Tomas Tomasson blog about LazyTown Extra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomas Tomasson blog about LazyTown Extra

Re: 2008 Lazytown production (26 new mini-episodes)

Tomas Tomasson has just written a new entry in his blog concerning the current filming - again, Icelandic, but more interesting is the link to High Definition Magazine article (English) which includes what may be the first pics we have seen of the new filming.

tomastomasson.blog.is-blog-tomastomasson/ (blog)

Coverage of the third Latabær series in HighDef Magazine - 10 april 2008

The coverage is by its nature a lot of "technique-runk", but what they thought was interesting was that in Latabæ they were shooting "multi-camerastile" on Thomson Viper HighDefinition cameras (multi-camerastyle = each scene is shot on 3 cameras at once) . It was not known that this had been done before in the world. The full article can be read by visiting: highdef2008.pdf
    -www.filmus.is-tomas-def30p42.pdf (mag. article)

hell yea, more mayor meanswell wig.

also: Stingy looks different. (better though.)

Comment

Thanks for the mag article.

It seems Lazy is the last word running through the production team's heads, having to deal with all the complexity of the cameras and stuff lol

Is that wig on the Mayors head old? if not, I wonder who's look they also changed a bit for season three, I'm betting Stephanie's will be one of em, since she grew up some, prob adjusted her costume a bit.

Comment

i don't think they're new pics, the pic of mayor and bessie looks like its taken from pixel T.V,

Comment

Originally posted by gem25
          i don't think they're new pics, the pic of mayor and bessie looks like its taken from pixel T.V,
          Stingy wasn't in the TV studio in Pixel TV was he?

Comment

Yeah, there from season 2

Comment

Originally posted by mizz_pink
              BUT STINGY WAS NO WHERE NEAR THE STUDIO IN PIXEL TV! HE HAD A COOKING SHOW WITH ZIGGY!

Comment

[quote=sportagirl_10.5]
                Originally posted by "mizz_pink":0b4ef
                BUT STINGY WAS NO WHERE NEAR THE STUDIO IN PIXEL TV! HE HAD A COOKING SHOW WITH ZIGGY![/quote:0b4ef]
                :objection: Nice observation!

Comment

[quote=Vyser]
                  Originally posted by sportagirl_10.5
                  Originally posted by "mizz_pink":d872f
                  BUT STINGY WAS NO WHERE NEAR THE STUDIO IN PIXEL TV! HE HAD A COOKING SHOW WITH ZIGGY!
                  :objection: Nice observation![/quote:d872f]

See, here on Get Lazy every fan should know every episode inside out. We should introduce GCSEs in LazyTown or something.

Comment

[quote=sportagirl_10.5][quote=Vyser]
                    Originally posted by "sportagirl_10.5":82828
                    Originally posted by "mizz_pink":82828
                    :objection: Nice observation![/quote:82828]

See, here on Get Lazy every fan should know every episode inside out. We should introduce GCSEs in LazyTown or something.[/quote:82828]
                    Perhaps it's my lack of sleep, but what exactly does GCSE mean?

Comment

Originally posted by sportagirl_10.5
                      See, here on Get Lazy every fan should know every episode inside out. We should introduce GCSEs in LazyTown or something.
                      i'd get the best score ever.

And yea, Stingy was in a cooking show with Ziggy in that episode. The only time he was in that studio, was when he was filming Stephanie doing Bing Bang ( )

Comment

[quote=Vyser][quote=sportagirl_10.5]
                        Originally posted by Vyser
                        Originally posted by "sportagirl_10.5":70dc4
                        Originally posted by "mizz_pink":70dc4
                        :objection: Nice observation!
                        See, here on Get Lazy every fan should know every episode inside out. We should introduce GCSEs in LazyTown or something.[/quote:70dc4]
                        Perhaps it's my lack of sleep, but what exactly does GCSE mean?[/quote:70dc4]

It's the exams in Britain that you take when you are 15/16 - General Certificate of Secondary Education.

Comment

Ah, no wonder I didn't know what that meant. Thanks for telling me.

Comment

Originally posted by HD Magazine
                            We had divided the studio in two halves and one Thomson Viper FilmStream camera was in both of them, so we could shoot in Studio A while lining up lighting and practising in studio B (and vice versa) without having to move the camera, and everything that involved with it, between studios. This worked perfectly because throughout the production we had all the talent in the studio.
                            So:-
                            a) the kitchen set was likely right next to the TV studio set at one time,
                            b) Jodi was there with Stingy throughout filming anyway,
                            c) as Racoon said, Stingy was there during Bing Bang.

It may not actually be part of the episode, but that doesn't mean the picture's not from Pixel TV.
                            It could be just the puppeteers screwing around between shots, or maybe it was a proper scene that just got cut.

But this makes me think, maybe the whole of the "LT Extra" season will be done like Pixel TV, with each ep being a different character's show.
                            It's a format that would certainly lend itself to 6-minute segments, plus Jodi said in his interview "the current production is a very different format so I think it allows for you to get to know the characters a lot better."

Hmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
                              But this makes me think, maybe the whole of the "LT Extra" season will be done like Pixel TV, with each ep being a different character's show.
                              I was thinking along the same lines myself - it certainly would be a reasonable guess given the "filler" nature of the episodes.
                              Tomas also mentions mixing in old footage, so we could be seeing the Mayor & Bessie doing news reports of old incidents with a bit more story "depth".
                              Or then again, I may be completely wrong.

After a quick look at "Pixel TV" on ginnyn's streaming site, there are a few differences between that and the pic on HD mag - I count at least 5 - paper, tie, earpiece, background wall and Bessie with jacket. Can anybody spot some more???

Comment

Working...
                              X