Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in helping with fansite projects, lazywiki?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interested in helping with a project or two?

Originally posted by nindanjoe
    I'm also interested if there's a certain criteria to be met. Like with some of the screenshots I got to replace some of Robbie's disguises just has his face with some upper body instead of his full body. Thanks for the Dr. Joe, by the way. :)
    I'm a little conflicted about that, to be honest.
    While it is nice to see the whole ensemble, when a full body shot is scaled down to 250px to fit on a page the character often becomes too small in the middle of the frame. Plus, not many outfits are too interesting from the waist down.
    So yeah, a torso shot is usually better, even though it's not the full view of the disguise.

But at the moment the only criterion is that the screenshots should be in widescreen, at least superficially.

And I've been calling you Dr. Joe for... a while now.
    When I have to type your name, that is.
    Like this...

Originally posted by Dr. Joe
    Originally posted by nightlife27
    From my understanding, the LazyWiki project is more covering the official canon of LT, where Razoth's project is more a fandom archive. Am I misunderstanding?
    That's true, currently the LazyWiki just has facts and trivia and stuff. I am interested in seeing if it can be expanded to have translated works, or another place to have that kind of stuff; like the fansubs. :) It's worth a try, not as much scripting will be needed if the Wiki code is already there.
    Totally.
    The only reason it is mostly just canon at the mo is that it makes sense to get the basics done first.
    But the more people that help, the quicker we can get the basics down and the more we can expand the whole project.

Comment

I guess what I actually mean is what needs to be added I don't have the capablity to do. I have no idea how to add the layouts for the episode pages that are not done. (bolded fonts, pictures, borders, etc)

and when it comes to episode summaries, I just don't feel I can do a very good job at that. I just added a PROLOUGE for secret agent zero and I believe it was a bit too detailed.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin55
        I guess what I actually mean is what needs to be added I don't have the capablity to do. I have no idea how to add the layouts for the episode pages that are not done. (bolded fonts, pictures, borders, etc)...
        If you click the word help in the table on the left (below the wiki logo), you should find all the instructions you need.
        However, I admit that it is quite long and may be somewhat confusing, as we stole the main Help:Editing page from Wikipedia.

Really the best thing to do is to open a page that's already done and just see what's inside, and maybe copy/paste a few things you want to jack for whatever page you're working on.
        That's how I learnt it all when I was but a nub on the 'pedia.*

If you're still not confident, you can always leave it as plain text and I or someone else will come along sooner or later and put in all the markup for you.

As for the amount of detail, it's entirely up to you to decide how much you want to put in.
        If you want to put more, put more. If you want to cut it down, cut it down.

*If anyone's interested, I spent a year editing Wikipedia before I got sick of all the retards (most of whom were admins). I've only made a handful of minor edits there over the past 18 months.

Comment

I think I understand how merlin55 feels, I remember feeling intimidated at the size of the LazyWiki and how much work needed to get done. As Ultra Magnus basically said, experiment with it and learn as you go. Hopefully, I'll get more understanding of this Wiki stuff and then maybe I'll make an article there or a topic here on what LazyWiki articles need to get formatted and written and stuff. Like some people say for a lot of stuff, one step at a time. We all just need to figure out what those steps are!

Comment

Step by Step,
            It will come into view.
            IT'S STEPHER TIME

Comment

Oh Lawd. Is dat some epicness going on. I'll help... maybe... I dunno... possibly. Point me in a direction and I might follow.

Comment

Originally posted by DawnStar
                Oh Lawd. Is dat some epicness going on. I'll help... maybe... I dunno... possibly. Point me in a direction and I might follow.
                I assume you're referring to Razoth's projects and not the wiki, right?

Anyway, if you're looking for something to do, I've got something for you to work on right here.
                You know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Working...
                X