Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown Episodes HD VMD - Shipping the player and discs

Dr. Evil approves

This idea of double shipping the HD VMD bundle to Europe then US that you mentioned in my other thread may have some merit.

What say you Ultra Magnus? Anybody else have ideas?

LazyTown HD VMD 2

I think it is an idea that could indeed work. Ultra Magnus is pretty trustworthy, and so is Mr_Gazpacho. Ultra Magnus lives in the United Kingdom and Gaz lives in Sweden so it might be cheaper for Magnus to ship it to you.

I'm sure some kind of system can be arranged - when one of our European members calculates the cost of shipping to the U.S. they could be PayPal'd the money.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD 2

Originally posted by Xizer
      I think it is an idea that could indeed work. Ultra Magnus is pretty trustworthy, and so is Mr_Gazpacho. Ultra Magnus lives in the United Kingdom and Gaz lives in Sweden so it might be cheaper for Magnus to ship it to you.

I'm sure some kind of system can be arranged - when one of our European members calculates the cost of shipping to the U.S. they could be PayPal'd the money.
      I think I can go with that.

One thing that would need to be checked is weather or not a product shipped to the UK would be compatible with our 60hz 110 power in the US. I can't find any specs on their site about power adaptability.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD 2

Originally posted by lost4ever
        One thing that would need to be checked is weather or not a product shipped to the UK would be compatible with our 60hz 110 power in the US. I can't find any specs on their site about power adaptability.
        That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that.
        It might be better to buy the player and discs separately so you know you're getting a power-compatible player, but then you'd have to be sure that they don't utilise a DVD-esque region system.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD 2

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
          That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that.
          It might be better to buy the player and discs separately so you know you're getting a power-compatible player, but then you'd have to be sure that they don't utilise a DVD-esque region system.
          We're pretty sure they don't, Xizeer had a link to a site saying they don't at least. I trust Xizer not to mess with sources.
          The shipping ought to be less if we don't include the player, as a sidenote!

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD 2

Shipping the player and discs seperately is a good idea. It is correct that these players regionless. The one problem with this idea is that the Lazytown discs are ONLY offered with the bundle at this time. :(

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD 2

Shipping the player and discs seperately is a good idea. It is correct that these players regionless. The one problem with this idea is that the Lazytown discs are ONLY offered with the bundle at this time. :(
              Well, I'm sure I can put a VMD player to some use, so I might be ready to order the bundle and forward the disks to you.
              ... After having a quick look... :)

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD 2

Originally posted by Mr_Gazpacho
                Well, I'm sure I can put a VMD player to some use, so I might be ready to order the bundle and forward the disks to you.
                I can work with that. I would of course cover your costs beyond the player and a modest service fee for your effort.

I was just looking around and it looks like I can order the player locally (no bundle packs available) which would at least save me the huge shipping charges from the UK on the player.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD 2

I can work with that. I would of course cover your costs beyond the player and a modest service fee for your effort.

I was just looking around and it looks like I can order the player locally (no bundle packs available) which would at least save me the huge shipping charges from the UK on the player.
                  Ah, that sounds good. Glad you could get it worked out.
                  And so quickly, too.

You just have to trust Mr. Gaz not to want to keep the discs once he gets his hands on them.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD 2

So, what's the status?

Did you take NME up on their offer for a free set of LazyTown discs if they ever get distribution rights?

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD 2

I'm not holding my breath on when the discs will be released in the US. I've asked for a refund and am still waiting for them to apply it back to my credit card before proceeding further. It seems a bit strange that they would charge my card THEN tell me they can't ship it.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD 2

Evil plans are always nice. :)

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD 2

Well nme finally refunded my money for the canceled order.

I've heard it rumored that the Lazytown discs are now available separately from the bundle. Unfortunately I cannot confirm it from the US. The store site shows them available but if I try to add them to the shopping cart it doesn't let me order them. Can anybody from Europe confirm that they are indeed available from the nme store where you are at? http://www.nmestore.com/ (Unfortunately you will have to create an account on the site before it gives you true availability for your region.)

If it is true it may be simpler than Mr_Gaz's suggestion of splitting up the bundle.

However if purchase of the bundle is still required my original offer stands: Mr_Gaz (or anyone for that matter) if you ever decide you wish to purchase a VMD player for yourself I will gladly buy the Lazytown discs from you.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD 2

As it stands I don't have an income. Without an income all I'd be able to afford is the player, and the best monitor/tv I've got at the moment is only 720p.
                            At the moment it seems I'll just have to wait for full HD content, but I'll still be happy to order the disks for you. :)
                            That is if I could only find them on the website! Can I has a direct linkz please?

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD 2

As it stands I don't have an income. Without an income all I'd be able to afford is the player, and the best monitor/tv I've got at the moment is only 720p.
                              At the moment it seems I'll just have to wait for full HD content, but I'll still be happy to order the disks for you. :)
                              That is if I could only find them on the website! Can I has a direct linkz please?
                              A bit tough to find I know. If you look under the Children's films category they don't show up. :? I found 7 separate disks:
                              http://nmestore.com/product_info.php...products_id=21
                              http://nmestore.com/product_info.php...products_id=22
                              http://nmestore.com/product_info.php...products_id=23
                              http://nmestore.com/product_info.php...products_id=24
                              http://nmestore.com/product_info.php...products_id=29
                              http://nmestore.com/product_info.php...products_id=36
                              http://nmestore.com/product_info.php...products_id=38

21 Cry Dinosaur
                              22 Crystal Caper
                              23 Dear Diary
                              24 Defeeted
                              29 Dr Rottenstein
                              36 Happy Brush Day
                              38 Hero For A Day

Directed by Raymond P. Le Gué and Magnús Scheving. 2004 Iceland. Running time: 121min. Starring: Magnus Scheving. Global hit children's TV series, blending computer animation with live actors- empowering, fun and motivating production that encourages children to enjoy a healthy lifestyle.

This product was added to our catalog on Monday 24 September, 2007.

Comment

Working...
                              X