Magnus Scheving in The Worlds Richest People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Worlds Richest People

i watched it and it's great! he's a shorty! i thought he was 5'8", not 5'7"...not that one inch makes a difference (;))

he's simply beautiful though.

man...i guy with curly hair...ouch. it gets me every time. that's why i'm a sucker for stefan :)

i liked what magnus had to say anyway. it was very cool to watch.

thanks so much for posting it :)

Comment

I have problems with the video. And now I can see (AVI) with the windows media
      player but it hase problems too. : S The video stutters. I really don't know why.
      Greez

Comment

Originally posted by Magnús Scheving Fan
        I have problems with the video. And now I can see (AVI) with the windows media
        player but it hase problems too. : S The video stutters. I really don't know why.
        Greez
        I had that problem too, both with this one and my own attempt to convert the *.mov to *.avi. I ended up watching it with the *.mov open in one player (MPC) in the background and the avi open in another (Zoom player) in the foreground, muted. Still had to press the 'skip forward two seconds' button every few minutes to keep the vid synched, but it was more-or-less watchable.

For actual commentary: the. wardrobes. May be the most. beautiful. non-antique woodwork. I have ever laid eyes on.
        Also, listening him go about details when I had to ignore an easily fixable continuity error for the most recent chapter of my current fic to make sense was rather amusing.

Comment

I was very tired when i went to see this...The video worked in vlc but the sound didnt....vice versa for quicktime...so i just ran them at the same time....it worked...

Comment

Thanks you two for the video. :) I have to say, it's pretty cool that the .mov format can handle a DivX video file with an MP3 audio track! I never knew it was possible! It's very interesting, I must say. One experiment I did with ffmpeg and VirtualDub seemed to work pretty good. I 'extracted' the different tracks and used VirtualDubMod to mux them to AVI.

Quicktime said something about having to install the DivX codec in order to watch the DivX encoded content which made me wonder if it was possible to use a newer ffdshow to play the file. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Incommodo
              I was very tired when i went to see this...The video worked in vlc but the sound didnt....vice versa for quicktime...so i just ran them at the same time....it worked...
              that's exactly what happened to me, and the same solution. Only replace quicktime with media player classic.

Comment

is there anyone who would mind uploading this on youtube? it's just that my computer won't let me download from mediafire.com. please!!! xx

Comment

thankyou notorious.

Comment

Thanks for posting the video notorious

nindanjoe what did you use to play the mov file?

Comment

I downloaded the single file from the new link, and the picture's fine - even after mangling it through Super to convert it from .avi into .wmv didn't do too much damage, unusually! - but the audio sounds as though either the voiceover guy's doing a really lame job of making it sound dramatic, or that the whole show's being recorded in the Alps or somewhere.

It goes something like "Twenty twenty years ago ears ago, Magnús Magnús Scheving Scheving made a bet made a bet with his with his best friend."

Quite annoying , but not sufficient to stop me watching.
                      I have no idea if the original .avi file was like that, as I can't open it at home. Might try it on the uni computer some time - exactly the same version of Media Player as home, but plays .avi files.... :(

Edit: It turns out it IS enough to stop me watching, as the sound got really badly out of phase with the image at about the time Maggi was scootering down the corridor!
                      Does anyone know if it's a problem with the .avi file when I downloaded it, or whether it's Super screwing it up? It took a fair while for me to convert it the first time, and if I have to convert it again at higher res I think the computer'll blow up , so I thought it would be worth asking if anyone else has had the same trouble before I start from scratch again!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan314159
                        I downloaded the single file from the new link, and the picture's fine - even after mangling it through Super to convert it from .avi into .wmv didn't do too much damage, unusually! - but the audio sounds as though either the voiceover guy's doing a really lame job of making it sound dramatic, or that the whole show's being recorded in the Alps or somewhere.

It goes something like "Twenty twenty years ago ears ago, Magnús Magnús Scheving Scheving made a bet made a bet with his with his best friend."

Quite annoying , but not sufficient to stop me watching.
                        I have no idea if the original .avi file was like that, as I can't open it at home. Might try it on the uni computer some time - exactly the same version of Media Player as home, but plays .avi files.... :(

Edit: It turns out it IS enough to stop me watching, as the sound got really badly out of phase with the image at about the time Maggi was scootering down the corridor!
                        Does anyone know if it's a problem with the .avi file when I downloaded it, or whether it's Super screwing it up? It took a fair while for me to convert it the first time, and if I have to convert it again at higher res I think the computer'll blow up , so I thought it would be worth asking if anyone else has had the same trouble before I start from scratch again!
                        I'm having the same problem it's not super cos I tried that the other day and the audio was still the same but its weird cos on the mov it has good audio but no picture and on avi it has the picture but has an echo sound

Comment

I'm thinking I'll have to download the mov as well then, and use Super to rip the audio off that one and the video off the avi, and then see if Super has the ability to cobble the two together coherently.
                          By the time Magnús' voice was talking about the post office (how lame of them to dub him; I would've preferred subtitles!), I'd seen him do all the hand-waving about 2 mins ago.

Comment

Give me a while, I'll see what I can do with them.

BTW, the wmv format sucks. I suggest you go codec hunting so you can play the avi without converting it.
                            Here's a good place to start.

Comment

Thanks. Whenever I try and play an avi, it tells me it's downloading the necessary codec, then it comes up with some sort of error message and plays the audio only

Comment

Originally posted by Alan314159
                                Thanks. Whenever I try and play an avi, it tells me it's downloading the necessary codec, then it comes up with some sort of error message and plays the audio only
                                Is this Windows Media Player, by any chance?
                                That sucks, too. Don't use it.

Look at the link in my previous post, get yourself Media Player Classic and the basic codecs that are suggested.
                                If you still have trouble with any files, get AVIcodec (the program, not the codec pack), load the problem file into it and it will tell you which codec you need to find to get the file working, and find the codec yourself through Google so you know exactly what you're downloading.

Three final pieces of advice:-
                                Never trust an auto-updater for things like this.
                                Rarely trust Microsoft at all.
                                If you see an auto-updater that's affiliated with Microsoft, run the hell away.

Comment

Working...
                                X