X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent visit to LT studios

Found this article whilst trawling for lazyfish -
    http://www.sportandtechnology.com/features/0542.html

begs the question, is magnus making more shows, or has he regressed into the studio tour guide? :oops:
    Attached Files

Re: Recent visit to LT studios

*blink*
    It claims Magnus does all his own stunts. Now, I know he is, or at least was, capable of all the stunts, and he still does a lot of physical stuff an ordinary actor couldn't, but I do wonder where the S&T mob got the impression it's all Magnus from. Misheard the line I've heard multiple times from multiple sources about doing all his own stunts with some help from a couple of guys in their 20s, maybe?

As for Burt's actual question, I suspect the tour was fairly short (what with the wording "our whirlwind studio tour" and all), and hey, they're the media, publicity is priceless. I'm also sure he's got work to do even when there isn't anything in production, though the fact they photographed him carrying Ziggy when they seemingly expect their readers to not be dreadfully familiar with the show is interesting.

Comment

did the decapitated heads in the background of magnus's shot give anyone else the heebie jeebies????

Comment

Originally posted by LTgirl
        did the decapitated heads in the background of magnus's shot give anyone else the heebie jeebies????
        Uh, no? I didn't even notice them until you pointed them out, and even then they're puppets. I used to pull the heads off my dolls with detachable heads all the time, and the only reason I made sure to put them back is because they'd get lost otherwise.

Comment

Intriguing, also that picture of Magnus and Ziggy looks kinda suss...

Comment

Originally posted by kelly
            *blink*
            It claims Magnus does all his own stunts. Now, I know he is, or at least was, capable of all the stunts, and he still does a lot of physical stuff an ordinary actor couldn't, but I do wonder where the S&T mob got the impression it's all Magnus from. Misheard the line I've heard multiple times from multiple sources about doing all his own stunts with some help from a couple of guys in their 20s, maybe?

As for Burt's actual question, I suspect the tour was fairly short (what with the wording "our whirlwind studio tour" and all), and hey, they're the media, publicity is priceless. I'm also sure he's got work to do even when there isn't anything in production, though the fact they photographed him carrying Ziggy when they seemingly expect their readers to not be dreadfully familiar with the show is interesting.
            Of course he does his duz his own stunts, he was the icelandic gym champ.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyscout
              *blink*

He was a gymnastics champion in his 20s, he's now 43 (I made the macro before his birthday). Look, much as I said in the macro thread after I posted it the first time, he still has a near-superhuman level of accomplishment, he still does stuff on camera that would be beyond the average actor, and he probably could still do all the stunts if he had to, stunt doubles are just a better use of his time and money. Especially the time, seeing as the article this thread's about mentions him working 15 hour days.

Comment

yes, kelly, i know they are puppets. i just saw Bessie's head lying there and it was....odd.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyscout
                  *blink*

He was a gymnastics champion in his 20s, he's now 43 (I made the macro before his birthday). Look, much as I said in the macro thread after I posted it the first time, he still has a near-superhuman level of accomplishment, he still does stuff on camera that would be beyond the average actor, and he probably could still do all the stunts if he had to, stunt doubles are just a better use of his time and money. Especially the time, seeing as the article this thread's about mentions him working 15 hour days.
                  LOL the AZN looking guy on the left looks like he wants to be somewhere else!

Comment

Originally posted by CmdrLuke
                    LOL the AZN looking guy on the left looks like he wants to be somewhere else!
                    Well, I do wonder how many people would be comfortable being practically hugged by their boss.

Comment

Well there IS one member of this forum who I know HAS been hugged by Magnus, and that is my sweet princess, Nalla.
                      Maybe she can confirm Jobe's assumption - but she spends such a lot of time LOLing in myspace , and may need a PM to attract her attention. LOL LOL.

Comment

Is there a line for Magnus hugs?

Comment

Yeah... I want a hug from Magnus! He's like puppy dogs, unicorns, and fluffy marshmellow clouds all put together!

Comment

Originally posted by notorious
                            Originally posted by DawnStar
                            Yeah... I want a hug from Magnus! He's like puppy dogs, unicorns, and fluffy marshmellow clouds all put together!
                            Unicorns? But those are pointy!
                            Okay, then... how about a pegasus? Nice, fluffy and feathery! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Burt Thruster
                              Well there IS one member of this forum who I know HAS been hugged by Magnus, and that is my sweet princess, Nalla.
                              Maybe she can confirm Jobe's assumption - but she spends such a lot of time LOLing in myspace , and may need a PM to attract her attention. LOL LOL.
                              Well, actually, hugs aside, just being within a 20-foot radius of him is rather like getting an instant energy recharge. He just exudes so much natural charisma/enthusiasm that it's impossible not to be influenced by it. I've suggested it many times before, and I still maintain, that they should find a way of bottling whatever it is, and then sell it as an anti-depressant.

Comment

Working...
                              X