Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LazyTown in the US gone for good?

Originally posted by beticaforever
    I don't want ask again for a while, and because for me, it is a topic a bit... delicate...
    Yeah no reason to ask I was just curious. Thinking back I remember the incident from 2009 when the "bond" holders were calling in their loans because they were hurting from the crash of 2008.

KIDS' favourite LazyTown is facing financial meltdown — with its Icelandic bosses owing £15MILLION.

Bondholders are taking legal action to retrieve the vast sum, which may lead to the bankruptcy of LazyTown Entertainment.

Mr Scheving, 45, insisted most bondholders had agreed to loans being repaid in "the next few years".

And now this new deal 2 years later.

LazyTown firm bought by Turner Broadcasting

Children's television show created by Magnus Scheving sold in a deal valued at more than £15m
    Pretty much the same amount needed to pay off those pesky bondholders. Magnus must also think about the future of his Lazytown franchise. He's getting older he'll be hitting the big 50 in just two years and I'm sure he's thinking about when it's time for him to retire and in who's capable hands to leave the franchise.

And, guys, think something, Magnús loves his Company and his Creations, I don't think he wanted to sign a deal for lose his company completely, because if he only thought about money, then, why not "sold" (I added commas because it is not a sold actually) the company before, huh?

That's also his weakness. No matter how much anyone tries to deny it, without the money you are pretty much dead in the water. The ideal is to be financially independent so you don't have to go around crawling and selling your soul off to any devil that does have the cash. To be frank, LTEs marketing sucks and that's why they ran into trouble. Don't get me wrong one can love everything about one's creation but you must also be smart and practical business wise. More than likely, Magnus wanted to do more episodes but didn't have the funds to do it. He couldn't get more from the bondholders so he had to turn elsewhere and TBS took the deal.

TBS will show him how marketing is done. :)
    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by whatever
      Originally posted by Ilovestephshoes
      Found The Video Making It Offical With Maggi Signing The Contract
      http://www.mbl.is/frettir/sjonvarp/
      And Magnus interviewed http://www.mbl.is/frettir/sjonvarp/62276/?cat=innlent

I wonder what he's saying, Isn't he talkinbg about Stefan Karl?
      According to Elín, Mágnus said that they haven't gotten as far as knowing which actors will be playing in the next season. Magnús does say that he and Stefán Karl keep contact and that he wishes he'd play Robbie again, he says it would be fun for them to finish it together. I would say it's unlikely because he already signed up for doing The Grinch again, like GG said, but maybe a miracle happens.

I really hope they don't ask Julianna for the part of Stephanie, she already did the 2nd and LT extra season with a grumpy head and insulting the older fans didn't do her good. She better stay away.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I read the news again and yes, Turner owns LazyTown now, but he is still CEO and manage the production, etc.

So, why they told me about most of Shares Magnús has? Interesting... Or maybe if he has the Shares, that's the reason why he is still CEO and his Team manage it.

It's a pity anyways... And I still think since Ragnheidur decided not work more on LT Ent., everything went worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Xizer
          So it is not possible at all to subscribe to a provider which carries the HD version
          No idea, hadn't heard of Cartoonito until yesterday.
          Originally posted by Xizer
          or upgrade your package to receive it?
          We have every channel Virgin has to offer.
          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2011...ss/#more-26397
            Sophie, lol.

Comment

So, looks like the deal's for real. But, Besides sprout re-runs I still think Lazytown in the US is "gone for good". And...good luck to Magnus trying to replace Stefan as Robbie And what kinda it-thing will he get to replace Julianna?

Comment

I don't have the new channel :(

Comment

I read the news again and yes, Turner owns LazyTown now, but he is still CEO and manage the production, etc.

So, why they told me about most of Shares Magnús has? Interesting... Or maybe if he has the Shares, that's the reason why he is still CEO and his Team manage it.

It's a pity anyways... And I still think since Ragnheidur decided not work more on LT Ent., everything went worse.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but it was hard to tell the way the news people wrote that and with the subsequent interviews. Anyway yeah he's the majority share holder. Although if they wanted he could easily be ousted with corporate shenanigans.

As I have stated it will never have that magic it had before once the actors are changed it losses that chemistry they had. Now it's quite possible I can be wrong and they replicate that magic but it's very hard to do. I'm also assuming that Stefan is out along with Julianna.

Comment

For me, the best season was the First one, when they made it in Iceland with no problems from Nickelodeon and Viacom. It had the "essence" from 90's, from the original idea. But when they did the deal with Nickelodeon and started to have problems with them...

Comment

For me, the best season was the First one.

Yeah that's pretty much the overall consensus from most people including myself. Everyone was on their game in that season. All the best songs come from there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
                        I really hope they don't ask Julianna for the part of Stephanie, she already did the 2nd and LT extra season with a grumpy head and insulting the older fans didn't do her good. She better stay away.
                        Don't forget she didn't even remember the Mayor was her uncle. Mah father!

Comment

For me, the best season was the First one.
                          Totally agree

Originally posted by Sportagirl_10.5
                          I don't have the new channel :(
                          I'll record it for ya

Comment

For me, the best season was the First one
                            I also agree, I think it had awesome creativity and was definitely the best, the second season is kinda forgettable and doesn't have the same 'magic' of the first one, and as you've told me before, Sportacus doesn't appear as often as in the first season.

Comment

Somehow I like the second season more, there is more excitement and the effects are better compared to the first season. It's more fun to watch.
                              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

You then are definitely not one of the people who watch LazyTown for the wig.

Comment

Working...
                                X