X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pick an episode! Any episode! [Make a request from a list]

Thank you, comrade Stalin. :)

SportaSentai, maybe this site will help convince your stepdad: http://www.matroska.org/

It's the official site for Matroska. I can also give him an MD5 (like a fingerprint) of the files so that he can check that for himself. There is also a program called MediaInfo that will allow you to see what codec and audio file in a video file. Link for this is here: http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en . I might be able to supply a small MKV file if your stepdad wants to test it out. It will most likely be a music video encode. Oh, it's also possible to put an XviD encoded video into an MKV file. Hopefully that's more information to think about. :)

In the meantime, I do have the XviD version of Lazy Genie, but I don't have the XviD version of Sportacus on the Move, sort of. Skootch's version did not do a 3:2 Pulldown reversal properly, I might have to ask him to re-do that. Or I can encode the x264 version to XviD, but that will take some time.

yosy, you're welcome. :) I'm assuming you finally got a bunch of episodes that you may have requested before? lazyhearts is one of the folks here in this forum (I'm saying this just in case I missed something. just covering my back, so to speak).

Comment

Thanks SO much, nindanjoe! It's okay if you can't give me the XviD of "Sportacus on the Move" though...I'll settle with a x264. Those files DO work on my computer, but they only give me a green screen when I try to play them (with sound, but without picture). So, that just means I have to use my media converter to get them to an .avi or .wmv, but then they'll be in lesser quality. I did get the other version of "The Lazy Genie" (the x264), but since I noticed that it WAS available in xvid (in better quality, but the link was down), I thought I'd ask...just to take advantage of the higher-quality download.

But if x264 is the only format that I can easily get "Sportacus on the Move", that's okay. :) I don't want you to go through all the trouble to convert it if you don't have to. You do so much with uploading videos anyway, I'd hate to ask you to do more.

From what it looks like to me, it seems like .mkv files work like .rar's. Is there a way you could possibly put "Sportacus on the Move" in an .rar instead of an .mkv?

Oh gosh...I wish there was a way to give back to all the people supplying these episodes, especially you, nindanjoe! Again, I thank you...VERY much!

Comment

Glad I could help, also glad that you got access to the downloads (forgot to say that earlier). :) It should be possible to encode the x264 to XviD with AviSynth, which might take about 2 to 3 hours. That's interesting about being able to play the .rar files, you're not supposed to be able to! In a way, both .mkv and .rar are containers. However, .rar is supposed to be a compression format. You can install WinRAR to extract the contents, 7-Zip should also work.

Links for them programs:
        http://anonym.to/?http://www.win-rar.com/
        http://www.7-zip.org/

Good luck!

Comment

Yeah, I got access to the download section thanks to EdisLeado.

Anyway, thanks for the links! I think the reason that I can extract .rar files is because I already have a program called "WinZip" that extracts .rar files too.

However, do you know of a program that extracts .mkv's? (in somewhat the same way?) I looked around on the links you gave me, and searched the internet a bit and found nothing.

Comment

Cool. :)

I forgot about WinZip! There should be 3 different file types that I put in the .rar files. They should be .avi, .mkv, or .mp4. Now that I remember, Lazy Genie should be .mp4, but it still plays with the same requirements as a .mkv file. I think my example was bad for what a .mkv is. A .avi file is the same as a .mkv except a .mkv has more options and functions. And going back even further, a .avi file is like a digital envelope or box with 1 video track and 1 audio track. In order to play them, you will need a codec to "understand" this digital envelope and another program to operated the envelope. A compression format, like .rar or .zip, is similar to a box that can hold anything except you can crush it, or compress it :), and have the ability to bring out the exact contents out without a scratch!

Anyhoo, what do you to play these files and what programs do you use? Maybe I can give you help tailored to your situation. It is possible to extract the contents of a .mkv file, in the video and audio world that's called demuxing. I was going to make a how-to guide around here with MKVExtract (the GUI), but I forgot to make it. However, they have not updated the mkvtoolnix (the original program) program for awhile and it is unable to extract x264 encoded videos properly. Link for that program: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKVExtractGUI . You will most likely need to install mkvtoolnix first and then extract the MKVExtractGUI into the same directory as mkvtoolnix. Not too sure though, I tend to confuse it with mkvmerge.

Comment

I has Sportacus on the Move in XviD, but only in the English dub.
              I can upload that if you're not racist.

Originally posted by SportaSentai
              Yeah, I got access to the download section thanks to EdisLeado.
              viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38
              See it. Be it. Do it.

Comment

Racist? Oh...please don't put it that way, Ultra Magnus. That makes me feel sad. :( I'm the furthest from racist. I'm sorry if I made off differently. I didn't mean it.

However, I really would prefer the American dub to the British because for one, it is the original - and 2, It's just what I'm used to hearing. Thank you for offering your download though. If I have no future luck with the American one, I definitely wouldn't mind the British one. :) But for now, I'm going to keep trying.

Hey nindanjoe...either way, the original "Sportacus on the Move" download needs updating. The link is now dead for some reason. Which is really weird because I just downloaded it a few days ago. Megaupload shouldn't do that, should it? I'd really appreciate it if you would...after I found out it was an .mkv a few days ago (before I asked you about it), I stupidly deleted it!

