Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in helping with fansite projects, lazywiki?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in helping with fansite projects, lazywiki?

Razoth has been working on a few projects. You can check out her latest exploit with contacting LazyTown Entertainment here and here, or the main page here; all very recent stuff. She's currently working on a website that will archive a bunch of fan stuffs for LazyTown, which is what she needs help. Any help is welcome, she says. It might be possible to intergrate that idea with the LazyWiki. The main reason for this post is to see if there's an interest and for any ideas people might have. :)

Re: Interested in helping with a project or two?

Strange. I always assumed Razoth was a guy.
    It just seems to me like the kind of name that a macho dragon-slayer barbarian type would have in a random fantasy series.
    The kind that guys would name themselves after because it makes them feel cool.
    Shows what I know.

Meanwhile, back on topic...
    Sounds interesting, but I think I'm gonna need more details about what kind of thing she's doing/thinking of.

We could also do with some people to damn well help with the damn wiki, damn it!
    Even if it's just checking grammar and spelling, every little helps.

And subliminal messages are for wimps.

Comment

Everyone always assumes I'm a guy. I'm used to it by now. You're very close with that dragon association, however.

As for the specifics, why don't you come on over? We're doing a lot of discussing in the threads, and some group meeting on AIM and MSN. I've got the list of who's doing what pieces of what projects, and if one of them sounds interesting, you're very welcome to come join in. ^_^

Comment

Well, the LazyWiki could always use new contributions. That's what it's there for: to be an archive of everything LazyTown. Most importantly, to be an easily editable archive.

It won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sylvanas
          Everyone always assumes I'm a guy. I'm used to it by now. You're very close with that dragon association, however.
          I didn't realise you were the same person.
          I always thought you were female with this name.
          I guess that shows that it's nothing in your writing, and that I really am shallow enough to make judgements based solely on a screen name.

Anyway...
          I've never had anything to do with LJ other than reading a couple of posts, so I'm lost there.
          Plus, it seems like I wouldn't exactly fit in over there.
          It's a civilised place full of intellectuals who enjoy scholarly pursuits like writing fiction and creating artworks.
          None so crude and boorish as I, who merely sticks photographs together in a frightfully tasteless fashion.

And I never do any kind of instant messaging/chatting, so that's out.
          As for this list, could you possibly point me to where I might find it?

Originally posted by Xizer
          Well, the LazyWiki could always use new contributions.
          The wiki could do with any contributions, other than my own, and occasionally Ginny's.

Comment

The LJ Comm is actually full of the exact opposite of scholars. That´s why I end up doing everything for everybody. XP

The sarcasm is lovely.

Comment

I'll try to find some time to help with the LazyWiki, I was reluctant to help for some reason. You guys think the LazyWiki can be a project for all of the LazyTown Community (as a whole)?

What kind of work is needed at the Wiki? I just looked around, not sure what I can add.

Comment

Originally posted by sylvanas
                The sarcasm is lovely.
                That's pretty much the definition of sarcasm in my book.

Q: What is sarcasm?
                A: Sarcasm is lovely.

But this time I happen to be serious.
                That is the kind of vibe that LJ puts out, and that certain members like to perpetuate.

I don't mean to create animosity between you lot and myself.
                This is more an observation of various other (mostly non-LT related) LJ users I happen to have stumbled across on my internet travels.

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                I'll try to find some time to help with the LazyWiki, I was reluctant to help for some reason. You guys think the LazyWiki can be a project for all of the LazyTown Community (as a whole)?
                Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be for the whole community from the get-go.
                I recognise a few LJ peeps (including Razoth and Shinju-chan) that have been in the user list since October, so it's obviously been mentioned outside of this place before.

As for help to get you started, I was thinking about making a page about exactly that earlier today.
                So I shall do it now.

Comment

Thanks, Ultra Magnus, I'm checking out the LazyWiki now. :)

EDIT: Cool, thanks for organizing all the Help stuffs. Formulating plans as I type. Muahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                    Thanks, Ultra Magnus, I'm checking out the LazyWiki now. :)

EDIT: Cool, thanks for organizing all the Help stuffs. Formulating plans as I type. Muahahaha!
                    Cool beans.
                    If you want any more help with anything, feel free to contact me.

Comment

I just added a few little things like trivia to certain episodes. I'm not sure what else to add really. I'll try to add more later tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
                        Cool beans.
                        If you want any more help with anything, feel free to contact me.
                        Will do. I'm going to start working on the pictures and stuff. I'll post the candidates for the pictures in the LazyWiki thread to see if they're good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin55
                          I'm not sure what else to add really.
                          You're not the first person who has said that, and I really don't understand it. :?
                          From where I'm sitting, there is a vast, vast amount of potential stuff to be added.
                          Can someone help shed some light on why it's possibly not so... apparent to other people, and how this can be remedied?

Also, can someone tell me why so many people (i.e. everybody) are (or is) reluctant to help at all?
                          My current theory is that they may be averse to working somewhat anonymously in an... open environment (for lack of a better phrase) when they can just as easily post in here or on LJ and have 100% control over everything they write and (perhaps most importantly) get a dozen replies thanking them and giving them 100% credit for it all.
                          Are people really that egotistical/desperate for recognition?

(This is coming from someone who really doesn't understand the way normal people think.)

Originally posted by Dr. Joe
                          I'm going to start working on the pictures and stuff. I'll post the candidates for the pictures in the LazyWiki thread to see if they're good enough.
                          You can if you want, but I'd say just do it. It'll save uploading them twice.
                          I've upped a few crap pics, myself, simply because I don't have anything better at the moment.

If they're really that bad, they can always be replaced when something better comes along.
                          That's why we have the "pictures to replace" category.

Comment

From my understanding, the LazyWiki project is more covering the official canon of LT, where Razoth's project is more a fandom archive. Am I misunderstanding?

Comment

[quote=Ultra Magnus](This is coming from someone who really doesn't understand the way normal people think.)

Originally posted by "Dr. Joe":f5296
                              I'm going to start working on the pictures and stuff. I'll post the candidates for the pictures in the LazyWiki thread to see if they're good enough.
                              You can if you want, but I'd say just do it. It'll save uploading them twice.
                              I've upped a few crap pics, myself, simply because I don't have anything better at the moment.

If they're really that bad, they can always be replaced when something better comes along.
                              That's why we have the "pictures to replace" category. [/quote:f5296]
                              lol, I don't understand people in general, but I'm learning. I'm hoping if I do that, then I'll understand myself some more. :)

Making a post with the pics will give me an excuse to upload the other screenshots I made. And share the method I used to get 'em. :) I'm also interested if there's a certain criteria to be met. Like with some of the screenshots I got to replace some of Robbie's disguises just has his face with some upper body instead of his full body. Thanks for the Dr. Joe, by the way. :)

I was initially lazy to help with the LazyWiki because I thought, "Ah, man, another system to learn." This was after learning how to restore the 24 fps from a 25 fps source. Along with a bunch of AviSynth action. I think I wanted things to be done fast back then, now I'm looking at long term stuff and take it at a normal pace.

Originally posted by nightlife27
                              From my understanding, the LazyWiki project is more covering the official canon of LT, where Razoth's project is more a fandom archive. Am I misunderstanding?
                              That's true, currently the LazyWiki just has facts and trivia and stuff. I am interested in seeing if it can be expanded to have translated works, or another place to have that kind of stuff; like the fansubs. :) It's worth a try, not as much scripting will be needed if the Wiki code is already there.

Comment

Working...
                              X