LazyTown Episodes HD VMD - Buying HD VMD player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown Episodes HD VMD - Buying HD VMD player

...I just ordered the HD VMD player with Lazytown bundle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LazyTownMl777bundle_L.jpg Views:	1 Size:	30.9 KB ID:	152728

Buying HD VMD player

How much? \(<_<\)

Comment

Buying HD VMD player

Originally posted by Vyser
      How much? \(<_<\)
      $342.52 U.S. with shipping.

Comment

Buying HD VMD player

That's pretty sweet.
        I expected it to be more like thousands, as DVD players and CD players were when they were the new tech.

Comment

Buying HD VMD player

O_O

Awwww man... *sigh* I bet it's so awesome...

Comment

Buying HD VMD player

the HD VMD format was designed from the beginning to be low cost. It doesn't have some of the features of the other formats (audio quality)
            It is targeted at the family on a budget. I don't think it will take off in (in the US at least) I've only seen 17 titles available for it other than Lazytown.

Comment

Buying HD VMD player

Thats cool. I hope it looks good or whatever.

Comment

Buying HD VMD player

Originally posted by lost4ever
                the HD VMD format was designed from the beginning to be low cost. It doesn't have some of the features of the other formats (audio quality) It is targeted at the family on a budget.
                Of course. I remember hearing that now that you've said it.
                Still, I think $350 is faptastic value for hi-def LazyTown, even if that's all you ever get for it.

Plus it plays DVDs, right? So it's not like you'll only ever use it for those 6 discs.

Also, I just did some research and found out that they've got the rights to release the entire first season.
                So, assuming they don't go bankrupt before they finish, that'll rule.

Comment

Buying HD VMD player

Too bad they didn't include the high end player in the bundle, the one with the USB ports and everything. You should totally buy one of those and give the original away to someone, because WE'RE GONNA NEED YOU TO RIP THAT SHIT FOR US! IT'S STEPHER TIME

Comment

Buying HD VMD player

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
                    Originally posted by lost4ever
                    the HD VMD format was designed from the beginning to be low cost. It doesn't have some of the features of the other formats (audio quality) It is targeted at the family on a budget.
                    Of course. I remember hearing that now that you've said it.
                    Still, I think $350 is faptastic value for hi-def LazyTown, even if that's all you ever get for it.

Plus it plays DVDs, right? So it's not like you'll only ever use it for those 6 discs.

Also, I just did some research and found out that they've got the rights to release the entire first season.
                    So, assuming they don't go bankrupt before they finish, that'll rule.
                    Yes it does play DVDs, which is what influenced my purchase. My current DVD player is ancient and needs replacing but I haven't wanted to buy a new one until the HD format wars ended. But as it seems that Blu-ray may be coming out ahead that would mean my huge collection of DVDs would be obsolete unless I got another regular DVD player OR payed out $1300 bucks for the upcoming dual laser drive. So I figured if I'm replacing my DVD player I might as well get one with something extra then I could buy a Blu-ray and not worry about my old DVD collection.

Originally posted by Mr_Gazpacho
                    Too bad they didn't include the high end player in the bundle, the one with the USB ports and everything. You should totally buy one of those and give the original away to someone, because WE'RE GONNA NEED YOU TO RIP THAT SHIT FOR US! IT'S STEPHER TIME
                    Actually according to the specs this bundle does include the high end version. Unfortunately I believe the USB ports are input only. But don't worry, "there's always a way."

Comment

Buying HD VMD player

I wouldn't mind buying that! It's a lot cheaper than I was expecting.

Comment

Buying HD VMD player

I am rather intrigued. When you get this in the mail, you'll be sure to stop by the IRC chat so we can poke and prod questions out of you, right?

Comment

Buying HD VMD player

Originally posted by Xizer
                          I am rather intrigued. When you get this in the mail, you'll be sure to stop by the IRC chat so we can poke and prod questions out of you, right?
                          I'll do my best to stop by and chat. Just have to find some staples strong enough to keep me in my seat for awhile.

Comment

Buying HD VMD player

<<<<<<DENIED!>>>>>>

Thank you for your Lazy Town HDVMD Bundle Box order.

We have the rights for Lazy Town for the United Kingdom, Iceland and Scandinavia but do not have the rights for the USA yet. Therefore we regret to inform you that at the moment we can not supply Lazy Town directly to you in the USA.
                            I got this email today from nme. On the plus side they did offer to send me the Lazytown episodes for free (if they become available in the US) if I bought a player now. However I decided on a refund. I will wait and see what the market does.

they have also now added a disclaimer on their site saying US customers cannot buy this.

Comment

Buying HD VMD player

That sucks.

It seems that Magnús was really taken for a sucker when he signed with Viacom for the US market.
                              I wonder if they made him sign in his own blood?

Comment

Working...
                              X