LazyTown Episodes HD VMD player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown Episodes HD VMD player

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bundle_Box_LazyTown.jpg Views:	2 Size:	14.5 KB ID:	153091

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_VMD
    http://www.nmeinc.com/index.aspx

It sounds like it's only in Iceland for now.

From NME's press release:

Originally posted by NME
    Childrens TV Sensation ‘LAZY TOWN’ Goes for the HD VMD Format
    LONDON, Aug 28,2007

New Medium Enterprises(NME) (OTC Bulletin Board: NMEN - News), provider of the affordable, high-quality HD VMD disc solution has announced that the ‘LazyTown’ series which has wowed children the world over will be available on HD VMD format in Iceland with 5 Episodes included in the NME Player bundle box.

LazyTown is a completely unique show that blends movement, music and great story telling. With its comedic and energetic storylines, its sure to make HD VMD a hit with family audiences. Originated, produced and written by Icelandic entrepreneur, world-class athlete and public speaker Magnus Scheving, LazyTown uses entertainment, exercise and fun to help kids make healthier choices in their everyday lives.

Alexander Bolker-Hagerty, EVP of Business Development of NME states, “We are very excited about seeing such an innovative and popular title move towards the HD VMD format.” He adds, “It’s a quality children’s programme which we believe will can succeed internationally on HD VMD.”

What you should know about HD VMD:
    HD VMD (Versatile Multilayer Disc) is NME’s proprietary high definition disc format based on established red laser technology. HD VMD’s seamless and cost-effective manufacturing solutions for HD products are based on the existing DVD production infrastructure. HD VMD prices and costs are very close to DVDs and bring a quality that rivals Blu-ray and HD DVD.

HD VMD is a true HD format with 1920 x 1080i/p resolution, up to 45 Mbps bit rate playback and DVD upscaling, allowing users to watch their existing DVD collection and achieve premium picture quality through their HD TV monitors. The HD VMD player is suitable for playback on all HD-capable display devices and will support existing optical disc formats: CD, DVD. The HD VMD players also feature Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and all region codes for greater film viewing flexibility. -> (lol)

HD VMD is currently being adopted by content providers and distributors in more than a dozen regions worldwide, including Australia, Brazil, Central Europe, China, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Japan, Scandinavia, Middle East, Russia and the United States.

LazyTown HD VMD

Me wants!
    But I will wait for the HD format wars to settle down before buying a new player.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD

Originally posted by lost4ever
      Me wants!
      But I will wait for the HD format wars to settle down before buying a new player.

Yeah, I like the quality coming off of them but I'm with you about the battle.
      http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD

Anyone heard of HD VMD before this?

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD

Originally posted by Rubyducky
          Anyone heard of HD VMD before this?
          I've heard about it's development for a couple of years in the industry mags. There's been little support of the idea as it doesn't support things such as DTS audio, among others. I'm surprised it made it to market with the other competition out there. On the plus side it is cheaper.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD

I wonder why they're releasing it in this format if no one really has the player...

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD

It just seems strange that they're not going with one of the main formats, but I guess they wanted something affordable for families to get right now?

Bit of a waste, really, since Blu-ray will probably win. But good for them for trying to get the HD out there, anyway...

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD

Originally posted by Rubyducky
                I wonder why they're releasing it in this format if no one really has the player...
                I'm sure it was a financial arrangement of some sort. Trying to promote the format and break into the market. Fair choice I would say: The format lends itself to kids shows and family films better than blockbuster movies because it lacks a lot of the high end audio and video quality. And it's cheaper so it may appeal to parents more.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD

US company NME have revealed they will be releasing all of LazyTown's 53 episodes on HD VMD, a new "Blu-ray like" (but better, its claimed) high definition DVD type system requiring you to buy a player costing about €179 or $199. I's the first kids series to be released in that format.
                  All episodes have been uniquely produced in High Definition adding extra clarity and depth to the picture quality (so they say), but they will only initially be available in Scandinavian countries and Iceland, with 12 Episodes in each bundle. More details, with a quote from Maggi, here...

http://www.telecommarketnews.com/2007/1 ... ing-l.html

I don't know if I'll be rushing out to buy a player yet, but it looks promising.
                  Also, could someone remind me where this 53rd episode is?

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD

All 53 episodes to be released is news to me, only heard something ridiculous like 18 before.
                    Burt, they don't just say it, VMD is 1080p while Blu-ray is only 720p.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD

They count the "New Super Hero" episode as 2 seeing as it was double length.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD

because some discs are dual-layer.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD

all this technical stuff - just bring on the high definition!!

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD

http://www.digitalstores.co.uk/lazytown ... o3qN3IEb-1
                            http://www.digitalstores.co.uk/lazytown ... ntProduct=

Apparently there are two different bundles... perhaps the Scandinavian versions also include the five different audio dubs for Scandinavia?

I haven't hit the final checkout button yet, but as far as I got, it seemed that it would be willing to ship to the United States.

Comment

LazyTown HD VMD

I was planning on emailing digitalstores to ask them if they would ship to the US but have been too lazy to get around to it. My guess is the web site will let you purchase it but you wil subsequently get an email saying they can't ship, just like nme did.

Comment

Working...
                              X