Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Worlds Richest People

Originally posted by notorious
    I'm convinced that most of the problems you're all experiencing are codec related. I can't see why; the video is in MPEG format (very common!) with an MP3 audio track (even more common) in an AVI container (again, common as dirt). I don't get it.
    Well, I was having the same problems with them (no video on the mov, glitchy audio on the avi), but you could probably put that down to the fact that I recently decided to delete all my codecs and start over just downloading what I need when I need it. That, and I just don't like VLC.

Anyway, I've had a play around until I got something that works for me and uploaded it here: -

The video is just a direct stream copy of the avi (DivX4) and the audio is from the mov (Lame MP3).
    It's a bit quiet, but because I already had to adjust the audio speed slightly and resync it* I decided not to degrade it further by boosting it.

Speaking of sync, this version is extremely out of whack for the first minute, but it has to be to make the rest of it work properly.
    By the time the opening titles have finished, all should be fine and dandy.

*Nothing major. The mov was just playing slightly faster than the avi, making it a minute shorter.

Comment

Thank you Ultra Magnus

Comment

Originally posted by mizz_pink
        Thank you Ultra Magnus
        I take it that means it works for you, ya?

Remember: it was Suburbanmum who recorded it and Notorious who encoded it, I just put it together.

Comment

Thank you Ultra Magnus
          Seconded. And to Suburbanmum and Notorious too.
          Didn't even need to download a codec. For some reason Super was much keener on playing opulence.avi than the previous ones...

Out of interest, does anyone know if the interviews with Magnús were done specifically for that show, or if they were older material or perhaps for an Icelandic show as well?
          I'd have thought that if they'd interviewed him for an English language show, he'd have been happy to answer the questions in English. The dubbing kind of watered down his enthusiasm, I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan314159
            Thank you Ultra Magnus
            Didn't even need to download a codec. For some reason Super was much keener on playing opulence.avi than the previous ones...

Out of interest, does anyone know if the interviews with Magnús were done specifically for that show, or if they were older material or perhaps for an Icelandic show as well?
            I'd have thought that if they'd interviewed him for an English language show, he'd have been happy to answer the questions in English. The dubbing kind of watered down his enthusiasm, I thought.
            It was meant to be shown in Iceland from what I read

Comment

Very interesting, thanks to all who made this happen.

Comment

Thank you Ultra Magnus

i thought the dubbing never really done him any favours to be honest, they made him sound a tad big headed, and i agree that it kind of watered down him enthusiasm.

Comment

Sure is strange all the problems people got playing the files. If possible, I'd like to run a few experiments to find out what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                    Sure is strange all the problems people got playing the files. If possible, I'd like to run a few experiments to find out what happened.
                    Mac happened.

I couldn't get it to work on my computer either. Though I didn't try to encode it to fix it either.

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                      I assumed the audio glitch in the avi was down to the fact that it was running a minute longer than the mov it was converted from.
                      But that raises the question of how it managed to work for notorious.

I guess the blank screen in the mov (in both quicktime and mpc) was down to the DivX encode.
                      You said that "Quicktime said something about having to install the DivX codec in order to watch the DivX encoded content" for you, but it didn't do that with me.

Curiouser and curiouser.
                      *strokes beard*

Comment

The dubbing kind of watered down his enthusiasm, I thought.
                        The English suck. I've just found a Spanish version of this programme on YouTube, and they decided to subtitle him instead of adding that moronic dubbing that we got. Icelandic FTW.

Comment

Working...
                        X