! About the brain clicking, there was a NOVA Science Now! program segment that said when you "sleep on it" (an idea!), your brain works on it. Like learning a new skill, after you sleep on it, you will most likely be better the next day than you were yesterday. Let that be a lesson kids, get some sleep!

About the move icon, I've been thinking about my first time with an adventure game, I think I assumed the foot meant "kick". You might be right that a single foot might be more confusing. I think I'll try to learn a little AGS so I that I can attempt to help you. It might be fun to learn it!

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Thou art thankéd for thine lynkery, good sir.

I think I'll try to learn a little AGS so I that I can attempt to help you. It might be fun to learn it!
    Cool beans! The more the merrier.

There's a step-by-step tutorial for creating a basic one-room game on the AGS site.
    What I had trouble with was bridging the gap between that and the next set of guides.

I'd look up how to do somethig, and it'd say (for instance) "use the player changes room function", in response to which I would think "okay, but how?"
    I'm guessing that the way they assume that you know means that it'd be blindingly obvious to anyone less retarded* than myself, but there you go.

As I said, mid-way through it all the penny dropped for me, so if you do give it a go and you get stuck with something, just give me a shout and I'll try to help.

*Or possibly just less on drugs.

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

I found a bug.

It seems I forgot to disable one of the testing features before releasing the first version, so those of you who have played it may find a new empty folder inside My Docs. Well, not mine - yours.
    Apologies for that.

Anyway, now I have got version 1.2 ready, and it can be found here.

Have fun, kids.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Hey this is pretty cool! I like the "oldschool" feel to it, and funny quips that were said when clicking on the scenery. Oddly enough I began working on a LazyTown adventure game myself recently too... I guess LazyTown just lends itself to point and click games? Though...now that I see one's already being made not sure if I should continue or not, though unlike yours, mine is not as canon.

Meh, anyway... good stuff!
    "There's always a way"

Moderator LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Pogostick
    Hey this is pretty cool! I like the "oldschool" feel to it, and funny quips that were said when clicking on the scenery. Oddly enough I began working on a LazyTown adventure game myself recently too... I guess LazyTown just lends itself to point and click games? Though...now that I see one's already being made not sure if I should continue or not, though unlike yours, mine is not as canon.

Meh, anyway... good stuff!
    I say go for it anyways. More adventure fun for all! I think it's pretty cool that you were working on one too. Were you using AGS too?

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Pogostick
    Oddly enough I began working on a LazyTown adventure game myself recently too... I guess LazyTown just lends itself to point and click games? Though...now that I see one's already being made not sure if I should continue or not, though unlike yours, mine is not as canon.
    Yeah, go for it!
    Unless through some freak occurrence they end up being exactly the same, you can never have too many.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 16 - Sportaposter
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

So I can see the cat meow but can't get to it? The game isn't developed any farther I'm guessing? If you get time I can't wait to see what else you can add! I definetly like the "canon" you have so far. Next you should somehow have the player having to alert sportacus via the mailbox that Robbie is up to some plan and you guys have to stop him togethor or Sportacus gives you a mission..or w/e.

I still hope someday a fan (because god knows LTE won't do it) makes 3-d game where you can run around Grand Theft Auto style through lazytown...ride in s car......flip around.....go into buildings...climb up into the airship......etc......(minus the hookers, muggings, etc haha)

Level 30 - Stepher
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

wow, ok I just played this. WOW! COOLNESS!

no sound

Get Lazy's #1 fugitive!

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Wow...that is one cool game, Ultra Magnus! Awesome job! It was actually A LOT of fun! I really liked the fact that it was canon...makes it more professional, you know? I wish I could make a game like that. But until then, keep up the GREAT work!! It's fantastic so far, I can't wait to play more!

Moderator LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by merlin55
    So I can see the cat meow but can't get to it? The game isn't developed any farther I'm guessing? If you get time I can't wait to see what else you can add! I definetly like the "canon" you have so far. Next you should somehow have the player having to alert sportacus via the mailbox that Robbie is up to some plan and you guys have to stop him togethor or Sportacus gives you a mission..or w/e.

I still hope someday a fan (because god knows LTE won't do it) makes 3-d game where you can run around Grand Theft Auto style through lazytown...ride in s car......flip around.....go into buildings...climb up into the airship......etc......(minus the hookers, muggings, etc haha)
    Did you get the Conglaturation! screen?

A GTA style LazyTown sounds interesting, but I wonder if it would be fun after a certain amount of time. Like how some games are fun for the first few hours, then it gets repetitive after that. It would take a lot of work to make that kind of game fun, LTE will definately not do that. Would implementing Wii stuff (like the mat) make the game more fun or make feel gimmicky? If I had the money, time, and power, I would do some research and development with that.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 16 - Sportaposter
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

I didn't get to know congratulations screen. where??

