No announcement yet.

Lazytown Extra 2008 starting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 Lazytown production (26 new episodes)

Let it fly!

Interesting news, I wonder how it will turn out. Thanks for the translation work. 6 minute episodes sounds like some kind of online series.

Comment

Not a problem. Let me know if there's anything else important to be juggled into English. I've got a bunch of articles queued up, but limited time given everything else, y'know? :/

Comment

thanks so much guys juliannaz gonna be pretty old by the time this is done hehehe i share a bday with her MAY 26th!!!!!!

Comment

6 minute episodes? Thats kinda weak. I hope they are good though.

Comment

Originally posted by ForGreatJustin
            6 minute episodes? Thats kinda weak. I hope they are good though.
            As long as they end with Bing bang im all good.

Comment

Oh? How so?

From what I've seen in my dealings with them, it isn't LTE doing the crushing... although, to be honest, they seem rather incompetent at dealing with licensing and broadcasting companies. Every person I talk to seems utterly bamboozled that LT isn't airing and flourishing everywhere. I'm wondering if they're actually that clueless, or if the higher ups aren't telling the lower ones the bad news while they scurry to fix things.

Comment

How about only releasing LazyTown on HD VMD?

Absolutely ridiculous. That's stupider than if they'd released it on HD DVD.

Comment

Re: 2008 Lazytown production (26 new mini-episodes)

Frankly, I think this show would have had better success over here in America if they sold the show to PBS and stayed away from American Networks and distributors. I pretty much live off of PBS especially the British comedies. Network T.V. sucks balls. And guess what? No junk food commercials either! I'm sure the junk food lobby isn't too happy with that show either hence another hurdle to mount.

From my observations about American Networks and Distributors, if they can't have a say in a shows creative development and or make it more appealing to American advertisers (junk food lobby again), they just don't want to know. My first insight into that control was from reading an article about Star Trek TOS (the original series). CBS wanted that show to be a space western. So Gene Roddenberry had to compromised if he ever wanted that show to see the light of day. I can bet Magnús isn't willing to do bend over like that.

My hope is with the HD broadcast revolution and the dissolving of the ancient 13 channel limit on broadcast airwaves. Although, I haven't really read up on the HD broadcast technical aspects, I am ignorantly hoping and wishing it makes T.V. broadcasting more like radio or better yet HAM radio where any tom dick or harry with a signal can air their show. No need for paying cable or the reliance on only a few networks for free.

Here's a novel idea, it probably would have done even better if it became a Youtube exclusive series.

Okay fire away!
                  http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

I won't care about the whole 6 minutes if we get a new song every episode, but its unlikely...

Still good news though!

Comment

This is great news!
                      I can't wait!

Comment

Thanks for sharing this with us. I hope the episodes turn out good for being that short.

Comment

Awesome news! If they add more songs, I'll be extremely happy, if not, of well :/

Comment

Yay, more stuff I won't be able to watch legally. I've seen it happen time and time again: I tend to be attracted to foreign produced shows, and they always get the boot early in favor of the network's original series. Still baffles me that LTE won't do anything about it.

Anyway, I'd like to see these someday. Sounds fun.

Comment

Originally posted by sylvanas
                              From what I've seen in my dealings with them, it isn't LTE doing the crushing... although, to be honest, they seem rather incompetent at dealing with licensing and broadcasting companies. Every person I talk to seems utterly bamboozled that LT isn't airing and flourishing everywhere. I'm wondering if they're actually that clueless, or if the higher ups aren't telling the lower ones the bad news while they scurry to fix things.
                              Exactly my thoughts. I was talking this exact topic out with a friend of mine and we both were like, "how the hell can they not realize it's not doing well in the U.S. market!" shouldn't you know how each of your markets are doing at all times? Seriously WTF...

Comment

Just a little more confirmation of this story.

The local newspaper in Bolton, Lancashire, where actress and puppeteer Julie Westwood (Bessie Busybody) lives, is reporting that she is leaving today for Iceland to take part in a 7 week filming trip for Lazytown.....

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/ ... celand.php

I guess the others must also be on their way. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X