Anwyway, thanks for the links and the information! I think I understand what an .mkv is now. I'll see what I can do. If I can't manually extract the video itself, maybe I can use a media coversion website or software instead. The programs I use to play media are Quicktime and Windows Media Player...and they don't play .mkv's. I guess I could work with it some more with different programs (once I get the file downloaded again!).

In the words of our beloved Stephanie..."There's Always a Way"...and I'll find it!

PS: Thanks for the link to the Karaoke thread, Ultra Magnus. I'll check that out too!

Comment

I'm pretty sure Ultra Magnus was just joking around. :)

I did a little searching for that Megaupload error message and I got mixed results. For some files, it returns, for others, it does not. I may have to re-upload it again.

Quicktime should be able to play the .mp4 file. For the .mkv, QuickTime might, but I would recommend installing CCCP, which is a codec pack (more work); or install VLC Media Player (easier). Comrade Stalin linked to a topic that has links to it. =D CCCP will install ffdshow and you will have the choice to install Media Player Classic and/or BS Player which both can handle .mkv. You could install Media Player Classic by itself, but you would need to install something that could play x264 and .mkv stuff. ffdshow handles the x264 and the Matroska Splitter thing (aka Haali's Media Splitter) handles the .mkv, which is what CCCP installs too. Links anyways:

http://www.videolan.org/ (VLC Media Player)
                  http://www.cccp-project.net/ (CCCP)

Good luck!

Comment

Yeah, I was only joking. :)
                    You'll learn soon enough never to take anything I say seriously.

In fact, it's best just to ignore me completely.
                    That's what most people around here do.

Comment

Uploaded and done! clickapic seems to have fixed there limit thing for Gold Premium members and I was able to upload the entire file there (about 177MB). Download link:

Sportacus on the Move (re-uploaded)
                      e34_move_x264_null.rar
                      http://clickapic.com/file/3144/e34-move-x264-null-rar.html]E34 DL Link[/url]
                      Have fun, and if anymore problems rise from their grave, post about it and we'll send the undead thing back with a few kicks. :)

Comment

Comment

Thank you SO much nindanjoe!!! I would've thanked you sooner, but I was really busy. This was the week of the play I was in ("Grease"), so I didn't have much time on the computer. However, I did manage to work something out this afternoon, and I finally got the video to work for me!!! It took 2 converter programs and an hour and a half...but it was totally worth it! It's such a cute ep (great editing, too). Thanks for all your help and advice. I never could have done it without you.

And about Ultra Magnus' comment...it's all right. I now understand that you were kidding. It's just that I can be VERY sensitive sometimes. I won't take what you say personally, I promise. :)

Thanks again! <3

Comment

You're welcome. :) How was the play?

Did you give VLC Media Player a try too? I was hoping that it would work with the .mkv file and the .mp4 file on your computer. At least you were able to watch it. :) I've read a few things about the .mp4 format over at Kaizoku-Fansubs and some people not being able to play it for one reason or another.

Comment

The play went great! It was sold out for all 5 nights it was performed, and the audience LOVED it! (YAY! ) Everyone said I did a good job as Rizzo (and my twin sister, who played Sandy). I can't wait for the next play that I'm going to be in - Rogers' and Hammerstien's "The King and I" - a higher budget community production, rather than a school one. I'm currently rehearsing for that one right now as Tuptim, the Princess of Burma. We're opening at the beginning of May...I'm really excited!

Yeah, I'm usually able to play mp4's, but lately, all I've been getting is a weird green screen while the audio normally plays. Luckily, I already have a converter that will fix that for me. As for the matroska file, I suppose I could've used the VLC media player...but I didn't choose to (which is probably why I was having such a tough time). I wanted the file in either .avi or .wmv format so that I can load it easily into my DVD burner. I like to make DVD's so I can show my family and friends on the TV...and so that I can watch them with my sister in our room (We watch at least one episode of LazyTown every night! :) ).

I also like getting the episodes in those formats because I can load them into a video editing program, like Windows Movie Maker. I like to take episodes of my favorite shows and set them to my favorite music (aka "fanvids"). Once I get a good one done, I'll have to show everyone. I've made some Sentai/Power Rangers ones in the past, but I have yet to make a LazyTown one. I have some great ideas in the works, though! I just need to find more free time once in a while.

PS: For the people that can't play mp4's, the only advice I can give is to use a media converter to get it into a format that works for them. This site is called...Kaizoku Fansubs? Cool! I wonder if they have Super Sentai subs...haha (nah, that's what TV-Nihon's for).

PSS: Oh gosh...I'm reading over my message and I notice I'm using "I", "me" and "my" a lot...is that bad? Am I turning into Stingy? I hope not!

Comment

Awesome! Sounds like the play was fun. :) I always wanted to see an actual play, but I'm quite cheap so I don't spend much money. Good luck with your next play!

Ah, now I understand what's going on. I always seem to forget people make fanvids. factor8 also makes DVDs for his kids to watch LazyTown and stuff; with Nero Recode, I think, since it'll do the encoding for him too. :)

Speaking of conversions and Kaizoku-Fansubs, here's their guide on how to convert x264 (MP4) to XviD (AVI):

http://kaizoku-fansubs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=29

They only sub One Piece. :) It's actually thanks to them I found out about LazyTown. It maybe be a bit difficult to learn AviSynth at first. It took me a couple of days to figure what the heck I was doing. MKV will work with AviSynth too, and you can get the FPS of the video from it's properties, if not that, then something with a program like MediaInfo. However, a media converter, like SUPER, is more user-friendly. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X