An important message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An important message

[img]http://img509.**********.us/img509/9835/campaign1fi0.jpg[/img] [img]http://img405.**********.us/img405/8259/campaign2jy9.jpg[/img] [img]http://img405.**********.us/img405/679/campaign3va6.jpg[/img]

Edit: COMEDY!

[img]http://img509.**********.us/img509/9239/campaign4bu2.jpg[/img] [img]http://img509.**********.us/img509/7011/campaign6re2.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img509.**********.us/img509/2705/campaign8us6.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img509.**********.us/img509/9746/campaign5pv4.jpg[/img]

Re: An important message

These...are...real...

Comment

Figures; apparently this originated in Milwaukee.

Originally posted by Ad Designers
      Hi -----,

This ad was not a pedophile ad, rather it was one of several that were tested (but ultimately this particular one did not run) for the United Way of Greater Milwaukee’s teen pregnancy public awareness campaign.

Following is some background for you:

A recent study found that Milwaukee has the 7th highest rate of birth to teens in the country.

In 2006, the United Way of Greater Milwaukee approached Serve, a non-profit advertising agency, to request help in raising awareness about the problem. To date Serve has donated over $800,000 in advertising, PR, web, and media services to this important cause resulting in over a dozen different campaigns (a TV spot, four radio ads, four outdoor campaigns, a website and more) that have been released.

We focused on statutory surprise sex for this particular campaign because in Wisconsin it is a huge part of the teen pregnancy crisis.

In Wisconsin: “71% of babies born to teen girls are fathered by adult males over 20 years old. In 20% of the cases, the fathers are at least six year older than the mothers”

The ads were tested in several focus groups of inner city teens and young adults ages 15-25 (over half of the participants were teens moms, some who personally experienced statutory surprise sex). The campaign tested very well and, in fact, was universally embraced by our target audience for its ability to attract attention and spur in-depth discussion about the pervasive problem of statutory surprise sex. We did recognize however, that audiences outside our target find the campaign highly objectionable, which is why it did not move forward. See focus group video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6qxuUUG_pc

The target audience for this ad is inner city residents ages 14-25

The objective of this tactic is to change public perceptions about the now largely accepted behavior of adult males having sex with young teenage girls and to spur discussion about the issue.

Objective is to make people aware of the problem of statutory surprise sex so that they cannot continue to ignore it.

Our intention is to capture the attention of statutory rapists and let them know, in no uncertain terms, that what they're doing is wrong... it's surprise sex.

We can only be successful in reducing statutory surprise sex and ultimately teen pregnancy, if we can get inner city families (where the problem of teen pregnancy is most prevalent) to talk about statutory surprise sex. In other words we need to first understand that statutory surprise sex is a problem before we can begin to fix it.

FYI: Since we began the campaign, United Way of Greater Milwaukee has received a 67% increase in teen pregnancy prevention program funding.

Comment

Those first 3 pictures are going to give me nightmares, they look like horrible Monsters of Frankensteins.

"If you see a child as anything more, it's wrong" - So if I have a kid, it's wrong to see the potential for greatness in them? It's wrong to see that maybe they can become one of the leaders/authorities in one of the sciences one day? Good thing that ad got stomped, it's kind of offensive to be told what to think...huh, epiphany...now I understand, it seems obvious now, but when you want to question someone's belief, you don't tell them what to think! Dur, I should have known that.

Comment

Originally posted by A very confused person
          This ad was not a pedophile ad, rather it was one of several that were tested for the United Way of Greater Milwaukee’s teen pregnancy public awareness campaign...

The target audience for this ad is inner city residents ages 14-25...

Our intention is to capture the attention of statutory rapists and let them know, in no uncertain terms, that what they're doing is wrong...
          So, they're campaigning towards all of the 14 year old statutory rapists, then?
          The same ones that they're not campaigning towards?

Also, whay are they insisting on calling it "surprise sex"?
          That sounds innocent and harmless and fun, which I'm pretty sure is not their intention.

Alsø alsø, if you haven't seen it, track down a TV show called BrassEye.
          They do a similar bit in an art gallery on the paedo special ep.
          It's good stuff.

Comment

It's like a creature out of Greek Mythology. Head of a girl, body of a woman.

Also the parents who approved their little kids to be in these ads (also isn't that illegal?) need to be slapped. IT MUST BE THE ONLY EXPLANATION, if not then

also rofl @ comedy

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
              "If you see a child as anything more, it's wrong" - So if I have a kid, it's wrong to see the potential for greatness in them? It's wrong to see that maybe they can become one of the leaders/authorities in one of the sciences one day?
              Actually, the message that got through to me is "if you see a girl with a fully matured adult body, and through some twisted nonce logic that leads you to mistake her for an adult, it's your fault."

Especially the middle one. "Just because she has the body..."
              They seem to be actually saying that there are young girls out there that are like this. :?

Comment

Hm, must be a southern-state thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
                  Actually, the message that got through to me is "if you see a girl with a fully matured adult body, and through some twisted nonce logic that leads you to mistake her for an adult, it's your fault."

Especially the middle one. "Just because she has the body..."
                  They seem to be actually saying that there are young girls out there that are like this. :?
                  Heh, it seems my mind goes straight to the potential mis-interpretation of something.

It's interesting that the designers of the ad decided to go this route...we should be afraid of the people behind the ads, they may become predators themselves, if they aren't already. Or if not that, it shows they're ignorance on how predators actually think.

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                    Heh, it seems my mind goes straight to the potential mis-interpretation of something.
                    While mine goes straight to the overly-literal interpretation.

It seems like you and I may have a kind of good cop/bad cop thing going on, here. :)

Comment

Those ads are wrong on so may levels. IMHO I think they would encourage underage sex !

Comment

"Just because she has the body, doesn't mean she has the brain."

Well that's obvious. But since when it's a question of age?

Comment

Since it was decided that arbitrary age limits on rights and responsibility were required to keep enforcement consistent.

And there are probably girls like that out there-they're maturing faster and faster due to all the growth hormones pumped into food and milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita
                            Since it was decided that arbitrary age limits on rights and responsibility were required to keep enforcement consistent.
                            Sigh, just another sexist joke misfired.
                            Ok, let me put it this way: Am I the only one to notice that we have the message: "Don't even look at them, pervert!", delivered with two white girls, whereas we are given something like: "Yeah, she's (sorry) ****able, but just too stupid to cope with it" for the black girl?
                            The creators of these ads are twisted in many ways.

Originally posted by Zokita
                            And there are probably girls like that out there-they're maturing faster and faster due to all the growth hormones pumped into food and milk.
                            Ja. A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice.
                            Zokita, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Zokita, children's ice cream!

Comment

Working...
                            X