Well Nindanjoe, I think if enough gameplay and a big enogh gamemap was made it could last long time. (lets see, theres the town and all its villages that could be made, inside and outs, robbies lair, airship, maybe even the mountains, fields and lakes on the outskirts. Heck you'd could always add on to the town with more random little houses haha.)

I think a game where you could fly the airship around and try out the skychaser and skutla/podracer thing would just be epic!

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 6 - Stingy Poster
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Really pretty! Good idea the short cuts of video. I really enjoyed playing that. It made me smile
    http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6...phanie2ww9.jpg
    http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/656...p569116bo3.png
    Sorry for my english, I'm italian, and my english sucks
    Membro del SSIGT (scusate, ma tutta la frase non entrava XD)

Moderator LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

I didn't get to know congratulations screen. where??

Well Nindanjoe, I think if enough gameplay and a big enogh gamemap was made it could last long time. (lets see, theres the town and all its villages that could be made, inside and outs, robbies lair, airship, maybe even the mountains, fields and lakes on the outskirts. Heck you'd could always add on to the town with more random little houses haha.)

I think a game where you could fly the airship around and try out the skychaser and skutla/podracer thing would just be epic!
    There was some old fashioned back tracking in Ultra Magnus' game, did you see the video with Sportacus jumping up the tree to get the kitten? That should be the last video before the Conglaturation! screen. Oh yeah, did you also get the soccer ball so that Sportacus could violently get the apple?

That's true about the GTA stuff, I've never played a GTA game before so I don't know what makes it work. It would be interesting to have all that and maybe have an extension to the town or exploring other towns that fit with the LazyTown with brand new original stories! Like Sportacus' predecessor! Heh, a kid-friendly GTA game, that would be interesting.

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Hey! Spoilers, people!

Aaaaaaanyway...
    Thanks a lot for all the compliments, guys.
    I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

The full game is slowly but surely coming to fruition.
    (That's where I've been, lately.)

Merlin:-
    Did you talk to Stingy?
    It should all be pretty straight-forward after that.

Oooooooooooooozmin:-
    Are you playing the first version, or 1.2?
    The first version didn't have sound, but 1.2 does.
    If you are playing 1.2, is anyone else having trouble with the sound?

While I'm here...
    Do we have any budding fanfic writers who might be interested in helping me develop the story line, etc?
    Full credit, immortality and the undying admiration of the entire human race await you...
    PM me if so.

Same goes for you, Dr. Joe, if you're still interested.
    And anyone else who may have something to offer and wants in on the glory, even if it's just an idea or two.

No hassle if not, but it'd be finished a lot faster if it weren't just myself.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 16 - Sportaposter
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Well I usually have more then like 2 hours of free time every night for just LT stuff so post here, pm me, whatever, with specifics about what you need help on or how to do it I would be more then willing to give it a go.

I have went all over the town (from the mailbox screen to the garden screen) and couldn't go anywhere else and saw no kids...the whole town is empty lol. and I see no vids or anyway to get to vids, so WTH are you all talking about???

I downloaded the 2nd version, put all 4 of the files in the .rar in one folder, and clicked NEWKIDDEMO1.2.EXE or whatever.
    Do I need to install something else or something?

Level 30 - Stepher
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

I still have to play through the game, I just loaded it up and it was amazing...then I closed it haha.

Get Lazy's #1 fugitive!

Moderator LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Well I usually have more then like 2 hours of free time every night for just LT stuff so post here, pm me, whatever, with specifics about what you need help on or how to do it I would be more then willing to give it a go.

I have went all over the town (from the mailbox screen to the garden screen) and couldn't go anywhere else and saw no kids...the whole town is empty lol. and I see no vids or anyway to get to vids, so WTH are you all talking about???

I downloaded the 2nd version, put all 4 of the files in the .rar in one folder, and clicked NEWKIDDEMO1.2.EXE or whatever.
    Do I need to install something else or something?
    Non-spoiler hint: How would Stingy feel about you touching stuff in his garden?

Reminds me of when I first played adventure games, not only do you have to figure out the goal, but you also have to figure out what do. So try out all the touch, talk, and look controls on everything!

You don't need to install anything, you did everything right to start the game. Version 1.2 is the full screen version and took a couple seconds to load, for me at least.

I'm not a fanfic writer, but I think I can help with the discussing of some story ideas.

EDIT: Playing through again, I see that you already have a few ideas going on there. I see some foreshadowing.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 14 - Sportscandy
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

i'd touch 's stuff in his garden.