• Two Interviews with Magnus about LazyTown

This:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/grownups/ ... gnus.shtml

BBC - CBeebies - Grownups - Exclusives Interview with Magnus Scheving.pdf

and this:
    http://www.lanacion.com.ar/entretenimie ... _id=967040

(not saved locally)

Re: I found two web pages.

Magnus: We were so lucky when we found Julianna Rose Mauriello. She brought so much to the show. Like everyone else, she gets older. With regards to replacing Julianna, we haven't really thought too much about that, I'm sure the time will come though. Since LazyTown started back in 1995 we've had three different 'Stephanies', even though only in Iceland.
    Hmmm, I didn't realize it went back that far. And three Stephanies? I know Shelby Young and Juliana but I wonder who the other one was.
    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Probably means the ones from the live shows

Comment

Originally posted by Rubyducky
        Probably means the ones from the live shows

Would be interesting to find out though who that third one is. I did a quick search on google but found nothing but blogs about the show and the usual official links including some wikis. I don't think I ever saw this wiki before though http://wiki.ytmnd.com/Lazytown
        http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Magnus: We were so lucky when we found Julianna Rose Mauriello. She brought so much to the show. Like everyone else, she gets older. With regards to replacing Julianna, we haven't really thought too much about that, I'm sure the time will come though. Since LazyTown started back in 1995 we've had three different 'Stephanies', even though only in Iceland.
          I hope that means what I hope it means.

Also good find.

Comment

Cool, great find, thanks for sharing.
            I'm glad that Magnus still has all of these ideas for LazyTown - movie, more production, even a documentary.

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi
              And three Stephanies? I know Shelby Young and Juliana but I wonder who the other one was.
              Not including Shelby Young there was (in order)

Selma Björnsdóttir (or sometimes known as just Selma)
              Linda Ásgeirsdóttir
              Julianna Rose Mauriello

Comment

omg! awesome that the movie is still in the works...this is proabably the most interesting interview I have ever seen! We finally get some decent answers about things we want to know! I so can't wait for more info on the movie or the "tv production" he has planned.

Comment

My guess for that is because Shelby was chosen for the pilot episode but then she couldn't be in LazyTown, so it wasn't really a permanent thing like it has been for Julianna.

Comment

FinlaysDad: "It's not a question, but my 3 year old loves to pretend to be Sportacus (something I would certainly not discourage - a good role model). When he says "I'm Sportacus" I reply "No, I'm Sportacus". My 2 year old chips in with "No, I'm Sportacus". Very funny and totally lost on the kids!

Magnus:Great! Maybe it comes from the "Sportafake" episode when Robbie disguised as Sportacus. There are some lines from that episode that go like that.

Lol he doesn't get the Spartacus thing. Different culture. Great movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Incommodo
                      FinlaysDad: "It's not a question, but my 3 year old loves to pretend to be Sportacus (something I would certainly not discourage - a good role model). When he says "I'm Sportacus" I reply "No, I'm Sportacus". My 2 year old chips in with "No, I'm Sportacus". Very funny and totally lost on the kids!

Magnus:Great! Maybe it comes from the "Sportafake" episode when Robbie disguised as Sportacus. There are some lines from that episode that go like that.

Lol he doesn't get the Spartacus thing. Different culture. Great movie.
                      Uh, I assume the "I'm Sportacus! No, I'm Sportacus!" joke from the sportafake ep was already based on the spartacus thing.

Comment

Somebody on the LJ comm maggiedaily (who goes by the username of mrs_scheving*) has translated the Spanish one here
                        Apparently this paragraph (emphasis mine)
                        Originally posted by the spanish article
                        "Estoy también en otros dos proyectos: una cadena de restaurantes con el nombre de Lazy Town, de la que no puedo adelantar nada más, aunque creo que es una idea brillante, y otros 36 episodios de la serie televisiva", dice Scheving,
                        means this
                        "I am also in two other projects: a chain of restaurants under the name Lazy Town, which I can not anticipate anything else, but I think it is a brilliant idea, and another 36 episodes of the television series," said Scheving,
                        So I guess what-his-name's 'contact' was either wrong, misleading him, or imaginary, because we have as directly from the horse's mouth as is possible considering it was translated twice that there will be an S3. It's from last week, I checked the date on the original, so he's not referring to episodes we already have.

*I consider this all-too-common practice among fen and fangirls to be ridiculous. Magnus's actual wife doesn't call herself Mrs Scheving, for goodness' sake, Icelandic names don't work like that.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly
                          So I guess what-his-name's 'contact' was either wrong, misleading him, or imaginary, because we have as directly from the horse's mouth as is possible considering it was translated twice that there will be an S3. It's from last week, I checked the date on the original, so he's not referring to episodes we already have.
                          "What-his-name" ??? who exactly is that? He might be getting a little PISSED-OFF that you can't be arsed to refer to him by his proper screenname. If you do, you might just luck-out and get a response.
                          And btw, get a sense of humour. Maggiedaily is just one great big Magnus fan, and her use of "Mrs. Scheving" is just her having a laugh (or secret wish). No harm in that.

Comment

Oh, was that you, was it, Burt? For some reason I was under the impression that whoever it was had gone again. Sorry.

I'm perfectly aware there's no harm in it, that doesn't mean I can't find the practice embarrassing by proxy, especially when actual factual errors are involved.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly
                              Oh, was that you, was it, Burt? For some reason I was under the impression that whoever it was had gone again. Sorry.
                              I'm perfectly aware there's no harm in it, that doesn't mean I can't find the practice embarrassing by proxy, especially when actual factual errors are involved.
                              Well thanks for the apology, but I'm tired now and I want to go to bed.

I'm prepared to "bury the hatchet", so no more bickering from me, and a bit less of that condescending tone from you, and we MAY be friends.....tommorrow.

I'll let you know soon about my other "friend"

Comment

Working...
                              X