Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown in the US gone for good?

Note: this is about the USA

First Nick Jr. dropped LazyTown right when I learned it was still on TV. Now it seems as of 2008, Noggin doesn't show it anymore! Since there's no more LazyTown on TV, time to buy all the DVD's! Yay...*finds way to make extra cash fast and legally*

Please tell me there's some other source to view LazyTown. >_<

Re: LazyTown in the US gone for good?

And why happen that?

Comment

Originally posted by beticaforever
      And why happen that?
      We Americans wouldn't know a really good thing if was dropped on our couch potato heads. :)
      http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

It still comes on noggin. It was on at 4:30AM this morning.

Comment

I thought I saw it in an afternoon timeslot somewhere too?

Basically the short of it is the USA's television system sucks ass. Viacom's logic is that they shouldn't air LazyTown because it's a licensed import that they have to pay extra for rather than an in-house advertising machine like the rest of their programming.

It's not that they don't have an audience. There are plenty of LazyTown fans out here in the USA in its intended demographic, even now when the show hasn't had a regular timeslot for over a year. There was a live LT stage show at a theme park in my area a few months ago (that wasn't really advertised), and over 2000 people attended. And that's just in the greater Philadelphia region. Viacom's just choosing to ignore their audience in favor of the money they can make from Dora.

The only chance LazyTown really has in the USA is if they can somehow end their contract with Viacom and go somewhere else.

Comment

I would love to see LazyTown again here in the US.

Comment

damn, you guys sure do bitch about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosheddy
                damn, you guys sure do bitch about this.
                You would too, if your country was not showing lazytown anymore.

Comment

. .
                  l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

I have noticed that the LazyTown DVD's weren't on store shelves anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by chuft
                      Since there's no more LazyTown on TV, time to buy all the DVD's!
                      The U.S./Region 1 DVDs were all discontinued, back in August or September I think. Good luck finding them all. I still haven't been able to find Surprise Santa.
                      I'll probably buy all the UK ones. Aside from that, Netflicks has all the US DVD's.

Comment

Ok...it seems LazyTown is back up. I've been using this site as a source for what episodes are playing (http://television.aol.com/show/lazytown/73366/upcoming) and LazyTown was deleted from the database when I first made this post. W00t, no more bitching about no more LazyTown! In fact, they have more play times listed!

Comment

So it's not completely gone But there's still the issue of extremely limited exposure, plus Noggin never premieres episodes or airs the newer ones, so it looks like we'll never see Energy Book, Birthday Surprise, Lazytown Goes Digital, Lazy Rockets, The Lazy Genie, Once Upon A Time, Dancing Dream, or Sportacus Saves The Toys.

Comment

Originally posted by CJVercetti
                            You know Zokita, complaining on a message board isn't going to solve anything. We need to take action!

Perhaps we should meet for coffee and tea to discuss this further...
                            [img]http://img442.**********.us/img442/9071/itsatrapcd0.jpg[/img]

Comment

I would love to take action, write petitions, storm nickjr, send them thousands of piles of sports candy demanding the series back on the air, but I doubt it will do any good....

I just wish they would at least give somekind of press release or an answer to this all on the official site or something... :(

Comment

Working...
                              X